Anyone else bothered by the food court at HDC

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by flava, Jul 5, 2005.

1. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    I want to know if anybody else had the same experience. I waited in line about 20 minutes before being helped by this older lady who I, frankly, felt sorry about. She was so slooowwww..... I missed a good chunk of the game in the first half. It was terrible. Then my buddy goes to get a beer, a hot dog, and coffee before halftime ended. Well, he did not come back until 10 minutes past second half. That's about 25 minutes waiting in line!!!!! We both were so frustrated with the poor quality of assisstance at HDC--especially at a high caliber game like the one on the 4th of July.

Well, there it is. I just needed to vent my frutration.

2. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not the only one.

Vendors rely on exclusivity in HDC - - not on quality and not on service.

They paid AEG for exclusive rights to sell food/drink there, and once they've paid up, AEG does its part to make sure there's NO COMPETITION on price, food quality, or service. Thus, you have vendors that only rival the prison cafeteria for food service and quality.

Have a look at the bacon-dog vendors that sneak into the parking lot. Have you EVER seen anyone in HDC work that hard? No, and you never ever will.

At least at the Rose Bowl, there was King Taco.

The solution? Don't cast your dollar vote for inferior food and poor service. I always drink in the parking lot before the game, and grab a burger on the way there, and get a bacon dog in the parking lot if the bicycle cops haven't chased them away.

Topper

:D :D :D

3. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    theres nothing right with it. sh*it food, overpriced food and drinks, long waits. the market and el mercado would be out of business if they existed in the real world.

4. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I am being more and more diapointed by the HDC... And to think they could have had somethign great going here!

5. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they hire retards(i mean it) i feel sorry for em that i dont even tell em to hurry up cuz i know they cant

6. Topper

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's nothing wrong with hiring people with developmental problems for jobs that they can handle, but there is something wrong with lines that are 30 people deep because the employees simply cannot keep up the pace.

Frankly, if they want to hire the developmentally disabled, they should put them in top management at HDC, because even a vegetable could make better management decisions than those f00kin' morons.

Hey AEG! [​IMG]

7. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Is anyone NOT bothered by the food court???

8. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    That chicken Baja sausage thing they had a while back is pretty good.

I don't know how there aren't going to be big-ass lines during halftime of a Fourth of July game, though.

9. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    But the thing is the lines weren't that long! They were sssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww

10. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you guys need to go to the club you get great service, great food, little waiting and you can still watch the game when your waiting for your chardoney or food

11. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i arrive early, order food and drinks before the lines get long, build in time for them to be slow, and then make it to my seat fully stocked before the game starts. i then don't get up. it's not worth it. (someone i was with yesterday decided to go for seconds at halftime, and returned empty handed just as the game was re-starting - said it looked like at least another 10-15 minutes and that it wasn't worth it).

i'll certainly give some thought to eating beforehand, but this has worked okay for me. one point, as demonstrated by yesterday's experience, whether they have competition or not, they could sell more if they were faster, as some people simply aren't going to stand in a line that isn't moving when the game is starting. this seems simple enough, but they obviously aren't getting it.

12. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I eat before the game. Cheaper, faster and probably tastier too.

13. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted 2 things at halftime yesterday (well 3, but the bathrooms are fine) - a sweatshirt & a hot drink. Luckily, I didn't really need either one, because there was no chance for either. Did you get a load of the lines at the coffee place? I couldn't see the ends.

They need to do better. For the guy who's emailing about setting up a hot cocoa stand - let us know what response you get!

14. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Get there early - hit up Team LA shop outside, find the hot dog guys or buy inside but before the game :)

15. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    The problem with buying food before the game starts is that, when you are actually hungry, you get to enjoy a cold hot dog. Also your drink might not be as cold as you would like it to be. Honestly, who will nurse a beer throughout the entire game?

16. nrHartman

nrHartman New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    your mom's house
    Hopefully the driver!

17. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    On the west side, I've seen smaller stands selling coffee, along with various sweets such as caramel apples and cheesecake. I haven't seen an equivalent on the east side. Lines are still long, though not as crazy as other lines - and it has to suck waiting to order one coffee behind eighteen people ordering dinner and beer.

I think the service is much better than it was in year one of the HDC. All the more reason to keep complaining, since they do seem to respond.

18. Topper

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone remember the hot cocoa guy at the Rose Bowl? He was this tall kid who looked like he was from Russia or Ukraine, and on cold nights, he would go up and down the isles, cheerfully selling hot cocoa. He wore white pants, the front of which were totally soaked (saturated) with spilled hot cocoa. You could buy a hot cocoa from him for $1.75, or suck on his pants for 25 cents.

19. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I find it hard to complain - I just like the HDC too dang much. We're so lucky, we really are. They could charge $10 bucks a churro and I wouldn't complain.

I also wouldn't buy one.

20. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've got a sh!t coach and a worthless GM, and we're bitching about the food court! Please. I buy season seats to watch a championship team. If I want cheaper food or better service I can go to any McDonalds, not that those ba$tards are getting my money. Try getting to the game early, order your food at 6:30 and stay in your fvcking seat and yell your a$$ off until the end of the game.

Sorry, I'm still pissed about that game last night. I've coached U-10 girls teams that have given better performances than that. BTW, tried the pizza for the first time last night. Not bad with a tall Coke. If they think I'm paying $7+ for a beer they've got another thing coming. I am upset that Chivas Lite gets bacon-wrapped dogs in the house.

21. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh*

To have your problems.... well not Sampson! Just the great SSS

22. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a hamburger, friees, and a beer cost more than a G/A ticket for most teams in the league

23. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    I have been to every stadium (except **********cago's new one; which I will be going 8-13) in the league, and the HDC has the highest prices and the worse service of them all. If I had to pick just one stadium, it would be Cowlumbus; they allow tailgating, have reasonable prices, and support their fans. Would'nt that be nice to have for us?

24. bhlightnr

bhlightnr New Member

Jun 18, 2005
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Speaking of the Rose Bowl, wouldn't that be a better place to have a 4th of July game each year? At least 1 time per year we would get quality service and the vendors we want. They might just get 50K in the old bowl! :rolleyes:

25. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My I introduce Doug Hamilton to the boards.