Are Air-Pump Vuvuzela's ( As seen in the Spain-Portugal Game ) Allowed ?!

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: General' started by puyol, Jun 29, 2010.

1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In the spain - Portugal game and between the halfs i saw an african fan with a vuvuzela supported with an Air-pump ,

he was pumping with his hand to create the sound continuously , i searched for it afterwards and this is the closest image i could find to describe it

[​IMG]

My Question is , is that allowed into games ? i saw someone post the rules for entering the stadium and one section prohibit this sort of equipment , i mean using that they are capabale of creating the noise for the entire 90 Minutes non-stop , shouldnt atleast that be banned :confused:

Note to mods : Got os_mutante approval to post this here just incase :D

2. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a long-running vuvuzela thread that was closed due to length. This one is fine as a replacement.

As to whether a horn like that is allowed in the stadiums, I will only say "what fresh hell is this?" (and leave the rest of you to decide whether I'm quoting Dorothy Parker or William Shakespeare).

3. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    TBH i kinda thought it was abit suspecious for them to make the sound for 90 minutes and was thinking they were taking turns to make it continuously non-stop ,

But i got my doubts after hearing about people tearing something inside thier throat from blowing too hard ( and lets be honest , blowing hard enough to cover the sound of fans cheering requires alot of blowing strength ) and doing it for long periods is just unachievable without some sort of health hazard using pure blowing without any assistance

4. masterklh

masterklh New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Im pretty sure based solely on International outcry about the Vuvuzela's South Africa will never be allowed to host anything ever again. I really hope the South Africans are happy with ruining any shot at ever hosting anything again cause the wont to blow stupid horns non stop every game.

5. Wolfie65

Wolfie65 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    For those suchly inclined: A perfectly fine Vuvuzela can be made from a length of plain old PVC pipe, available at any home improvement store.
    Just sayin......:)

6. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona