Anyone watching Brazil Champions Cup on FSW

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by SoccerScout, Jul 29, 2002.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Has anyone been watchging the Brazilian Champions Cup on FSW? Its been real exciting with lots of goals as usual in Brazil. This last semifinal Paysandu x Palmeiras was a great game in front of a great crowd. FSW is repeating it so catch it. The Final is coming up this week with 2 games in 3 days, Live on FSW and Brazilian Globo TV International.

The champ gets a spot in next years Copa Libertadores.

2. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Great game, i think Brasil has the best league to watch!

3. Robert Lanza

Robert Lanza Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brazilian Champions Cup

Very entertaining match. Finally some live international soccer before the Euro leagues kick off. The referee's spray painting the free kick spot is a nice touch. How long have they been doing that?

4. argo15

argo15 Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea as well. I'm not sure how long they've been doing it but I did see them use this last season.

5. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    They have been using the spray for a while. And it works!! The players actually obey it. The ref from the last game was the Brazil ref in the WC just in case you didnt notice.
    Game 1 of the final is tonight!

6. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who ever thought Paysandu would get this far into the finals. They could be this year's Sao Caetano.

Speaking of Sao Caetano, I hope they win the Copa Libertadores against Olimpia of Paraguay.

7. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    Oh yeah I've been watching them all. I finally got to see the replay of Paysandu v Palmeiras this morning but I had to leave right after Nene scored the first goal.