Anyone reading the Magath interview?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by   , Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    From www.fcb.de

Sounds like a nice guy, he has dispelled any negative thoughts I had of him before the league started.

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Is the second part out yet? They were going to get to the topic of transfers in the second part. Not that it will reveal much. But I just love living off of the words of football professionals. They give my life meaning. Totti and Beckham speak--I must listen.......

.sorry for going cult-ish there, I'm back!!!!!

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Hahahaa I know what you're talking about. I follow the trends of footballers, Totti spits, I spit too... except I got punched in the face.

Yes the second part is out, doesn't reveal much about transfers only that 2 players may possibly leave come summer. I particularly enjoyed what he said about Schweinsteiger and Deisler.

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    :rolleyes:
    Totti the Einstein of football. Yes I put all those concepts (Einstein and Totti) in one sentence. Watch out --it just might explode :eek:

Magath is spot on for Deisler. Sebastian has to relax a bit and hopefully he will regain his form. He needs to stop "thinking" about it and just "be" (become one with the universe- :rolleyes: )

Schweinsteiger???? Can we attribute his see-saw form to youth? More of an attitude adjustment?????

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Well personally I feel Schweinsteiger doesn't have off days, he plays well but then plays poor in the same game; youth could be to blame in that he tries to do too many things like Deisler perhaps.
    What I liked about Magath's praise wasn't that he thinks Schweinsteiger can be the best but the way he motivates him which I think is an excellent skill in motivating players especially young talent.

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    He does doesn't he. how many times have I looked at a ticker and the first 35 minutes are filled with Schweinne comments and then......nothing.

What I respect about Magath is that he seems to have some of the ego of the players somewhat under control. That seems a little unfair as I am sure these guys are professionals, but you have a big squad with a lot of big names and sometimes that can be trouble. I have not heard dissent since Santa Cuz's comments, which was probably just a spur of the moment frustration. Keep thinking TEAM guys!

7. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an excellent article. I really zoomed in on the "Ballack at DM" section... interesting. Magath is brought up some good points and helped the rest of the Bayern Nation understand the complexities of managing a top club after the success of the Hitzfeld years. That is so true about having to adjust to different coaching styles and philosophies. It just doesn't happen overnight.

Felix has proven to be a class act that knows a great deal about his side and the game. His brand of soccer is procisely what Bayern were in need of and I think the marriage of the two will yield many successful terms.

Concerning Bastian... Magath said it best... he is still young. Those "disappearnces" during the tickers are indication of this. An opposing coach may figure out how to close him down and BS just is not "wise" enough to work around that yet. I think the same happens to players who have had long layoffs due to injury... ie Deisler. They revert back to their "youth" so to speak... holding the ball to long, making impatient passes, running too much without a direction, etc.

I would have like to here more about Scholls injury recovery.

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I finally got to rep you for this week. ;)

9. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Magath would be more credible if he would bench a player like Salihamidzic from time to time.

All this "poor form" talk regarding Schweinsteiger (or other players) is pointless as long as one player is not subjected to it (Salihamidzic). What shall the other players think about Hasan`s preferred treatment?

It undermines everything Magath says.

10. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gregoriak... I assume you have been watching the matches for Bayern this season, so I will respect your opinion, but I can't help but wonder how poorly Brazzo is playing in all reality. I mean, as I have mentioned before, he is the only player for the starting team to have played and started every match. That has to be a testiment for something. It also reinforces your point, which is what I see now.

Fact of the matter is, we are all aware that Salihamidzic is not a wing back, but rather a outside mid. Yet, in the absence of a good left back, he has filled in unselfishly and performed well enough to not lose his spot to anyone else.

I wish we could see more games here in the States so I could give you a better opinion, seeing that I am basing this on what I have read and see on the tickers.

11. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    German soccer magazine kicker has a average grade of 4,14 for Salihamidizic (1 is the best, 6 the worst grade), so obviously (?) he is not too good this season. But Magath should know what Brazzo is able to do, because he was the one who started his career, when they both were in Hamburg (mid 90s).

12. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    It seems Magath has no confidence in Rau, that leaves him with Hasan as the only option for LB until Lahm returns.

13. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rau should go when Lahm returns.

14. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AHHH. I did not know this. That would make all the sense in the world.

WEll... perhaps Gregoriak has a point after all... my apologies. Clearly Magath has confidence in him, and it has been said that Magath rewards hard training ethics as well. Brazzo strikes me as that type of player -- one who may not have the skill of others, but makes up for it with his workrate.

Thanks for sharing.

15. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could be a serious problem against Stuttgart next weekend. Brazzo out with a red and Gorlitz not available. Sagnol and Kuffour are the likely options. Even Hargreaves has experience in back under Hitzfeld. Should be a real test for Magath.