Any word on Schelotto?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ferrigamo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ferrigamo

ferrigamo Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Springfield, Ohio
    I noticed what looked like Schelotto pulling his hamstring and having to be subbed out in the chicago game. Is he ok?

2. CaptainZ

CaptainZ Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guillermo did that on purpose. He was starting to get bored and therefore intentionally handicapped himself to make the game all the more challenging.

TO BARROS SCHELOTTO!!

3. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an elaborate ploy to catch RSL off-guard

4. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good lord I hope so.

5. black&gold23

black&gold23 New Member

May 12, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i heard that while playing for Boca he broke both his ankles on purpose to see what it was like to play as a regular person. He ended up getting a hat trick and then decided that it was nice but not for him. His ankles healed immediately after the game.

6. black&gold23

black&gold23 New Member

May 12, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from the Disp

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "doubted Adam Moffat (left hamstring) would be ready."

It's coming down to the point where it's news when this guy can play.

8. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll peg moffat for a sub next week,Moreno comes in if Guille can't,and Guille sits this game off so he's ready for when The F*cking Canucks come to town.

9. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, if we don't win Saturday, I may have to start rooting for Panama. Or whomever the US plays in the semis.

We need points bad. 2 points from the last three.

10. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    I was posting the same thing about Padula about this time last year. There's still a lot of games to be played.

11. AJStank

AJStank Member

Columbus Crew
    Mar 22, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet Padula has still played more games in the past 2 seasons than Moffat and it's not even close. Padula has played 30 games for us, 14 last season, 16 this season. Moffat played 7 last year and 2 this year. Moffat's durability is an issue no matter how good of a player he is and it has severely impacted his ability to contribute to this club.

12. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isnt Moffat younger than Padula as well?

13. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course Padula's played more games. Moffatt blew out his knee last season.

The point, re: Padula, was that a year ago many of us never expected him to get meaningful playing time the team. Ever. He was a guy, getting up in years, who'd not played 1st team football in quite a while. He comes to the club, plays, and immediately got a long-term injury. Frankly, his resilience since he returned form that injury has been astonishing. So what Coupe was saying is that Moffatt could do the same. Time will tell.

14. AJStank

AJStank Member

Columbus Crew
    Mar 22, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps I misinterpreted Coupe's post, sorry. I sincerely hope Moffat can make a Padula like surge back into the lineup, but forgive me if I doubt it.

15. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    I don't disagree that Moffat's health and durability is an issue but I remain hopeful he will return and make a difference before the playoffs. Padula surprised me last year. I can use another surprise!

16. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090715&content_id=5887142&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Bliss and Warzycha say in the article "we'll be OK" and that "we still have it covered"

however, they spend most of the article talking, with hindsight, about how their decision to trade Noonan is affecting the team.

then Gavin says, "He means so much to us. He's not only scored 10 goals but he seems to score at such key times in games. It's definitely going to be tough if he's not there."

sounds like the team are entering panic mode.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does any Crew fan think that trading him was a good idea? It's better for him to sit on our bench as depth, than to play for someone else, isn't it? We're gonna have a need for depth sooner or later.

I just hope this doesn't come back to bite us.

18. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Also from TFA:

So our lineup for Saturday is going to be:

Frankie--Brunner--Iro--Padula
    ------B.C.--------Danny O-----
    ----------Oughton--------------
    --Gaven--------------Grendi?--
    -------Forward Du Jour--------

I for one am excited....i love 0-0 draws!!!

19. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    if Warzycha is a good General, this team should be able to win this game. it doesn't have to be pretty it just takes hard work and complete teamwork.

Kreis is a player's coach which means that he really doesn't control his players, he just encourages them to go out and do their best. a General like that is easily conquerable because he can't hold his players accountable to play in a consistent manner. he is like the parent who buys beer for his/her teenage kids and their friends.

anyone have a feel as to what Warzycha's coaching style is? strict disciplinarian? player's coach? wishy washy? i honestly haven't been able to get a good read yet.

20. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    So you're saying he's awesome?

21. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    as long as he doesn't mind that his team will rarely play to their potential, then he is the awesomist.

22. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Just for the record, Mr. Dad That Hands Out Beer let his players be themselves to the point of stomping a mud hole and walking it dry the last time we played them.

23. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Right, right. But the beer thing...how does that come into play?

In either case, if he buys beer for kids, i hope he will call me one of his offspring and buy me a keg. I'm going to need it after the game Saturday, as we will be missing:

- Guillermo (apparently, according to these rumblings)
    - Marshall
    - Rogers
    - Ekpo
    - Moffat
    - Possibly Moreno

I know Ekpo played terrible for two weeks in a row, but what does that say about the guys behind him if he's not coming off?

Meanwhile, RSL Just signed FW Pablo Campos from San Jose. Not setting the world on fire, but an example of RSL making a move, and the Crew sitting idle. Also, should have Robbie Findlay and Javier morales back from injury.

Not to sound like Chicken Little, but this could be a bad week for the Crew.

24. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hush. Put your shades on, open up the umbrella and drink some kool-aid C. Little. ;)

25. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other teams have made moves to add depth, and we've made moves to subtract depth, all the while falsely proclaiming how happy we are about our depth.

On the backline, this is true, as we have 7 pretty solid options: Marshall, Hejduk, Padula, O'Rourke, Brunner, Zayner, and Iro.

We have good depth at DM (Carroll, O'Rourke), but that's it. The CM and wide midfield positions are thin, only 4 players for three spots, and one is out (Moffat, Gaven, Rogers, Ekpo).

Up front, Guille is the only one scoring consistently. Moreno with 3, Garey with 1, Lenhart 0.