Argentina vs. Germany (World Cup 2006) [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 24, 2006.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How do you guys see the team for the match vs. Germany?? It will be a really complicated match, but I think we are capable of winning..

2. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Yep. This is the quarter-finals. Every game will be complicated. I would love to see Tevez starting. That is all.

3. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're also very confident so this should be quite a match.

Probably the most difficult we've had in years. If we're going to win on home soil we'll have to go through the best teams.

If you guys start Tevez, Saviola will be left out correct?

I'm guessing Scaloni won't start this game either.

4. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Its going to be a rough game,don't really think it will be a physical game which it can easily be but the germans are playing a very offensive futbol.Never seen before by the germans which this means it can be an open game.What we HAVE TO BE REAL CAREFUL is that the germans can shot really good from outside the box so our midfielders have to be very careful making sure the germans don't win their backs.I was watching the germany-sweden game and Ballack had like 10 shots on gol,either the keeper took em out or they passed real close.

This time I want to see someone that can relate with Riquelme either its Messi or Aimar.Aswell have Tevez start along with Crespo since the germans are tall and I think Saviola could be better coming off the bench if needed to.Game is next friday,meanning no Scaloni in the starting line up.

5. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    --------crespo
    tevez-----------messi
    -------riquelme

that's all I ask

6. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Bue! Local y joven y con carrera. Pero esto no se cuelgan de el arco estos attackan..que quiere dicir un partido mas abierto...y alomejor mas riesgo. Ahi que pegalos pronto y rapido, marcar primero pensalo llover goales. Toca lo y pegar....claro son mas joven y mas neviorsos la localia puede jugar le en contra..por presion estos se puede ser hermanos.....estamos lejos toda via y que hacerlo ala perfection.....aguante argentina

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    That's what I wanna see also. I think Germany's defense can be exploited on the wings especially with players like Lahm going up so much. Their CB's didn't look too stable against Costa Rica but they have gotten better. Messi and Tevez should be the ones out there running at those defenders.

8. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    uff! que dificil partido!

ze germans are playing amazin futbol at the moment, there is NO denying this. they are a major threat for taking it all the way, but, if anyone can do it, i think ustedes los argenTInos can;)

i think messi has to start. he is fit, and argentina will need him on the pitch in case roman has an off day. this way, pekerman no tiene que gastar una substitution.

9. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Guys we need 2 center midfielders against the germans cause the only thing they do is shot!i would say Lucho and Mascherano up front should be Riquelme, Maxi, Crespo, Palacio Or Tevez and if ur thinking of scoring i would say Palacio! Saviola shouldnt start Burdisso Or Coloccini should start although i prefer Cufre! and i really think riquelme shouldnt shut down the fast breaks that we get!! because usually teams score from fast breaks except for Argentina because our play maker is too damn slow!

10. sohka88

sohka88 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Palacio??? Why? Tevez or Saciola are much better.

11. Iplayedforchelsea

Iplayedforchelsea New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Athens, GA USA
    Wow, what a soccer game yesterday! Congrats Argentina!

Best of luck against Germany! The Germans look really sharp, but I think Argentina can beat them.

And I hope they do.

12. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for the congrats.

Anyways I think this game will certainly be difficult but not impossible if we can keep our composure and heads in the game. What mexico fed on is that they had nothing to loose, no fear, and a latin style of play not to diffirent in technical style as ours. Someone made the point that we need to close down long range opportunities early and i concur with that, but at the same time the germans have found a dangerous dou in Podolski and Klose and all routes must be kept tight and closed to these guys. I think we will have more time on the ball with germany than we did against mexico and that in itself could make this match winnable. However, composure is the key as we argies know it is often easier said than done because we tend to be quite passionate peoples and can get carried away at crucial moments.;)

13. smd9

smd9 Guest

if we play as bad as we played against Mexico then we can say bye bye world cup, god i hope i'm wrong and i hope we play to our potential.:(

14. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    u guys have faith in Argentina or no? i dont care if its Scaloni or Passarella playing its Argentina thats what i give a shit about and trust me we can take on the germans the team just needs to focus its hard because every match is hard its a world cup they have a good squad and on home soil but we have some good players that can get the job done so dont say i hope and hope and hope hey! were gonna win this ok so be positive cause we all know what our boys are capable of

15. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Faith in our team yes,faith in Scaloni hell no.Sorry but we have to play our best and theres no tomorrow if we loose.If we loose with our best on the field then thats it no excuses.I wonder what peker has on his mind but im sure he will come out with a good game plan.We got this far and the team knows they can reach the finals with a win over the germans.

16. hoyi22

hoyi22 New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    In my opinion, Pekerman is a excellent coach in Argentina. He brings a very good atmosphere to whole team. You can see all the Argentina's players round him up and listened to his words after 90 min against Mexico.

Why Greece won the European Soccer Cup 2004 even there were no stars in the team? Because soccer is not a personal games. It is not fair to say which players should start and which players should not. I think the best players should follow the strategy of the coach but not just show off himself in the match and just want to make his own goal.

Trust Pekerman, he will bring a successful road to the world cup champion!

17. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

im just hopping that successful road doesnt lead to a 4-1 loss like last yr! not just that but were gonna be playing the Germans in the same Field we lost 4-1 on last yr

18. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    those of you asking for messi, crespo, tevez and roman in the starting line-up are speaking with your heart, not your head.

with four at the back, that leaves room for only two more midfielders, maxi and masche, therefore we would get outnumbered in central midfield because romy doesn't give us any defensive solidity at all, and maxi doesn't play in the centre.

playing that 'awesome foursome' only works if you leave maxi out, and play two central midfielders, but maxi is staying in the team, rightly so.

therefore it should be two up front, not three.

if lucho is fit, he is the ideal man, if not then it becomes an interesting question between cuchu and aimar.

i would be happy if either tevez or messi started alongside crespo instead of saviola, but we must remember saviola has had a great tournament, he just couldn't get into the game against mexico but it's likely peker will give him another chance.

my team:

pato
    burdisso
    sorin
    ayala
    heinze
    masche
    lucho
    romy
    crespo
    messi
    maxi

19. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    I think Pekerman will do what needs to be done to win.
    i am nervouse as hell, i really wish it was match day already im a wreck:confused: buy in my heart i know Argentina will play at the level they need to play to win.
    just like the last game, they did what it took to win and i think that going through the stronger teams will help them in the long run.
    brazil or England can glide to the semi's Argentina will have to battle but i think it will build their confidence

20. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    we have 50% chance to win this game, therefore if we miss the opportunities to score goals as we did against Mexico, we are not going to win it. Germans are playing very well, but they haven't met better team yet, so it will be completly different game for them too. I think we must stick to our plan and i think Saviola should start before Messi or Tevez, but if it's not working then Pekerman must bring either of them no later than 60 mins.

This tournament is looking more and more like the confederations cup to me. man there is so much similar happening. In confederation cup we played or first game against the african game, we played very good 2nd game and scored one of the best goal of whole tournament, and that goal was team goal, and quite supprisingly it was our second goal of the match. then in third game we had tougher opponent, and even though we played better than our opponent we drew the game. then came knock out stage and it was against Mexico, Mexico score first, then we scored and we won in Penalties after playing extra time. then after we played Mexico we were thrashed by the better side, i hope this last thing don't repeats now. In confederations cup people were saying that we are playing the best football and we are going to win it, this time again it is the same case. man i hope this is me only bringing up things and nothing serious. but onething is sure till now, we play very good in Group matches but our game level decreases as we start playing knock out stages.

i hope Every player take this in mind and play the best game ever played, we need it. Roman must play more better than he is playing now, Heinze must play better, Burdisso must return, Masche and Lucho/Cuchu must work together very hard, Crespo must be very effective, Saviola must play the way he did in our first 2 matches, Pekerman must bring in Tevez and Messi before it is too late. if this all things works out then we are going to win it.

21. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think the relax, practice game we played against Holland really hurt us.. look what happened to the Dutch!! What worries most is Crespo and saviola not making those two goals against mexico.. we need to be 100% accurate or we will lose.. We can't afford not to bury the opponent when the precise moments appear..Scaloni is awful.. let him sit the bench..

22. PWND!

PWND! New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    This would be the best formation.

ABBONDANZIERI

Milito Heinz
    Ayala
    Sorin
    Mascherano

Rodriguez
    Riquelme

Tevez
    Messi
    Crespo

Something like that, got to go Italy VS Aus is going to start!:D

23. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Argentina WILL BE screwed for the sole reason that they are playing Germany. Germany is the host, they're fixed to the finals to meet the Brazilians. I don't know how all of you could be so optimistic judging from the way officiating has been going on this WC (Aussies vs. ITA, UKR vs. Tunisia.) I will feel sorry if Argentina is knocked out due to some match-fixing going on, but I've lost faith in the dignity of the referees and FIFA.

24. edu85

edu85 New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Thatd be a horrible formation..theres only 10 players!
    hehe
    I think the formation up to now is the best combination of players.
    Like Batistuta said Argentina's strenght is the depth of the bench.
    I would like to see a lot more of Aimar and Tevez for the Germany game tho.
    Germany is going to come out and try to score from the beginning..this will just open up the match and Argentina needs somebody that can control the ball and hold it like Tevez up front.

25. soccerocean

soccerocean New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    USA

I think there may be some justification to this line of thinking. The way you overcome it is by scoring goals and giving yourself a margin. Therefore, when Argentina gets another valid goal disallowed, or Germany gets a phantom PK called in their favor, there is still a cushion to offset it. Yes, I know, easier said than done, but Argentina has the firepower to score several times on Germany.