Aprils Fool Jokes

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TyphonInc, Apr 1, 2020.

1. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, my Aprils fools prank this morning didn't get the effects I had hoped.

I found my girls awake and snuggling with their momma this morning. We had pleasant conversation for a couple of minutes, then I shared I had some 'bad news.' I said, girls I've been working really hard this morning, but I can't get your computers to power up, I'm just stumped on what to do next." I got an "awww", and a "oh no, I won't get my login bonus." Then a pause and they glanced at each other, and in unison started singing "we don't have school today, we don't have school today!"

My wife had to remind the girls what today was and asked them if they thought this might be a prank. They both giggled and asked if I would leave so they can start planing their own pranks. I'm thinking there will be some more shenanigans today.

POdinCowtown repped this.
  2. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    If Bobby Convey or Mike Mejido want to say hi to your daughters, don't answer.

(Very old school BigSoccer reference)

Kryptonite and POdinCowtown repped this.
  3. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kryptonite repped this.
  4. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here’s one for anyone with kids!

Adjustments.JPG

MLSinSTL and TyphonInc repped this.
  5. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used that one with my kids who quickly pointed out the watermark from the tool used to make the image.

6. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've taught them well to examine the details.

MLSinSTL and TKyle repped this.
  7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought I replied here, but I guess not.

Basically, he had one of about 3-4 "go-to" sites in the very early years of the league. I believe the gag started a few days prior, but it was basically that DC United player Bobby Convey was living with DCU GM Kevin Payne (absolutely 100% true, as Convey was only about 16) and was caught by Payne in bed with the daughters Payne, who were apparently, rather stunning.

Well, his site went down, BigSoccer went down (as it did when more than 10 people were on) and every soccer/MLS blogger was trying to figure out what was going on. At one point, it was rumored that Michael was seen in court, had lawyered up, etc.

Some time in the early afternoon, the gag was revealed.

Needless to say, Kevin Payne was furious.

Also, the comedy in a fan of a rival team having a "Anti-team hate page." Two negatives make it...really negative? :ROFLMAO: