April 30th.....

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Lanesra, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
  2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  3. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    Mine too!

4. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny article, I wonder if the Americans who asked "who are you?" followed up by asking "what's your problem?". As far as the "arrogant, aggressive" new lion crest, i wonder if Mourinho posed for it himself. Pr1ck.

5. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he posed for it, it looks like a lion rather than a jackass. ;)

6. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I checked out the new crest, and i don't know if that thing is a lion, but it appears to be aggressively holding a toilet brush. :D
    Chelsea's new badge

7. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    LOL, classic.

I also loved how Mourinho described the lion as being "arrogant, aggressive and truly powerful. It is proud to be a Chelsea lion..." Apparently, among Jose's many talents is the ability to talk to mascots in crests. He's the Dr. Doolittle of football!

8. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    hes a good manager
    who has a better record than 2 seasons at a club
    winning the league twice, winning the cup once, winning Uefa cup then Champs league..and i like what hes done at Chelsea
    whenever i see him i cant help but smile coz i like his arrogancy
    predicting what day u win is kinda a stupid move and it leaves u open to embarrasment
    but i think its like Wenger saying 2 years ago we go season unbeaten only to lose and then do it next season
    maybe hell do the same with his prediciton
    they kinda look unstoppable
    and as for their defense...they've let in like 4 EPL goals...1 penalty, 3 unstoppable wonder strikes from outside the box

9. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those flowers on the badge, those look pretty aggressive too... :rolleyes:

10. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no doubt he's a good manager, but he does come off as an arrogant jerk and it will be interesting to see how he reacts when Chelsea hit a dry spell as all teams inevitably do. As far as your apparent prediction of an EPL title for Chelski this season or next, Mourinho knows he must win a major title soon or he will find himself shipped out like so many of Chelsea's expensive, high profile signings. The pressure will be enormous an if Mourinho can stand up to it then his self confidence will prove justified. But I still won't like him.