Anyone recieved yes/no tickets email from US Soccer?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by DGNB, Dec 30, 2005.

1. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Went with Fedex after trying to fax all day. conf # 81xx.

at 5:37am this morning got a note that I got 4 tix to the round of 16, but did not get any of the first round games(applied for all three US).

I am assuming that I can apply for the fifa third stage without messing up what I have. If anyone knows for sure, please post.

2. geoduck06

geoduck06 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Washington
    I was alloted tickets and my card hasn't been charged yet. The email I got specifically stated that my card "will have already been charged".

It is obvious that they didn't have the fax capacity to deal with the demand and now I'm sure they didn't have the manpower either. Poor planning but as the president would say, they are, "doin' a heck of a job down there." But I doubt think the problem at US Soccer is cronyism.

For those who haven't heard, I hope your anguish ends soon. Have you tried emailing tickets@ussoccer.org? Couldn't hurt.

3. geoduck06

geoduck06 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Washington
    US Soccer ended its sales phase "Jan 14" specifically so people could participate in the final day of the FIFA ticket lottery if they didn't get tickets. Applying to FIFA won't mess you up. Just don't apply for tickets you've been allocated.

4. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    I just hope that those who are waiting all got tickets and USSF figured they could send us e-mails last because we would not have to submit an application to FIFA today. Trying to think positive. I was the one who said that confirms #s did not matter. I spoke with US Soccer a few days after we got our confirm #s and they said they were randomly generated. Who knows what to believe. I will still be going to Germany and will find a way into the games. Good luck to those still waiting.

5. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Geoduck. Since it is the weekend credit card charges usually will not show up until a valid business day. I would not worry about that. But I am sure none of us will rest easy until we have the tickets in our hand.

6. redcladloon

redcladloon New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I'm basically assuming that the longer it goes without me hearing anything (now past noon on Sunday CST), the smaller and smaller my chances are of getting the tickets I applied for. I figure that's a safe and realistic assumption, though not a particularly optimistic one.

A watched pot never boils, however. I'm signing off for a while. Sitting here watching my inbox ain't doing me any good at all.

7. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    People are pissed because this process has been incompetent from the beginning. Their communication has been almost nonexistent.

1) having one fax number was insane. They claim that they didn't anticipate the demand, after assuring everyone that they did estimate a high demand. This was even after the USA - Mexico tickets sold out in 15 minutes.

2) They were extremely non responsive. When it became clear that they could not make their own January 4th deadline, they did exactly zippy to contact everyone who had put in for tickets. In fact, they weren't planning on meeting the January 14th deadline so that people could apply through FIFA until their was such an uproar.

3) This does mean that they had a month and 2 days to fill only about 4,000 seats or so per match. Not too difficult.

4) They didn't send out an email to communicate that they would try to meet a January 14th deadline until January 12th. 8 days after their original deadline.

5) For some people, they didn't even meet that deadline. They are still waiting for notification and the FIFA sale ends in less than 5 hours. US Soccer put this off to the last minute. It should never have come down to the wire like this. A month is a long time to total up only 4,000 tickets. Even with the holidays (and of course some of us normal people actually work during the holidays.)

That is why people are frustrated.

8. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Time to watch some NFL and pray to the soccer gods.

9. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frustrated as hell. Time is running out to apply for the Fifa lottery and I'm still waiting for that promised email that was due half a day ago. Can't wait for the inevitable sorry about the inconvience email I'll get in a few days. :rolleyes:

10. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Yes. They really have to get that e-mail to us a few hours before that midnite CET deadline. It is bad enough everyone had to sit at home and shape their life around this thing the last two days.

11. FulhamRev

FulhamRev Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in!!! My confirmation was in the 8xxx range, and I overnighted my application.

USA vs Czech Republic
    2 -Category IV

USA vs Italy
    2 -Category IV

USA vs Ghana
    2 -Category IV

12. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Congrats. I still have not heard. I tried for category 1. I hope they keep bumping you back in price level if tickets are not available in the category that you choose.

13. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    Still Waiting....guess I Will Watch From The Comfort Of My Home Next Summer....

14. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    We may be lucky if that confirm e-mail comes by that time.

15. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    Good Point! Man, I was planning the trip with a friend of mine who is German and lives in Frankfurt. This just sucks. I hope the USSF learns from this does a better job in 2010 -- perhaps a lottery --(DOH!!). Oh well, at this point I am going to do some other things around the house and if I EVER hear, I will deal with it then. I have sent and email to tickets@ as well as left 2 voicemails -- surprise surprise nobody is working the ticket hotline...nice customer support huh?

Good Luck to you!

16. Montana_Soccer

Montana_Soccer New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Missoula, MT
    I still havn't recieved any emails from US soccer. Should I just give up already?

Man, I'm pissed off at this operation.

17. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    3:50 PM on Sunday and STILL HAVE NOT HEARD EITHER. What a JOKE. USSF should be embarassed. Heads should roll on this one. What a poor job of customer service. Their ticket hotline has not even been updated (LOL), and is not manned today -- got voicemail. Very, very poor.

18. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    4:52 and no e-mail. I cannot fathom this. I will apply to Fifa right now. I have to meet people to watch this Bear-Panthers game and have waited around for two days. I would suggest that anybody waiting do the same. Also e-mail USSF tickets group and tell them that you have to do so. That way they can extricate you from any problems if you actually get a positive e-mail from them. This way FIFA does not believe you have duplicate entries.

19. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Put my entry through to Fifa. Hopefully I get an e-mail from US Soccer at some point saying I got my tix. I will tell them to make sure FIFA does not screw me for double entries. What a disgrace.:mad: :mad:

20. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    Good Luck. I am done trying. Guess I will stay at home or thinking about taking the family to Mexico for several weeks to watch the games down there.

21. Montana_Soccer

Oct 23, 2005
    Missoula, MT
    I just got this off of www.ussoccer.com

Oh well.

22. mdrdsr

mdrdsr New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Frederick, Maryland
    That is unbelievable. So, at 5:59PM I find out...too late to do anything about that. :mad:

23. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    For everyone that didn't get tix, i feel for ya. US Soccer screwed this one in every way conceivable. If youa re still interested and haven't applied through FIFA or msised the FIFA deadline, FIFA's site says they will have a 4th sales phase in February or March sometime of returned tickets for people who can't go, or games that weren't sold out, ie: if their ticket allotments weren't used up, or if a federation didn't use up their tix. Not sure how many there will be, but may be worth the try. Sorrry, i don't have any more details. I honestly can't even find the article right now, so i am doing it off memory. I would just stay posted to FIFA's site. Good Luck.

24. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is just ridiculous. How the hell could I not get tickets despite getting the fax through around 5Pm the first day and yet some fedex apps are getting tickets despite getting there a day later? Seriously have to decide what action to take if I don't get tickets. You can't say first come, first served and then pull this bs.

25. Montana_Soccer

Oct 23, 2005
    Missoula, MT
    The FIFA ticket website says that applications need to be in by midnight. Is that midnight Central European time? If so, then I guess I'm SOL.