Anyone in Crew Union?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Anyone here an active participant in Crew Union? I've got some questions I'd like to PM you.

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Crew Union? What's that?

Oh, the fan club that takes peoples money and does nothing...

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I almost expected this number from you:

*crickets chirping*

But the above reply, I'll accept it. Maybe I'll just PM you my questions.

There has to be at least three members here, Kryptonite I think goes to meeting, Crewzer1308, IIRC, isn't there any other folks?

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Feel free, I know we've had talks about them before...

I've passed along some of your recomendations before but obviously nobody is listening.

5. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I was going to try and help, but got quite a nasty email from their President after I had sent along some suggestions. After that I washed my hands of it. A shame really because had some of the things I mentioned been put into practice it could've been beneficial.

6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've been banned for life.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've only been to one meeting involving Crew Union, and that was the Crew Chiefs meeting where the birth of Crew Union was announced.

I believe I posted it in another thread, but apparently they're trying to get a group together to go to the Chicago match. That's all I know.

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    So right, that means there is only one poster on Big Soccer that goes to their meetings? I have a feeling Fid might have a better shot at answering some questions.

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I can at least get them to the right persons, albeit there are not many. Toss them to me and I'll see what I can find out from some assorted folks I know.

As for Lapper, I doubt he has much time to deal with it. Between coaching with the Crew, the U20's and his other "camp" related Crew-work I don't think he is much but a liason for the lady which runs Crew Union -- who is a non-paid fan basically.

10. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to the Chicago match.. and I'll bet you twenty bucks right now, not a single one of them will be there.

It'll be DC last season, all over again. They said they were going. I said I was making the trip. Who ended up going? Me.

Fan club, my ***.

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    The most recent PM that I sent has some questions in it, for the most part though i'm sure you and I could answer all of them. Just wondered what your thoughts were.

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Probably won't get to answering til tonight, work is slammed right now, but I will.

13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Not a problem.