Argentina vs. Korea Republic Post Match Thread (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece' started by Moishe, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right and you guys KNOW that North Korea would've DEFINITELY done better!

With the wall the North Koreans put up there's no way Argentina scores 4 on them. North Korea has won a lot of fans for playing so well against Brazil and being a classic underdog.

In fact North Korea could beat the @*&# out of South Korea if they played now at the WC! :p

2. RobbyRobson

RobbyRobson Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maradona should keep an eye on Martín Demichelis. He ********ed up the champions league final for bayern munich, too. So he probably will do the same with argentina. Against South Korea is ok, but against Germany this could be deadly. Just my opinion.

3. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They said the same thing on the ESPN postgame show.

4. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What did I mean? You just explained exactly what I meant! ;)

Yeah they missed on the only other opportunity they had, and it would've been a guaranteed goal if it had been Ji Sung Park taking that shot. Look at North Korea - they scored on the only opportunity they had.

Making the scoreline 2-2 would've made this the most thrilling match of the World Cup.

5. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    there's 2 play piss me off. Park Juyung OG (headsup, wach ball fool) and Yum Kihun blown that brakaway goal. Could of been 3-2.

the offside goal complants is BS IMO. i dont think its offside and even if its offside its so close, it happen so fast, no refs gonna call that especally since Argys dominate run of play.

Also, argys blowed several chanses to, Hinze miss a sitter of a header

We were just outclass today, we just gota do our best keep goal diffrential lo as posssible but we blew it, or better say argys played so good they made us blow it.

6. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    dear argentinians.

I am sorry for all the big-mouthed words i have been spitting out before the game. I actually dreamed - albeit short lived- that korea did stand a chance against argentina.

As it turns out, argentina was just too good for Korea. They had too much talent in their team. Only insane amount of luck would have made it possible for Korea to get anything out of this game. Although the first own goal caused the scoreline to be 4-1, Korea never had the chance.

Congratulations on the win, and please do us a favor and beat Greece.

7. hbl33

hbl33 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Great play by Argies; I was all stressed upon hearing that SK got pwned by 3 goal difference! Whats worse is that Park Chu Young, Yum Kihun [and Jung Sungryong just blew up his goalkeeping role!] didn't took their roles very seriously.

If I was Huh, I'd keep Chu Young at least half of a round against Nigeria, just to avoid another tragedy we had in this match. I may be biased, but lately he's been blowing quite a bit since a match against Spain. Close to couple of shots against Spain's goal, missed so damn much!

Best of luck for Greece and Nigeria! And of course, dae-han-min-guk!

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No worries, it's cool.

Anyway, i'm somewhat surprised certain lack of awareness of professional footballers these days. I have seen Agüero playing for many years now, he became professional at the age of 15, and he always does exactly the same dribbling trick on the corner of the box, normally more effective when done on the left side, today it almost resulted on Argentina's fifth goal, but this isn't to blame the korean player, after all he isn't the first one, and more likely not the last one to fall for it.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah his cut is his signature move. But what can a defender do, run and look backwards, to be honest Kun can finish with both feet so the defender got twisted around with that move. He scored on that move vs Canada, and came close again. Kun is a super-sub. He was sensational for the short time he played. Perfect sub for Carlitos.

10. pinzon

pinzon New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Yes, Aguero is good enough to know if the defender is trailing and finish with his left or make the 2nd cut and finish with his right. Vice versa from the other side. Aguero is far more dangerous on counters than Tevez.

Actually here's a video of him demonstrating exactly this technique.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbroxNSH2EY&feature=PlayList&p=533470F33342DF74&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=30"]YouTube- Nike Elite Series: The Agüero Bait & Switch[/ame]

11. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So the goal is less valid? What set of rules do you follow again?

12. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Incredible performance by Argentina!! Messi, Tevez, Mascherano, Heinze, DiMaria and Aguero were fantastic. Higuain sucked, but at least he scored three goals. Not happy with Maxi's performance, nor Demichelis.

13. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    North Korea would've done noticeably better against Argentina! :p

14. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    except in canada, where he sometimes played like a SS

15. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    to say higuain sucked is really, really harsh and unfair. he wasn't great but he got three goals, which is all that counts. thats the sign of a true goal poacher.

for example, i can never remember crespo having many great games the way messi does, but he scored a hell of a lot of goals. higuain is going to be the crespo of this generation

16. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Korea is not Argentina, and when less talented teams take on giants, they have to be perfect defensively and offensively.

Korea obviously failed on that regard since they scored an OG and missed a great chance to tie the game.

Vastly outmatched teams like North Korea and Switzerland took 100% of the chances they had, as well as playing well defensively. South Korea couldn't do that, which is why they lost.

17. prostock

prostock Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    if u visit the korean forum they actually thought korea could win. i said we are going to lose by 3 goals, which we did, and they got angry at me calling me a pessimist. LOL. I laughed at them. after the game they refused to give me credit were credit is due because of the fact they were so angry and emotion we lost to a world class team.

ROFLMAO

am not angry we lost. look at ur team and look at ours. we should lose.

is it wrong to hope for a miracle? no. is it wrong to get angry if that miracle doesnt come? yes.

the majority of the korean posters live in a bubble and refuse to admit this.

18. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why do they have to give you credit? I wouldn't do that either. I hate the "I told you. I am right and you are wrong lol" attitude. If your prediction is right, good for you. Don't need to ridicule the others because it does not make you a genius.

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Most of the Korean posters that came in here were pretty realistic but still optimistic which I thought was fair. Of course if you look at how brutally inconsistent we've been for over a year I don't think they were out of line to think they could pull of the upset.

20. prostock

prostock Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i dont think they were out of line to wish for a upset. but is it out of line to get angry if that upset doesnt come? yes i think so

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fair enough but how about we don't vent about that in this thread? That stuff should be handled in the Korea forums if at all. Take the high road.

22. prostock

prostock Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    haha it was already vented out yesterday.

Anyways argentina outplayed us in every department.

am not going to lie when PCY got that own goal was overly disappointed. i mean i expected u guys to score but i didnt expect our own striker to put it in our own net i think that destroyed our spirit

23. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    To continue to bring this up is immature of you. There is a difference between thinking we have a chance and trash talking. The majority felt good going into the match and thought we could draw or even pip the match.

There were a small handful of posters who signed up in 'June 2010' that you've never heard of and based on their posts had no clue about football, talk shit.

Your wanting to be patted on the back isn't going to happen. The better team showed their class and the vast, vast majority of Argentine supporters on BS showed their class by not rubbing it in our face. Show the same maturity and class Prostock.

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Either take it to PM's or drop it please:)

25. pinzon

pinzon New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Wasn't really the player's fault. Micho was blocking his sight of the ball and there wasn't enough time to react.