are the college leagues still running?

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by blacks, Nov 23, 2004.

1. blacks

blacks New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    where and when could I watch a good game in the near future?

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Well, today you've got:

Connecticut @ Boston College – 4 p.m. ET
    Boston University @ St. John’s – 4 p.m. ET

Hofstra @ Maryland - 6 p.m. ET
    Tulsa @ Penn State – 6 p.m. ET

Central Florida @ Wake Forest – 7 p.m. ET
    Ohio State @ Notre Dame - 7 p.m. ET
    George Washington @ Virginia Commonwealth – 7 p.m. ET
    College of Charleston @ UNC-Greensboro - 7 p.m. ET
    Duke @ Old Dominion - 7 p.m. ET
    American @ Virginia - 7 p.m. ET
    Michigan @ Indiana – 7 p.m. ET

Northwestern @ Creighton – 8 p.m. ET
    California @ Southern Methodist – 8 p.m. ET

Portland @ New Mexico 9 p.m. ET

Wisconsin-Milwaukee @ UC Santa Barbara – 10 p.m. ET
    Loyola Marymount @ UCLA – 10 p.m. ET

3. blacks

blacks New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    are there going to be any games near the end of november, early december? I'm going to travel from Canada so I want to catch a good game.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    The NCAA Division One Men's Soccer Tournament, of which the above referenced games are a part, will be on-going until the championship match Dec. 12 in Carson, CA.

The third round games are this weekend at the highest-seeded team.

The quarterfinals are the weekend of Dec. 3-5, again at the highest-seeded team.

The College Cup, which are the semis and final, are at the Home Depot Center in Carson Dec. 10 and 12.

Here's a link to the NCAA Tournament brackets. It will be updated so you'll know who is playing and when and where.

http://www.ncaasports.com/images/ncaasports/brackets/d1_msoc_bracket_2004.pdf

The NCAA Division II and III tournaments are also ongoing but the level of play, while better than many think, generally isn't as good as D-I. If you click around on the NCAA's site, you can get some info about those tournaments, as well. They usually end a week or two before the D-I tournament.

5. OnTheSidelines

OnTheSidelines New Member

FYI, the Division III final four will be this weekend in Greensboro, NC. For the men: Messiah/Salisbury and UC Santa Cruz/Geneseo St. For the women: Messiah/Puget Sound and Wheaton (Mass.)/Wheaton (Illinois). Yes, Wheaton will be playing Wheaton, and both Messiah's men and women reached the final four.

Having seen the men's sectional action this weekend in Salisbury (with Salisbury/Johns Hopkins/Richard Stockton/Stevens Tech), you won't be disappointed watching these teams.

6. OnTheSidelines

7. rtiemens

rtiemens Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Virginia
    Does anyone know, if UVA wins tonight against American, where and when would they play next? Thanks!

8. OnTheSidelines

UVA/American winner plays the winner of Portland/New Mexico. If UVA wins, they'd be in Charlottesville either on Nov. 27 or 28.