Argentina vs. Germany (Quarter Finals) - July 3, 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futbol_Jonz

futbol_Jonz Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Toronto
    can't believe people are still talking about this... he should have done this, he should have brought zannetti and cuchu, perkerman should be this, NO,
    PLEASE CLOSE THIS! its over...

2. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    He is a very good friend to and admirer of both Zanetti and Cambiasso.

A teamate of Magnificent Milito and the rock Samuel.

Also, teamates with Julio Cesar, Lucio and Maicon.

So he's got to be thinking - "How does this idiot not take Zanetti and Cambiasso, and then for stupid reasons, barely use Milito, and of all people given the obvious defensive fraility, the consummate CB Samuel? Champion performers i see playing every day of the season?"

If that's his inquiry, I can only draw the same conclusions he does.

Of all people, he must be wondering how on Earth can you NOT call Cambiasso, yet summon Bolatti from the Fiorentina BENCH?

This whole thing is killing me. Ridculous.

Think Messi is rethinking his decision to play for Argentina instead of Spain? I've been wondering that since Euro '08.

3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    So futbol_Jonz, were you at the parade, waiving your flag, welcomingh home the heroes, chanting for Diego to stay?

Is that what you think we should all have done, acquiesce to this sh1t performance?

4. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
  5. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Agree with everything you said, but for the writing being on the wall in hindsight.

The moment Grondona appointed Maradona, 99.9% of the Argentine posters knew this would end badly.

The only reason the disappointment was tempered initially was due to an impressive display in the group stage. We all were lulled into the false hope that the tactial nous was there.

It was always inevitable that a game like thta against Germany would occur.

6. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, not only. Remember we played a very decent game against Germany in February. This was also one of the reasons we started believing the team was building up.

7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    well said - even most people convinced themselves that the 1-0 friendly victory over germany was a sign of a positive future, which had me really confused and i mentioned that on several occassions.

i would put the word "impressive" in quotes. argentina should beat nigeria, greece and south korea 8 times out 10 - even after the south korea game which i saw in person didn't have me fully convinced they would get past the QF's...

well i guess i'm guilty of it too - any time colombia wins a friendly game i somehow find a way to convince myself that it's the start of a new trend of getting back on the winning track - haha

8. futbol_Jonz

futbol_Jonz Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Toronto
    yyou can' cry all you want about x player not being there and diego being the worst coach ever and you would have played this formation, blah blah blah... some people in these forums take themselves too seriously and can't believe some think they know more than a man who has been around professional football since the age of 15, won a world cup, finalist in another, and is a hero to not only his nation, but to people all over the world... like i said before, maradona knows the mistakes he made and he'll live with them...
    world cup is over, maradona will probably stay, live with it or wave some other nations flag!

9. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Because anyone who fails to follow like a mindless sheep the nonsensical strategies of Maradona - no fullbacks, no central midfielders except for the holding midfielder who has to LITERALLY defend the second third of the pitch - is taking themselves too seriously? On an internet site, where pure opinions are espoused in 98% of the posts here not made by "Soccerbot?"

10. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Enough with the personal attacks.

11. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    (looking in the mirror)

I feel like Van bommel... miracle that I haven't been carded with all my dirty play!

12. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I learned from one of my cycling forums that it's just best to take the high road and do right instead of being right.

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But not only us, also the media fell on the trap and most of it are beating the dead horse now, like Pasman and Fantino who want their revenge when on Friday Pasman said that Germany was overrated and on Sunday he came in saying "we have to refund the national team". Or other douchebags looking for locker room issues when it was always said that there wasn't any problem. In a way or another the pancakes showed up.

14. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I'd agree that how did Bolatti get in with barely any gametime under Prandelli and being played as a RB for the Viola.

But I was not that disappointed by not seeing Cambiasso, Zanetti or even Diego Milito whose style does not seem to suit us (he didn't suceed in the Copa when Crespo was injured) more by not having Banega or Ansaldi (the latter an essential must seeing as Brazil targetted him in the Copa) or Lisandro who defends from the front like a lion not giving the opposition a moments rest.

Sneijder is getting too big for his boots. The Dutch love giving their opinions on the game but the way FIFA are trying to build him into player of the tournament is a bit rich even to the extent of awarding him Melo's goal.

But you're right most fans did not want Diego appointed in the first place and most want to see him go as well. It was all going to end in tears.

1-6 Bolivia. 1-3 at home to Brazil after which nothing was done again to stop the fear induced by a high ball aimed at the defence, losing to Chile for the first time in 35 years and to cap it all losing 4-0 in a QF to what is in truth an average side.

No more please.

15. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    why did you quote me in that? Did I write anything offensive? :confused:

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I quoted you:confused: Let me go back and look, because that certainly wasn't my intent.

edit: I in fact quoted the wrong post, my apologies. My guess is that I freaked on the multi-quote function. There was a point as to why I did quote the post I did. I'll revisit it. Good catch and sorry again.

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Immediately after this match I posted that too many fans were taking a very false sense of security from this match. Even though the majority of the players were the same for Germany the inclusion of Ballack in March had Germany playing very differently from what we saw in March. Without Ballack new roles were emerging for the German team so by default they looked bad. To me it was clear that this was more a matter of Germany not being sorted out than Argentina actually getting it together.

18. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I think that anyone that was looking at the situation with their brains, and not their heart, was puzzled at the giddiness from the supposed great things that some here were adamant came out of that game. Quite astonishing really, that people were ready to make such leaps so quickly. There were no logical conclusions really to be drawn from the friendly in March.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So would the German board take it well if I went and congratulated them for their loss? :D

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're a classy bunch over there, don't worry.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Go ahead, they should be happy since this tourney has been a success for them :rolleyes:.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    All the trolls that bombarded this board after the loss certainly weren't classy. But I imagine a lot of them aren't regulars over there.

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I feel Germany's sole reason for participating in the tournament is to take us out. :eek:

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Germany can always get beat. There players do not do jack squat for their squads, but when they put on their national jersey they are different players. This needs to translate to us. Produce world class players but fall short of our goal. What happened to the grat Ozil or Schweinsteiger? They are nothing special, nothing.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So you're classy over there and arrogant classes douches when you(not you per say, them) come here?

Anyways, it ain't my style to do that.

I want to know what all those trolls who were celebrating their final here are thinking now? :D

Ozil could develop into something? Schweinshit can go feck himself.