Anyone know the math on GoldCup Fifa ranks?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AngelaMerkin, Jul 3, 2009.

1. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    So if we run the table at the Gold Cup, does anyone know the math as to how far we could potentially move up the FIFA rankings table? I know it doesn't mean jack, since we would need a few catastrophes to happen in Euro qualifying to get a seed at the world cup... but it also makes for good press if we move up in the world.

We're 100 points behind France for 9th place, but only about 50 behind Croatia for 10th... could we claw our way back into the superficial top 10??? Sorry, sometimes the superficial things are the most fun...

2. Cujo1126

Cujo1126 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only way we could really advance that far would be to beat BOTH Costa Rica and Mexico (two highest ranked teams in concacaf) in the elimination rounds.

The problem with Mexico sucking is that the USMNT is expected to beat them and even when they do beat them, it doesn't do much to the world rankings.

3. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    probably no one can figure it out how they do this rankings. I wouldn't be concerned with us going up but more with going DOWN> If we lose to lower ranking teams may drop, so i suggest they take this seriously.

4. Counterstrike

Counterstrike New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question as to where we can even watch the gold cup? I checked my ESPN and I can't find it and ESPN360.com hasn't reported that it will be airing any new soccer games in the next 7 days.

5. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    it's on craptacular Fox Soccer Channel... their feed is lower than low definition and announcers are horrific... oh well...

6. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    it's on craptacular Fox Soccer Channel... their feed is lower than low definition and announcers are horrific... oh well...

7. Jwaksman

Jwaksman New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States