Argentina vs Germany: Final Match Game Day Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 - Knockout Rounds' started by bungadiri, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *Unwatch thread* just in case i end posting in the wrong thread my excitement...

see you guys after the game *hopefully winning it*

bungadiri and jerrito repped this.
  2. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You should probably hope for a repeat of the 1990 final then, where Germany won a grueling, ugly, and somewhat dirty game over Argentina. But then again, this German squad has no douchey swan divers like Klinsmann and Messi is a saint compared to Maradona, so I don't see that happening.

3. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Best case scenario 2026 in S America so we would hear it until then.
    Like you I kinda want Germany to win because of the close calls of the past. I mean seriously including 2002 they got at least 3rd place while Italy and Spain for example were good in one and they won.

On the other hand I want Messi and Masch to win (ignore the avatar, bet lost) as a Barca fan

4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I guess Materazzi isn't content with just having ruined one World Cup final. :rolleyes:

5. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Keep Zizou away!

jerrito repped this.
  6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I already said as much, MESSI IS THE MAN, Germany is the mannschaft.

KovenDreamer repped this.
  7. junot

junot New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Those who think brazil is the dirtiest . Don’ t even realize that they have been brain washed by all the negative media intending to destroy Brazils reputation and spirit… Brazil did not .brake anybody’s back or anybody’s legs like robben the clown from the netherlands did. His fake diving skills are wellknown even since the 2010 world cup incident. Look it up before you swallow the bs from the media.
    Dont even get me started with germany’s dirty-tricks . But for starters brazil will do a simple tacktical foul that will not give you a skeletal frame disjunction…..
    Germany, on the other hand ; if you come with the ball , they let the ball get by…ok so far and then without chasing the ball they proceed to ram you ,(with no ball near in sight )with a shoulder and elbow hit as if you are breaking a door down after which they then complete the have turn to a full back turn and then raise their hands as if they’ve done nothing wrong. This type of totally illegal blow is ten times more devastating than a simple tactical foul from Brazil and has a meat grinding effect after repeated charges. Of course the fifa ref act like they saw nothing especially on world cup games . On other events ,where there is only a piece of metal alloyed Given and no big money given there is no ref controversy. Just look at the record for there is a reason for everything that happens ,especially . When you have such corruption coming from mr blatter and fifa. The man is crooked to the bone……….some will keep on drinking the kool-aid. And don’t even know it.(translation a totally artificial product………cheers to the other that are more selective………

starbuk repped this.
  8. Klose_fan

Klose_fan Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Florida, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't get started fast enough. Hope Germany scores early, get over this nail biting waiting.
    Not that that guaranties a win, but it would be a good start!

In a restaurant in Atlanta. Place reached capacity two hours ago. He'll of a tailgate 500 Germans and 1 Arggie. :)

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    You should have called.
    ;)

10. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    when did robben break anyone's legs? when did any dutch player break anyone's legs? not even in the infamous 2010 final did they break anyone's legs. your team was disgraceful this tournament fouling everyone. show some humility and stay quiet. don't even want to know what you guys think is a violent foul if you think what brazil did was simple tactical fouling. i do agree that septic bladder and fifa are corrupt garbage.

11. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I stopped reading here.

Look Brazil's reputation wasn't tarnished in the eyes of the world, but this team just wasn't that good. Just doning a yellow Brazil jersey isn't enough to win the Cup, even if you really, really want it and are playing at home. I am guessing Brazil makes a dramatic return in 2018.

12. Klose_fan

Klose_fan Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Florida, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just noticed your city.
    At Der Biergarten

13. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  14. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good luck Germany, hope you guys can make Maradona choke on his words again like in 2010.

KovenDreamer and balla repped this.
  15. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I'm the guy in Oranje yelling HUP!

16. Paul Quack

Paul Quack Member

May 3, 2009
    Club:
    Northampton Town FC
    Let's not bring up Hup again.

jerrito repped this.
  17. junot

junot New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Just look at the game against mexico

18. Klose_fan

Klose_fan Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Florida, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klose shirt of course :)

19. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah robben got fouled. no one told marquez to stick his leg out like an idiot. even if you think it wasn't a foul, marquez is still an idiot for sticking his leg out. a veteran like him should know better than to do that. he's got to know that the refs are likely going to call something. no legs got broken. are you sure you watched the right game?

20. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    HUP! HUP. Hup, hup... never mind.

And I treated young Paul Quack as I would a son. The British heart is hard.

21. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Boa sorte hermanos. Get it done.

mistert06 repped this.
  22. Paul Quack

Paul Quack Member

May 3, 2009
    Club:
    Northampton Town FC
    Your response was character building for me. I thank you. Anyway come on Germany!!!

jerrito and VFish repped this.
  23. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    C'mon Germany.

24. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Let's get ready to tumble! And roll, an play act...

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    A German win would be a victory for football.

magisterlucius and ThreeStars repped this.