Anyone recieved yes/no tickets email from US Soccer?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by DGNB, Dec 30, 2005.

1. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Just wondering if anyone has heard back from US Soccer as to whether or not their ticket requests were accepted or they were put on the waiting list?

2. speedy808

speedy808 Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering the same thing. All I got was a reply stating that they received my application. Nothing since then, though.

I'm guessing since no one else has posted here that confirmations haven't gone out yet.

3. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    US Soccer certainly is cutting it close to their deadline, now that New Year's is over, hopefully we will hear something today.

4. El-Professor

El-Professor New Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Gulf Plains
    Nice to see others as anxious as I.

5. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Hopefully soon, today is the first business day of the new year,

6. SoccerCA

SoccerCA New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    From USSF:

http://www.ussoccer.com/schedule/content.sps?iType=4165&icustompageid=16717

World Cup Ticket Advisory

DEMAND FOR 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP TICKETS EXCEEDS U.S. SOCCER ALLOTMENT

No Public Sale for Tickets to Take Place in United States

CHICAGO (January 5, 2006) – U.S. Soccer announced Thursday that the demand for tickets for the 2006 FIFA World Cup during the ussoccerfan.com pre-sale has exceeded the organization’s ticket allocation and there will be no public sale in the United States for the world’s most popular sporting event.

A public sale had tentatively been scheduled for Friday, January 6 in the event the demand for tickets during the private sale did not exceed U.S. Soccer’s allotment.

Fans are encouraged to continue to check ussoccer.com for further information on how to be put on a public sale waiting list, should the situation change.

SPECIAL NOTE: Ticket orders for fans that participated in the private sale are being processed and applicants will be notified on or before January 14 as to their status. This will enable those applicants who do not receive tickets to participate in the third stage of the FIFA World Cup Ticket sale on line at fifaworldcup.com. For those fans taking part in the ussoccerfan.com pre-sale that will not be receiving tickets from U.S. Soccer’s ticket allotment, they will be placed on the priority waiting list based on when their order was submitted.

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info SOCCERCA!

So the question now becomes, if you did NOT receive tickets from US Soccer, will sending an application into FIFA prior to their deadline cancel out any further options from US Soccer (ie. if you are on the waiting list)??

8. SoccerCA

SoccerCA New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    The way I understand it is that applying with multiple sources will not disqualify you in any way. Things are less clear as to what happens in the unlikely event you "win" tickets for the same game and person(s) from more than one source. :confused:

9. WB04

WB04 New Member

May 5, 2005
    Thanks for the info.

I have a question -

Has anyone applied for tickets using another persons information like a family member information in order to increase their chances of receiving tickets?

In other words you submit a ticket application using your name, passport #, etc. You then submit more applications using family members and or friends information who have no intention of going to the WC thus increasing the number of applications you are submitting.

I read an article in the German magazine Stern several months ago regarding Germans who did this. It actually worked in some cases. Fans got tickets through applications that they submitted using other persons information.

I believe the WC ticketing office understands that people will be trying to purchase tickets via this means. This may account for part of the reason that the WC ticketing office will be opening an internet portal which will allow for the transfer of tickets to other persons especially between family members.

Again, just wondering if anyone has thought about doing this. I personally haven't but the thought has crossed my mind.

Below is a copy of the article that appears on the WC web site regarding this -

OC to open ticket portal for fans
    21 October 2005
    by OC 2006 FIFA World Cup

The 2006 FIFA World Cup™ Organising Committee (OC) is to operate an internet ticket portal to facilitate ownership transfers and reselling of 2006 FIFA World Cup™ match tickets. The online platform, to be run in co-operation with FIFA, is currently scheduled to open on 1 February 2006. The third phase of ticket sales for the 64 matches at the finals runs from 12 December 2005 until 15 January 2006 through www.FIFAworldcup.com.
    "99.9 % of those holding tickets will move heaven and earth to attend World Cup matches in person, but we are nevertheless keeping our promise to offer a service-oriented and unbureaucratic solution for those few who cannot," commented OC senior vice-president Horst R. Schmidt.

The OC portal will offer ticket holders the opportunity of finding potential purchasers by legal means. Tickets may strictly only be offered at face value. "This benefits honest and genuine fans by eliminating inflated prices. The aim is to restrict the black market to the absolute minimum," Schmidt explained. "Another vital factor is to keep sales and transfers open and fair. The internet allows everybody to become involved." Transferring tickets to a specific interested party named in advance by the registered holder will also be possible, especially between family members.

The OC will continue to maintain the strictest security standards, as reflected in ticket personalisation.

More detailed information regarding relevant procedures will be released at a later date.

10. kem0830

kem0830 New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Greenville, NC
    When did you guys send in your tix application? I tried to fax it the day the email was sent out but the line was busy all day and night so I just mailed it. I think when all was said and done it got their on Thurs, 2-3 days later. I'm nervous about this because I already told myself I am going to Germany. Good luck to all!

11. speedy808

speedy808 Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My fax finally went through 9 pm the first night. Of course, I live in Hawaii, so by that time, most everyone on the mainland had gone to sleep.

I wouldn't worry about solidifying plans for Germany. A friend of mine in Berlin says there'll be many public showings in venues across the country. The players may not be in front of you in the flesh, but with tens of thousands expected to view the games on giant screens, those public events sound likely to get every bit as crazy as the genuine article.

I'm going knowing that the World Cup atmosphere extends beyond the games themselves. If you can't get tickets, these public showings really sound like the next best thing.

12. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Speedy! You're from Hawaii too? That's awesome.

I sent in my application the day after Christmas. What are my chances?

13. speedy808

speedy808 Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aloha, ADIKeeper,

I don't know if anyone can accurately estimate anyone's chances at this point. Probably just a few days 'til we find out, though. I hear they exceeded their allocation, so good luck to all!

14. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I got this from US Soccer yesterday.
    At least they have finally learned the word communication, if a little late...

January 12, 2006

Dear U.S. Soccer Fan,

Thank you for your support and patience thus far in the 2006 FIFA World Cup Ticket application process through U.S. Soccer. Demand has far exceeded the number of available tickets after a massive response from ussoccerfan.com members across the United States and throughout the world. We appreciate and understand the level of anticipation inherent in this ticketing process and would like to take this opportunity to advise you on the status of the overall process, as well as provide the time frame for notification of your application’s status.

Phase I – Application Submission and Receipt Confirmation

2006 FIFA World Cup Ticket Applications were accepted by U.S. Soccer beginning Monday, December 12, 2005 up until Wednesday, January 4, 2006. All fans who submitted application forms were sent an e-mail confirming its receipt.

Phase II – Order Form Review and Processing

After confirming receipt of an application, they were reviewed to ensure all required information was included and correct. Once passing the review, the information included on each valid application was entered into our database.

Phase III – Allocation of Tickets and Notification (Current Phase)

Applications are currently being assigned tickets and over the next few days, you will receive one of two possible e-mails.

1 - The first possible e-mail is a confirmation of the fulfillment of your application. The games, number of tickets, and price categories awarded to you will be provided. At the time you receive the e-mail your credit/debit card will have been charged for the amount of tickets allocated to you.

2 - The second possible e-mail is a notification that you are on the U.S. Soccer Priority Waiting List. (Please note: U.S. Soccer has petitioned FIFA for an additional allocation of tickets and should any become available, tickets will be offered to those with highest priority on this list).

ALL FANS WILL BE NOTIFIED ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 14. This is to enable those who do not receive tickets to participate in the third stage of the FIFA sale on January 15.

Phase IV – Confirmation of Personal and Ticket Holder Information

Complete Ticket Holder information will be e-mailed to those who have been allocated tickets for verification before Monday, January 30, 2006.

Phase V – Ticket Delivery

Tickets (for the First Round) and Match-Specific Vouchers (for the Round of 16 and Beyond) will be delivered via UPS (or another secured delivery method) in May when we receive them from FIFA.

Once again, we appreciate your patience throughout this process. We have provided an updated FAQ webpage which answers many of the questions you may have once you receive you’re application’s status over the next couple of days. If you have further questions, e-mail us at tickets@ussoccer.org.

15. geoduck06

geoduck06 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Washington
    My fax order went through Dec 12 at 6:58 pm PST. Got the confirmation email the 13th. Received the above message yesterday. Haven't heard anything since. I've been checking my email compulsively. It's driving me nuts! I'm just anxious. A friend and I already have our air tickets and rented a motorhome. But I want those tickets in my pocket! I guess we won't find out until tomorrow. Do you think this US Soccer ticket allocation is in addition to what the corporate sponsors get? Or is the public getting an even smaller piece of the small pie FIFA alloted? Good luck everybody. Cheers.

16. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I have no idea, but I am as frustrated as you are. It's the 14th. That magical day, so i know I will be checking my email every ten minutes today!!!!!!!

17. geoduck06

geoduck06 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Washington
    I keep checking my credit card account online too for charges.

18. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    World Cup Ticket Orders Top 4.5 Million Associated Press

19. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    Any news from anyone on the tickets yet. It is 4PM and I still have not gotten the e-mail. Talk about sweating it out. Hope to get a positive e-mail soon. Will post everyone when I do.

20. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005

I haven't heard anything either. Could they have made this process any more furstrating??????

21. fbc777

fbc777 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    me niether. i want to know because i want to buy tickets via fifa.com. And the sales phase ends 12 midnight sunday (15th). Does that mean i have until 3pm PST today (sat)?

22. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I have been trying to figure that out. Is the deadline midnight of the 14th? European midnight of the 14th? Midnight or euro midnight of sunday the 15th? If US SOccer would get their G*Damned acts together, we wouldn't need to worry about this!!!!!!!

23. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the concensus on another thread was that it meant 6pm EST (5pm CST) on Sunday Jan-15... not today. I think this was based on the fact that if someone were to walk up and tell you "hey, that stuff is do by midnight Jan-15" you would naturally assume that meant before 11:59pm on the 15th (in European time we are talking 23:59 then).

Having said all that, I am not sure myself, but you can believe that if I get an email confirmation by 4pm today and I don't get tickets, then my ace is applying via internet for the FIFA tix lotto.

Good luck to everyone! I hope we all can celebrate together in Germany!

24. nrang

nrang New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    NY,NY
    I believe that it means Sunday at 3PM PST for those on the West Coast and 6PM EST for the East Coast guys. After all this I better get those tickets.

25. DGNB

DGNB New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    535,000 orders for 4.5 million tickets – these are the provisional figures for the third sales period for 2006 FIFA World Cup™ tickets, which will come to an end at midnight CET on Sunday (15 January).

ok so I answered my own question, I got it from the FIFA website, so we only have till 6pm Sunday here on the east coast of the states. So if anyone has to order from FIFA, please don't put it off to midnight. The deadline is European time.