Anyone see this Jozy Article?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Rooney20, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very Interesting stuff.

When asked if a layover, in say, the English second division might make sense -- something to bridge the considerable competitive gap between the United States and top-flight leagues like the Premiership or Spain's La Liga -- Altidore demurs.
    "I think I'd rather stay here than do that," Altidore said.

2. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    I love jozy hes is THE KING OF NEW YORK AND JORZEYYYYY

3. Jim Andreano

Jim Andreano New Member

Apr 28, 2000
    Considering that the English second division is actually the fourth division, I can see why Jozy would want no part of it.

But I can't see him turning down an offer to play in the Championship at age 18.

4. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    i would turn down championship if i had a decision.... mls is better then championship even the english manager said it

5. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could go to a championship side that could/would be promoted at the end of the season

6. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    not worth it still

7. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea I hope so.............................

8. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

No. The title of the English second division is the Championship, just as the USL First Division is the title of the American second division.

This is not news because even if the Championship is slightly better than MLS (which I don't agree with), it's not significantly that much better that it's worth the jump. It's not news but ABC News wouldn't easily know something like that.

We really should be clamoring for really good players in MLS saying that it's not worth the jump to go from MLS to the Premiership or La Liga or etc. Because, if you don't know it by now, I'm getting really sick and tired of talking about players like Jozy in the manner that says "Wow, he's really good! But we don't deserve to have good players on our team, so he should play on a better team in Europe!"

9. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    R.S. great post love it.... i feel the same way we should keep our american players here

i think garber should have a A.P.R. (american player rule) that any american that wants to get payed DP money can and only 200k of that money will be counted on the salery just like the DP rule same for canadians too because of Toronto.... or even better a C.P.R. (confederation player rule) any one in concacaf can get payed DP money and it would only count on the salery as 200k

so there for our american players can stay and make this league great.... of have the C.P.R. in place and we can keep the american players and have the best in the confederation and have the best clubs in the region

thats how this league would progress a lot faster and be a lot mopre competitive

10. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stoke City FC! :D Currently fifth in the CCC and on the up.

Seriously: could he get an English work permit on the strength of his junior national team appearances? I know that at the senior level one has to have appeared in a certain % of one's national team's matches; I don't know if the same applies to the lower age levels.

12. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    T of TH why are we talking about this we dont want jozy to leave.... so there is no point of talking about this

13. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    i agree with some points of view.

first of all i am tired of everyone slobbering over Jozy (except RBNY fans)..just feel like he is ours and all that "poster boy" talk will get into his head..i like humble Jozy, i tend to lose respect for prima-donnas the likes of Freddy Adu and what not.

second, I and everyone else here wants Jozy to stay at RB as much as possible, but lets not be selfish. If Jozy is to improve as a person and as a player, there is nothing like going overseas and playing for some top European clubs (as painful as it is to say it). The kid really deserves it, more so than anyone else and I'd rather we let him go if he "wants" to, then ruin his career with some rule that will keep him chained to the MLS.

I hope Jozy doesnt play for money and I really dont think he does. If thats the case no amount of DP money will keep him here. If he wants to go, he should go.

I wish him the best of luck.

14. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Or else what? Mommy will send us to bed without supper?

There's nothing wrong with advocating for the things we want. In fact, that's what we as fans are supposed to be doing.

If you are a supporter of a team, your first loyalty is to the team, not to any individual or their desires. Supporters of the big European clubs get that; for some reason MLS fans want to be more philosophical, an attitude that really needs to be done away with if people really do want to see a more dedicated and more passionate fanbase in MLS.

15. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    yes and a league that everyone considers a low class league, because the quality of play is poor. good way to spread american soccer and develop, by not allowing our players to play at a higher level.

look, i never said i didnt want Jozy to stay with the club. You dont need to question my loyalty for the club and frankly i find that slightly insulting.

you see players leaving clubs all the time to go to other clubs and experience new things..why does MLS need a special rule that locks American players in MLS??

16. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I don't see it that way, and I am tired of people who are trying to marginalize those of us who disagree with your assessment.

American soccer isn't developing that way. MLS doesn't benefit long term. And even if neither is true, this is not the way to grow a fanbase.

If you wish to interpret what I said in the extreme or take what I said personally, well, the language I provided allows for that, I guess. But friends are honest with each other, I've always found.

I stand by what I said, that I find it absolutely ridiculous that a fan of any team can envision pushing away a player from that team "for his own benefit."

Am I asking for a special rule? I'm double-checking my posts in this thread to make sure.

Whether or not a special rule is necessary, all I know is that if you support a team, you should be hostile to anything that threatens the success or reputation of that team. This concept, in my experience, is not unique to MLS. I've seen it in every other sport and every other league. Why should MLS and its supporters be different?

Enough with the philosophy already. It's so politically correct and non-judgmental, sometimes I don't know what NY fans are for and what they're not for. Enough.

17. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spoken like a true bachelor. :rolleyes: :D

18. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    Roehl made me cry :'(

19. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Rick Blaine ended up a bachelor at the end of the movie, you know. Not that I'm making comparisons...

20. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what do you think of Bruce placing him in left midfiled....

THat bothers me more than thinking of whether he should go, or stay.....

And Bruce himself in the article states the whole "take it easy with him" approach.. Agree to a point, but a young striker should come along slowly by actually playing closer to goal....damn Bruce...

21. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Honestly, I think that was more to keep Angel as the only viable target man up front to get the best shot at the scoring title. As much as I love Wolyniec...

22. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    That might be the move that wins us the championship. They have to get Doe Angel Altidore Richards all on the field at the same time if we can have a chance. It's not going ot ruin Altidore, they used to do the same with Theiry Henry. NYRB have to LM, so they have to do this.

23. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe next year, but to win the Cup this yr we need Jozy up top along side Angel

24. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    Agree to disagree.

25. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monaco is one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in the World. Not exactly the same as the Championship.