Any YANKS IN ARG???

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EL MONO MARIO, Nov 23, 2004.

1. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any yanks in Argentina. I have found none... But maybe someone might know if there are any in reserve teams....

2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I thought there was a youth forward there, last name Flores.

3. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Landon Donovan used to say that Boca Juniors was one of his favorite teams - and that he'd like to play for them one day.

Tho' I guess this isn't a thread about who would LIKE to play in Argentina . . .

4. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you are in argentina then maybe you can tell us or find out about this player

Sergio Flores of Chacarita Juniors in Argentina. He played in the U-20 USA National Team

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I'm not 100% sure Flores is currently in Argentina.

Octavio Pino, a 1985, was with Almagro this year.

Argentina, to the best of my knowledge, is not a country with much of a YA history -- even with regard to small-time players.

6. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sergio Flores IS NOT LISTED in the books of AFA as a player of Chaca JRS.

On a side note for you Metro"stars" lovers both Jose Galvan and Juan Forchetti are now BOTH in Chaca JRS. Who is in NACIONAL B, Argentinas 2nd division.

7. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
  8. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an American former college player training with Boca Juniors in the last few months.

9. thegreek

thegreek New Member

Mar 16, 2005
    i know there is a player erk torres playing in the second div. he is about 17 or 18 and is on the radar for some coaches here.

Also a player with US ties, enrique llanos who was a 2 time all american in HS is down playing in argentina. he left for a trial with boca juniors and is now playing down in argentina

10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Interesting. Llanos as you say was a national-level schoolboy player from Florida. He would probably be finishing his sophomore year of college, for reference. Don't know where he might be playing.

Also have no idea about Torres. An Erik Torres appeared for Sporting Cristal in 2004 and 2005 but I'm not sure where he is now, unless he's the same guy named "Erick Torres" who currently plays for José Gálvez. At any rate I'm thinking this is not our Yank Abroad.

And of course CobblestoneFootball was referring to Marc Salomon who used to post here.

At any rate I only bumped this thread because I couldn't find anywhere else to put an update on Pino... But thanks folks for the other info and maybe we can dig up some more stuff.

11. JQ2006

JQ2006 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I Would Love To See A Yank Play In Argentina's First Division..... With Any Team... It's Actually My Favorite League... I Always Wonder They Won;t Invest In A Yank... They Aren't Expensive

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    he is in Jose Galvez now and nope he is certanly not your yank;)

13. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Dundee, Illinois, USA