APB on Gersman

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by pwip, Jan 29, 2008.

1. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Sure this thread might be deleted. Just hope he is okay and his work is missed

2. zhosereh

zhosereh New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    I think he sold out.....went to the super duper super elite club of america and will be doing the same type of thing supposedly.

:confused:

3. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    After 5 years he decided it was time to stop draining his families resources and make sure he could help support his kids and give them a future. If that's what you want to call selling out, so be it.:rolleyes:

4. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are you guys talking about?

5. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    The dude who writes topdrawersoccer.com.

Who is arguably the best youth soccer writer in U.S.

6. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PET PEEVE ALERT:
    Use the guy's name. Anyone could do a search and find it out anyway.

Carry on.

7. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's with the coy nonsense?

I googled Robert Ziegler and still don't know what he is doing now.

Someone posts a genuine question and he gets juvenile responses from people who could better have spent their time just giving the information.

8. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Robert posted 2 days of U18 mega camp report and just stopped. I just hope everything is OK.

9. Baron52

Baron52 Member

Apr 29, 2006
    per Gers post on his old site top drawer soccer:

Technical Delays
    by Robert Ziegler 1/12/2008

Nothing has changed. The company as you knew it has ceased, and the new version of this site will soon be appearing at the United States FC and SoccerCapital sites, with coverage of elite youth soccer, Players to watch and other features.

A technical issue on the transfer of my material and the URL means the "switch" won't happen until later in the month. But everything else in the New Beginning article holds true.

Thank you for your patience

The switch should be happening soon....hopefully

10. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Yes and I didn't expect anything till the end of January but he posted reports on the 18th and it seems like he was down there watching games

11. Baron52

Baron52 Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Go to:

http://www.usfcsoccer.com/news/?id=65

Gers first post from the Bradenton camp is up on the site...apparently since he is an employee now the site does not show that he has authored the article. I briefly scanned the site and looks like this is the only entry so far but it is good to see that there is some signs of "life' from Rob on his new site.

Rob...if you are out "there" please let us know what's up...all the best!!

12. Baron52

Baron52 Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Gers is back bigger and better than ever:

TopDrawerSoccer Is Coming Back – Better Than Ever...
    The Online Who's Who of Elite Youth Soccer!

I have some great news about TopDrawerSoccer and how you can keep up with the nation’s top-ranked players.

As you know, TopDrawerSoccer is now a proud part of U.S.F.C. (United States Football Club). With the full resources of U.S.F.C. behind us, we’re ending pro and collegiate coverage to focus exclusively on elite youth soccer. Here’s just a hint of what that means for you:

All-new TopDrawerSoccer.com website
    Starting in March, you’ll find an all-new look with expanded content and features, including a dynamic multimedia section with exclusive game footage and training videos.
    Best, broadest, and deepest coverage of elite youth soccer
    You’ll now get unparalleled coverage of national, regional and local events, commentary on the state of the game, expert tips and training, in-depth profiles and more.
    Exclusive Player Rankings, Profiles, and In-Action Videos
    TopDrawerSoccer.com will be the online Who’s Who of elite youth soccer. We’re building the most comprehensive player rankings and coverage, including the new “National 100 to Watch” list, which ranks America’s top players. You’ll find in-depth player profiles written by U.S.F.C. experts – and video footage of the nation’s top players in action.
    Watch For Your Opportunity to Subscribe and Save

I greatly appreciate the support you’ve shown TopDrawerSoccer over the years. As you can see, I’m working with U.S.F.C. to take our coverage and features to a whole new level. In a few weeks, I’ll send you an email with more details about our expanded coverage – and a special “re-launch” subscription price. This will be a limited-time offer, so please make sure you get the email by adding this address (topdrawersoccer@mail.vresp.com) to your list of accepted addresses. I don’t want you to miss this offer!

I’m excited about keeping you up to date on the nation’s top players. More details soon!

Robert Ziegler
    Director of Communications
    United States Football Club
    TopDrawerSoccer@usfcsoccer.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to forward this email to a friend

U.S.F.C. (United States Football Company)
    444 West Ocean Blvd., Suite 1070
    Long Beach, CA 90802
    Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.