Argentina vs. Nigeria Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece' started by Moishe, Jun 12, 2010.

1. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentina vs. Nigeria Post Match Thread

please stop making comments saying messi doesn't give his all when playing for our team. same determination to score? are you serious? how many goalkeepers in la liga would have stopped those shots? the jerez keeper? the almeria keeper? i don't think so

messi was gutted not to have scored. messi did all he could to score. remember he was also a bit rusty not having played in about a month. i am not sure what game you were watching to say he didn't have the determination. he ran at the defense for 90 minutes and was PISSED each time just look at his face. thats just an off base comment to say he didn't have the same determination

2. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi was very determined to score its just that the keeper had the game of his life. Messi was on fire yesterday and had he scored, I feel that Higuain and Tevez would have followed.

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A quick Mod note.

Please limit the discussion to the actual game and let's leave anything and everything pertaining to club play in the appropriate forums, this isn't it. Also have the same considerations for the players we feel should be here in South Africa but are not. Argentina/Nigeria and the actual rosters please.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Questionable refereeing on the play where Heinze scored. Walter Samuel literally clutched the Nigerian defender with both arms to immobilize him. The ref should have called a foul, and the goal should have been nullified.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1EjFvluqRA"]YouTube- Argentina 1 - 0 Nigeria 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP 12/06/2010 Full Highlights[/ame]

But alas, it's history. Argentina now faces the South Koreans.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't completely disagree with you but compared to what they've allowed to go uncalled so far in other matches I'd say that at least they are being consistent.....for what that's worth.

6. Cbronx67

Cbronx67 New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Awesome show of soccer by Argentina.

Going to be very interesting when they play a very defensive team or a team with highly skilled fowards like Germany/Brazil/Spain.

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Argentina vs. Nigeria Post Match Thread

The answer to those questions is "yes". I do feel once the opposition gets tougher, he will step-up.

8. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As an Inter supporter I can tell you Samuel does that ALOT at club level, clamping both his arms around an opposition player and literally rugby tackling them during set pieces, yet he curiously never gets pulled up for it. The conspiracy theorists/Juve fans will tell you it's all apart of Inter's control of Serie A yet it also happens in the CL and now it looks like, the World Cup.;)

9. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Reminds me alot of Simeone. Simeone had that ability to play at the limit and sometimes passed it and never get carded.

10. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've seen that sort of things before, even when referees see that occasionally they don't call anything because they take it as both players are pulling eachother, in such situation i believe nothing is supposed to be called.

11. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    FIFA has officialy admitted that the goal should not have counted. Well they better hook us up in one of our next 2 games.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :rolleyes:

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Link?

14. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nigeria will classify, don't stress.

The goal was good. If you look closely enough you can see the Nigerian grabbing Samuel as much as Samuel was grabbing him. If he fell to the ground, then something would have been called.

Let's worry about who is coming out of Group A and who is going to play who.

15. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    I just watched this game again for the first time, and I will tell you watching a game with your team without all the emotion of it being live, you can be way more objective. Let me say emphatically that this game was much closer than a lot of people were making it out to be. In fact overall it was a pretty even game. Nigeria attacked just as much as Argentina did however, Argentina were more direct and organized with their attacks. I laugh at people who say it could have been 5-0, in reality a more acurate scoreline of what it could have been would be 4-2. To be honest although Enyeama had a man of the match performance, most of those saves he made are saves you would expect any top goalkeeper to make. In other words Argentina did not actually create as many clear cut chances as people were claiming. It would seem by the way many have been going on about this match that Argentina missed sitter after sitter, and that simply isn't true. In all I think Argentina missed only one or two really good chances, the best was Messi in on goal at around 75 minutes, and honestly I think Nigeria actually had better opportunites to score than Argentina did (2 on 1 breakaway where Osaze failed to square to Martins, Taiwo shot that barely missed, Uche volley missing empty net) , and we would have drawn this game had we been more clinical up front.
    All in all Argentina were better, but the margin has been completely exaggerated, and I admit I thought so too before watching this game again. Easily the most exciting game of the tourney so far (2 teams going end to end) Good luck to Argentina for the rest of the tourney, and do us a favor and thrash Korea.

16. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i agree on this. messi's 1st shot is soft

messi 2d save is soft, enema made save look harder he jump to early, shoud of take 1 step more than jump its ez save

messi 3d save is at enyema, mess shoud of lift it but his legs to short to get under ball

higuin just muff all his shot

17. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    heh u got away with it, and it was beatiful play. i dont get maradona player selects or formation but he's tactical genius thats for sure.

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really expected to see more of the same stuff from Diego's Argentina but it looked like he may have learned something along the way. The approach to set-pieces and corners weren't as predictable and nearly effective. I thought this was a good match and one that certainly could have been a score-fest but both teams may have had a bit of rust.

21. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Hahaha...That's what I'm hoping Greece does to Nigeria. They need to play with some pride to atone to the Greek people for Saturday's reversal. 10 men behind the ball.

22. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Well I'm hoping that we don't oblige against Greece or your boys. But I do hope Argentina get's beaten soundly just on general principle. They've shamed us one time too many,... so good luck there. :cool: