Are there any "kinds" of music you HATE?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by yellowbismark, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ronaldo T Willemski

Ronaldo T Willemski New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Brizroy
    M&M
    Sum41
    Avril Lavigne
    Other new age punk rock bands.

You know what i mean

2. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    nu metal, any band (comprised of at least a guitar, bass and drum player) that has a dj. fookin useless

3. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    WHAT?!?!

Reggae is perhaps one of the world's greatest music genres. And I am not talking about just Marley. I mean all roots reggae artists.

If you like Bob Marley you'll like plenty of other artists too.

4. shwantzme

shwantzme Member

Jul 11, 2003
    The Old Dominion
    Country

Not old school stuff like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson....etc.

It's the new stuff that I literally cannot tolerate.

5. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not saying that you feel this way but your post made me think of this.
    I hate this notion that underground rap is the only good stuff and that any rapper that makes it big suddenly sucks. For example I've heard several people talk about how much better Eminem's Infinite is his best album because he was still underground when he put it out, Infinite isn't ******** compared to the Slim Shady LP or Marshal Mathers LP or even the Eminem show. Just because people have heard of an artist or band doesn't mean they suck, ********ers.

Hip-pop is something completely different than what I described though. This includes most radio singles and ******** like the aformentioned Chingy and J-Kwon or whatever his name is. I wouldn't include 50 with these guys though, he put out some popish singles like in da club and that ******** and whatever G unit was but his last solo album still had some pretty gangster tracks.

Personally I prefer early to mid 90s gangsta rap, The Chronic is my favorite album easy.

6. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Anything Ted Cikowski likes ;)

7. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Creed is an institution of "suck" all by themselves. They therefore fall under the category.

8. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    I think generally, the better Hip-Hop artists stay sort of underground nowadays. But in the 90s the best Hip-Hop was more mainstream: De La, Dre, Tribe, early Nas, Wu-Tang, Biggie, etc.

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    1. Rap/Hip-Hop/Urban
    2. modern R&B
    3. smooth jazz
    4. modern country western
    5. teen pop
    6. salsa
    7. gospel
    8. christian rock
    9. blue grass
    10. tejano

10. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Not criticizing at all or anything but were you one of those people who went to the boatload of reaggae concerts form the Israel Vibrations and whatnots in the Anfiteatro Muñoz Marin ?

11. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My favorite radio station (KFJC) plays 4 hours of the stuff on Sundays, so it isn't like I havn't heard it quite a bit. It is a subjective thing, so I am only defending my earnestness in exploring the music, not my musical taste which needs no defending. I'm sure you would hate the stuff I like.

12. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm......Michael Buble. Don't know what genre he's considered. From what I've heard, it seems he only does cover songs like Come Fly With Me, Fever, and some others. Not that he's bad or anything. I think he has a great voice. But if his whole career is based on doing covers of other people's music, then well, ya suck pal.

13. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    http://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm

14. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing about Kenny G is that he sounds good for 6 or 7 seconds, the tone of his sax being pretty clean and the overall orchestration of the piece he is playing in keeping with actual music. Then, after about 8 or 9 seconds one realizes that he isn't creating anything. It's almost exactly like Velveeta or chicken strips: it gives the impression of being food, or a type of food, but in reality it's the most onerous imitation of food, something with a little taste but not "real" taste.

And so, people who are determined to have "music" infiltrate their sensory sphere can crank up their Bose Wave Wanker and play Kenny G discs at 3.2 and have the unique experience of being exposed to the Velveeta of moosick.

---

Now onto something completely different. To those of you fellows who are jocking the "Creed sucks" position, take a moment and explain briefly your aesthetic. What makes that particular band so bad, and what makes another band better. Feel free to mention specific qualities of music in general to support your position.

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    See, I'm still of the belief that Clapton and SRV are third-rate bluesmen. But your point is well taken.

16. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You get repped for summarizing and three page thread into 6 words. Brevity like that should be rewarded.

17. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm a huge Latino music fan. But I can't stand Cuban music.

[​IMG]

18. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    from a music craft perspective, both Clapton and Vaughn are very gifted technicians. Clapton, in particular, is very adept at channelling ( for lack of a better term ) the musician from whose well he dips his ladle most often, Freddie King ( as opposed to Vaughn, who is more an Albert King borrower, i think ).

but to call Clapton third rate is a bit misguided, i think. if you are saying that he isn't particularly original, and that makes him second rate, that's fair( even if i disagree ), but it would be true for most of the second generation blues men, including, to a lesser extent Muddy Waters and the three Kings. beyond TBoneWalker( on the electric guitar ) and Son House and Broonzy and Leadbelly, just to name a few, who are the true originals?

to me the only "modern" bluesman that is clearly superior to Clapton is Buddy Guy, but i think he's the best guitarist ever. i guess that disqualifies me from any consideration.

19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    I would've but unfortunately I live in New Jersey. And that's a very big unfortunately.

21. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Nobody has yet mentioned "New Age", they have whole sections in stores devoted to this "crappy music for lame people." Does anyone know anyone who buys, or listens to this sh!t? BTW, I'm not sure I even really know what it is.

22. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    The ********ing Beatles. I can't think of a band that annoys me more unless Eric Clapton is playing his puissy ass guitar in some other one.

23. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    two birds with one stone. excellent.

i firmly believe that it's best to identify yourself as a complete lunatic early in the game. that way other lunatics will lift you onto their shoulders and carry you on to glory, when you eventually convert the infidels.

24. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm surprised that only one person has listed "new metal." Linkin Park, Hoobastank, Staind, et al. are crimes against humanity. Of course, none of them are as bad as the ringleaders, Limp Bizkit.

How on earth did System of a Down ever get famous? They're the sloppiest musicians ever recorded. Seriously, I've heard tighter garage bands.

25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Look at their fans and you'll know why.