Are you going to LA for the final?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by TEConnor, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Alas, I knew this would happen. It was inevitable.

The year my wife and I decide to have a kid, DC United makes the Cup Final in LA. It's just the way of things I guess.

So, when you're all going bananas over our 4th championship, remember me and my son who paradoxically caused DC to make the Final and prevented me from being there.

:D

2. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Rumor has it that KC will have the honor of being the home team due to their superior regular season record. I would hope that, because they were light blue, United will be able to wear the home blacks.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    We are renting a car. It'll be just over 50 bucks from Saturday at 5:00 until Monday at 2:00. The main reason I was looking for alternatives is that I know I'm gonna get hammered at the party in Hollywood, and I don't want to worry about finding a local designated driver. I didn't realize that LA had such a big Metro rail system until I got some advice in the Gals forum.

4. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

May we refer to him as Captain? :D

Also, I'd love to see them wear the Blacks as well.

5. JPfille

JPfille New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a freshman year college student and I am broke as hell. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the trip to LA.

6. CrystalTipps

CrystalTipps New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Mike, LA's got two different companies that if you get too drunk to drive, you call them and a guy comes to where you are on a scooter, drives you and your car home and then scotters away (it folds down to fit in most backseats). Can't remember the company names, but NYT had an article on them on 10/24....just an option.

7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    It's not a matter of if for me. I KNOW I'm going to be too drunk to drive.

I'll just do the subway thing, but thanks for the idea. It's a good one for people NOT planning to get drunk but do.

8. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

I think one of them is called Autopilots (?) They are based on a company called Designated Drivers, INc. which I think was started in London. Brilliant idea really, not all that expensive either. Unfortunately most people who are too drunk to drive home usually are also too drunk to think "Wow I could use a designated driver to come get me." And probably just drunk enough to steal the scooter and ride around on it......well, at least the folks I know.

9. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    You should really check into the subway/metro before you do it. I don't know the times it runs or if it takes you where you want to go or picks you up where you want to be picked up. A line was just extended up to Pasadena (the gold line) and my fiance and I took it down to chinatown one day just to check it out. The entire ride took about 40 minutes when it is only 10-15 by car.

The red line (I think) goes sort of near hollywood, but it wouldnt be realistic to think you could walk to hollywood blvd from the metro stop. You would need to take a cab or bus. I dont know anything about the long beach area or if the lines stop at midnight.

Really the metro sucks out here. Its nothing compared to ones in east coast cities or even San Francisisco. Most public transportation is done by bus, which may actually work as well for you. I dont know but the bus routes should be listed online somewhere.

10. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    Oh, I think there is a chance of rain this weekend. Its kind of funny how LA drivers cant handle rain. It becomes a big story on the news with the weathermen emphatically telling people to be careful with the rain. Just something amusing to watch if you are out here.

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    OH MAN IS THIS A GREAT OMEN OR WHAT??!!! :)

12. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Red Line subway has three stations on Hollywood Blvd.

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just got a call from a friend who's bringing 6 more. Right now I think we're going to top the 150 mark.

14. Beaker

Beaker Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My one vote actually counts for 3.

15. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nellie has been quoted in a NJ paper as expecting the DC fans to make themselves heard at HDC.

GM

16. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    Wow, I didnt realize it went up there. I knew it followed Wilshire, I didnt know it had a branch point.

Sorry to give bad information.

I guess it also runs until 12:30 AM. Could be late enough.

17. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Count 1 more "beenie-man" aka bro heading your way...

:rolleyes:

~~~Worm~~~

18. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I managed to grab a trip to LA for something work-related and am now going to be able to attend (I'm also bringing a friend).

19. Beaker

Beaker Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides our voices and hands, what can we make noise with? Drumsticks are verboten at the HDC. I'm sure you all have some way around this, and don't tell me we'll be using the inflatable sticks!!

20. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    im not a scalper but i cant make the game so if anyone wants my 2 season seats email me right away at machupicc@yahoo.com

...i look to get rid of them by tomorrow. email only if serious and only for DC fans.

F The WHiz!

21. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Someone took short rubber pipes in last year, since those weren't banned and used them as drumsticks.

22. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Alright, I am just busting out with excitement right now. A friend has just done me a huge favor and got me a very reasonably priced airfare out to LA on Saturday, coming back on Sunday night! Like some others, I gotta be back in the office on Monday, but I don't care, it is sooooooo worth it.

I'll see y'all in LA!!!!!!!! :D

23. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news! Seems like over half of the Nest is going, so far!

24. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even the SE Ticket Goddess will be there (with her left and right feet ready for kissing! ;) )

K

25. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    [​IMG]