Anyone been this close to becoming a Professional Footballer.

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Mel B, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Wasnt sulking sonna, only stating a FACTOMONDO.

2. ddw31089

ddw31089 New Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Cool. So after Peter Beardsley held up the bus for you then everyone decided to pose for a couple pictures? Just trying to get the sequence and all.

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :D

You'll get him all confused.

4. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Or was it Ray Harford. Gary Gillespie. Mike Newell, i'll have to check my records, and come back to you.

Which board am i lying on this week? Mmmmmmmmmm.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What is "All of them" Alex...

6. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

How do you get pictures up on here please.
    That is all.

7. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I served Peter Beardsley in Manchester city centre's finest fast food outlet a couple of months back. Therefore I AM FAMOUS CLART.

Incidentally - you're a Newk, and they were interested, but you signed for Boro? Yeah. OK.

8. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Made it partway, asked to sign, turned it down due to a torn acl they weren't yet aware of. I think all of you skeptics are the reason why I refuse to discuss details..... actually I think you are all a bunch of asswipes and THAT is why I refuse to discuss it in detail. Suffice it to say that I am thrilled at how far I got, and only a little saddened that I never made it all the way. I have beutiful memories of the time I spent working my way through the ranks, and have relationships with people in the business that mean more to me than "name dropping" could ever describe.

You all, on the other hand, are sureptitiously saddened about the fact that you never made it, never came close to making it, never got within sight of making it, never even saw the bus that was going to "Made It", and failed to qualify for the job of janitor at the bus station where the "Made It" bus occasionally stops. I know many people like you. They were, in fact, the people of my childhood who told me I would never amount to anything in the game, that I just didn't have the talent, or size, or smarts. They said I would never play past my high school days - I did. They said I would never excel in college - I did. They said that I would never make it beyond college ball - I signed my first proffesional contract after my sophomore year. They said what I was doing didn't count because I would never actually play - I started every game for 6 years, 5 of them as captain, for two different clubs. I won numerous team and league awards and was generally thought well of by both team owners.

You know, I guess I should thank all of you people. Without you I might not have enjoyed my pitiful little career so DAMNED much!

Up yours you tossers!

9. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Yeah, I was asked to play for the Sad Makam Bastards aswell. Boro came in first, ******** happens. When your 12, you do not knock back a First Divison Club, even if you didnt support them.

10. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Your ********in right i'am a little upset i didnt make it. 12 years old, the world at my feet, and a ********ing car knocks me dow. Middlesboro under 12's were planning a European Tour that ********ing summer. You'll never know how good i was. Right Winger, danced round the defenders. I am jsut glad i have been in a position. So odnt come on here and say i was shite, ok tosser.

11. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

Back up.... read slowly..... I was talking to your detractors.

Your gene pool runneth a tad shallow.

12. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Doh!

13. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Mel B...

Used to play footy for Middlesboro FC [​IMG]

got mowed down by a 5 seater MPV [​IMG]

cant play no more so i sit on mi settee [​IMG]
    no so bad...

got MTV and BIGSOCCER free!

bought meh tv from argos see [​IMG]

insurance payed up, departure lounge for me..

14. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    muhhhahhaa

15. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    muahahaaa

16. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

750k. Not bad. But its no comparison to being a pro footballer. For my age group, i was the best prospect to come out the North East. Me and this kid called Dean Hannah. Both on Boros books. ********ing ******** happens though. Onwards and upwards. And before everyone whinges on that i'm braggin, read the original post. ' Who else nearly made it ' ffs.

17. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wow. Can I have the details of your Insurance company? Why work for a living when there's people out there who are as stupid as they must be? I mean - that's some insurance company, that will pay a 12-year three-quarters of a million quid in return for the infinitesimally small chance that they may one day have been professional footballers if only they hadn't been hit by a car.

Tell me - is this thread ultimately designed as just a bit of lying practice? Because if it is, we'll all cut you some slack - I doubt there's been a poster on Bigsoccer in its entire history that needs the practice more than you do.

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    As Eric Cantona's sock, I totally believe Mel_B.

19. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Traffic Lights were on Red, for the cars to stop. And this tosser just ploughed into me. True, but that chance was taken away from me. You never know, but if it didnt happen then, what can anyone say would have happened. ******** happens. I'm going to leave it there. Ok.

20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The difference is your sincerity comes over the text. Mel B's just sounds like ****************. I more believe you than him. All his post consisted of was name dropping and not much more. Nothing a little internet research could find.

I don't know who your post is directed at but I hope it's not us giving Mel B a hard time.

21. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For whatever it's worth, I always sucked at soccer. I was baseball player. I didn't need to have much coordination to play catcher. I just had no power and no one wants a single and doubles hitting catcher...

22. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you too.;)

The closeset I got to the big time was when I created a clone of myself on a FIFA video game and brought glory to the great fans of Liverpool... then a horrific memory card accident (my roommate deleted it to make room for his stupid NASCAR season) ruined my pro career. I was so devestated I could not bring myself to create myself again.

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL, we've all had moments like that. I assume this is a college roommate. I once nearly killed a roommate for taping over part of my copy of Showgirls because he wanted to tape that week's "Seinfeld". At the time it seemed ok, now it's replayed about 100x a day on Fox and I am still pissed about having to fork over $15 for the DVD.

I once scored 16 goals with Pavel Nedved of the Canucks in NHL 94 for Genesis, still to this day a record I think will stand forever. God, NHL for Genesis was the greatest game ever. So many guys my age (24-30) have to have the best memories from playing it.

24. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    that is really cool. I hope to be a pro player someday. you should list this in the players forum, along with how you got recognized. It could be a real boost for some players

25. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    You better believe it's directed at you and the others for giving him a hard time. He stated very early on that he was interested in hearing about other people's experiences that were like his. What came across to me was not self-agrandizement, but rather how cool he felt it was to have come so close to so many famous people, and how bad it sucked to not have it all work out like it does in fairy tales.

You all decided to ride him because he was a little TOO enthusiastic about sharing, at least in my estimation. Too enthusiastic not because he is lying, but because he should have known better than to sound excited about sharing any details with you bunch of jackoffs. The moment anyone here wants to talk about their "illustrious carreer", everyone starts from the assumption that they are lying. Why did you not think I was lying........ because I refuse to give details. Details that if I did give, you would immediately start searching the internet for proof that I was making it all up.

Sad

That's what I'm saying........ sad. I for one think Mel b is not lying, simply remembering fondly, and inviting you to remember fondly as well.