Are you supporting FCNY?

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by lfcli30, Apr 5, 2011.

1. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They play at St. Johns...so are you supporting the local side?

2. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Cool idea trolling here man. You're a class act.

2. We have many local sides under MLS level, so what do you suggest we do? We have 3 PDL teams in the area, now a USL- Pro team which is 3rd division.

We have always supported our "local" sides, but ( the Borough Boys) mission statement is bringing professional soccer to NYC, which translates to MLS or NASL ( previously USL-1) Because frankly, anything lower is hardly professional.

3. The Borough Boys have no official stance on FCNY. We tried to work with them along time ago, and they treated us like sh*t so we split.
    Now after almost 2 years after their announcement, they do the right thing and decide to play in Queens, however doing so in a lower league than they were supposed to play in.

In short, we are working with the Cosmos closely right now and our goal is to get NYC into MLS. Though many of our supporters will be checking out games at Belson.

I await your retort in which you get let us know who we should support and why. :rolleyes:

3. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I will.. In fact I've gone and bought season tickets..

So you can go back under your bridge trollboy.

4. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Straphanger hard boy. Hey are you the guy on that facebook video speaking really fast?

5. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Troll? One of my good friends from high school (Karsten Smith) is the starting center back. It was a legitimate question, since I will be attending a good few of their matches.

Touchy aren't we? Legitimate question. Now jog on.

6. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    forgive us..but if we go back on this threads, you personally have given us plenty of grief. If I didn't know your personal posting history I would have taken it as a true question from the beginning.
    You can't deny you've given us sh*t in the past.

7. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Jesus kingsy, I was just looking at some of the threads on the MLS general boards, so much hate and so much ignorance about the cosmos.

Ultimately, I'm finding it amusing that every person I have PMed and invited to have an off line conversation about what's really going on declines. People want to throw spitballs behind a veil of anonymity, and not take any responsibility.

You've got "journalists" like Dan Feuerbach who writes about the cosmos. But when he's offered opportunities to ask questions directly, he declines.

And all these other people, they act like such anti-Cosmos tough guys on line, but then they make excuses and don't come to the Cosmos Q&A when they can really lay into them, and when you offer them opportunities for discussion off big soccer, they don't even have the guts to respond to your offer. It's pathetic.

I've offered I think about 10 people an opportunity to talk off the boards, and no one responds.

8. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure if we put together a list of some people we have reached out to on the side to have an offline convo - and not gotten anything back - we would have quite the long list lol

9. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're your local side too..are you supporting them ?

10. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

So you haven't invested as much as much in FCNY as I have.. Like I said troll boy.

11. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    It's a good tactic, and I owe it to you. If someone is being uber critical, and you give them an opportunity to have an offline one on one, and they refuse, then you know who is a full of shit little boy, and who is a man who is interested in Soccer.

12. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. As I mentioned before, my good friend is the starting center back.

13. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    "My friend is the starting center back" and "I will be going to all the games" are not the same thing. Is that not clear to you.

Also, if he's injured or otherwise benched, will you not go to games?

14. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to support FCNY financially with a ST purchase and follow the results. I have a 17 game commitment in Jersey and will attend matches when I can.

15. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill be at the games - feel free to reach out to chat off these boards.

16. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Listen, we know you want to jump ship and are looking for an excuse to do so.

When the first FCNY game comes along, we can all pow pow and talk about your incorporation into our ranks.

It's simple and straight forward don't stress the details.

PM anyone of us, to set up a meeting place.

17. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is humorous.

I'm a metrostars fan, not jumping ship. I have no problems supporting a lower league side though, especially when I have a rooting interest in the squad.

18. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so you know St John's is a dry campus, but you can tailgate out in the open with booze. And for St John's games they allow you out at halftime

19. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    How does one support a team that no longer exists,,

20. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's humorous that you would come onto a rival supporters internet meeting spot and fling shit.

It's only logical that you want to meet up to flip the script. We'll make the transition smooth.

It's similar to little boys and girls when they hit each other or make fun of each other, when in reality they like one another.

Woodsy, you said it best, SOCIAL MISFITS! You just can't make this stuff up.

21. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are a very strange person. I don't consider you a rival either.

I asked a question about FCNY, I wasn't here to troll, it was a simple question.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are going to tell me that the last part of your post wasn't meant to troll?

BTW thank you for the strange comment.

23. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is that a trolling comment? I don't see it man. If I had been antagonistic at all, calling you bad fans or some shit like that...I'd see your point. That however, was a completely legitimate question. It wasn't meant to be provoking at all.

You know what? ******** it, delete the thread..clearly gone way off topic at this point.

24. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    IMO, I thought that you were being provocative and trolling. Don't get bent out of shape.

Please don't leave on my account.

25. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a casual soccer fan, sure. I would like to attend a game when FCNY plays one of the Puerto Rican sides.

As a fair weather fan, If they go deep into the playoffs or get a home match vs an MLS side, I'll go to that game too.

Public transportation to Belson is a b*tch!

Maybe someone from the Goodfellas Supporters Club could give me a lift.