anyone buy the seinfeld dvd?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by DCunited11, Nov 25, 2004.

1. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    not sure if there is another post just like this, but o well

i guess i am not up-to-date with this, but is it true that seinfeld only had 5 episodes in the first season? b/c i was looking through the dvd's and there are only 5 eps from season 1. o yea, if you havent gotten this dvd, go to best buy, it is on sale for $29.99, you can pick the vol. 1 or 2. the bigger "fan" pack type thingy (salt and pepper, cards, etc.) is $79.99.

2. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    I dont understand why people will get this DVD. Not because I think Seinfeld is a bad show, in fact its one of my favs, but that show is on tv 3 times a day, if not more. Why would you spend money on something you can see everyday?

3. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Half the fun is seeing which one is on!

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good question. I remember that Seinfeld started off as a midseason replacement for NBC, but if I remember correctly, there were more than five episodes that first half-season.

-G

5. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is the exact reason why I refuse to buy the Simpsons DVDs, the show is always on. My firend bought Family Guy before it came back on the air and now he is mad that he did. I do however borrow the Simpsons and Family Guy DVDs from my friends when I want to use them for a class project. With that said the only reason I would buy the Seinfeld DVDs is for the interviews which I missed on TV.

6. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I've had nearly every episode on tape, and I know that I've seen all of the others countless times, but I'd like to see the extras. This'll be on my Netflix queue soon.

7. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That show wasn't funny to me. Guess that means I won't be buying it. :(

8. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Probably get it as a gift. If not, I'll get it myself. Loved that show.

9. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    http://www.epguides.com/seinfeld/

the NBC special Thursday explained it. They did a pilot - 1 show that aired summer of 89. They got an order for 4 shows. It didn't make the 89-90 schedule, so they burned them off during the summer of 90. They then ordered 13 episodes and showed them midseason in Jan 91 to finish off the 90-91 season. 91-92 was the first full season (season 3). The 13 episodes are called season 2. The 4 episodes & pilot are season 1.

I just held off for neg rep'ing anyone who says the show isn't funny. Must accept that's an opinion. Beyond my comprehension though. Not sure I want to live in a world with folks that don't find the show funny!

10. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    I bought it. There's just something about watching a show in order, seeing it unfold. I'm all about it.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I miss the last episode. That is the only season why I would want to buy it.

12. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

I've ordered both DVD's from Amazon.com. Can't wait till I get back to New York and get my hands on them.

13. DCunited11

DCunited11 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    yup, after i watched that, i understood. thanks

14. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I won't be buying this, but I totally understand someone picking up DVD sets of TV shows they love.

Anyone saying they have all or most of them on tape had better have recorded them off network TV when they originally aired. Getting them off syndicated broadcasts may mean having an edited version missing a few minutes for the sake of more commercial time. Not to mention maybe having a murky looking print.