Anyone wanna play some indoor soccer?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by OKTerrific, Dec 21, 2005.

1. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys,

There's a place for indoor soccer in Hatboro and I am looking to get a team together. I heard that they run leagues over there, but I don't really have any other details. Maybe if the team is entirely from the message board we can get some Kits out of bigsoccer.com as advertising :)

PM me if you're interested.

2. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    #1) What days would the league be?

#2) Does it matter that my skills are equivalent to that of a u-11 player and my left leg is probably worthless for anything but movement?

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm in this league. If you need on a team, PM me. I play in the coed league FYI.

-Eddie

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I'm not in town too often but if there are any pickup games over the next month or so I'm down for that.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not that I know of but if we get enough people from the boards (and I have some friends that'll play), we can pick a field and a Saturday morning and meet up. Could be fun. Granted I am the worst player ever (though better outdoor than indoor).

6. edogg

edogg Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I am not that great, but I would be interested...Let me know more details

7. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    I'd be down with playing some games on the weekends and I might be able to drag my friend along too. I'm not great (i'd be passable at least) and I don't know how far my smoker friend can run without passing out but we would at least add to the body count.

8. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm definately in, gotta dust off the old keeper gloves :)

9. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played a little low-level pickup soccer until Thanksgiving weekend out in the big park. If/when that starts up again I'll let everyone know.

I'm also interested in other pick up games. I played a little futsal when I lived in Wisconsin. I've got a futsal ball and would love to play it during the winter months. You need a basketball court-sized space. Some heavy construction-style traffic cones make good goals.

And if anyone starts an outdoor league in the Philly area this spring, post it on these boards. Closer than Hatboro would be ideal. I'd be interested.

10. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i believe the place in hatboro has a futsal pitch. If i remember correctly there was a field with boards, which isn't futsal, and then there was one without boards, which obviously IS futsal. Dont know if they play pickup soccer there. That would be cool

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did you get my IM?

Rocket Sport doesn't have futsal or pickup games. They have installed a newer, nicer turf. The field has boards.

12. edogg

edogg Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Are people still interested? Lets get a team and play

13. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm all about putting a team together for the new season, whenever it starts.

edogg, I'm going to drop by the place and get some details and I'll PM you.

14. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's take a little roll call of those of you that would be willing to join an indoor soccer league at Rocket Sports in Hatboro, PA. I want to join the men's open league. Team fee is $725. It's five a side plus a goalie (me)

www.rocketsports.com/hatboro

I am in. (GK)

Looks like we'll have edogg.

EddieBa?

PM me or Just post it here.

Let's make Bigsoccer.com United happen. Maybe we can all order one of those bigsoccer jerseys.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No way on the BigSoccer jerseys...too stupid. Unless Huss wants to donate them as free advertising.

As for the league, the men's open in pretty competitive, you need more than 5 guys and a goalie. Ideally you need 8-10. It's a fast game and you tire out pretty fast.

I can't play this season I don't think. It's my last semester and it should be a tough one. I don't want to commit full-time to a team only to play 3 games or less. It wouldn't be fair.

16. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

lol, now that you mention it... i agree.