Any USA players in La Liga?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by aaron90025, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm pretty sure ramos was recovering from his fractured skull pretty much that whole season and was released towards the end of the 94/95 season

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tab was one of my fav. US players.

3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

4. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you living in the US right now? Do you watch or follow MLS? Are you or have you ever been a season ticket holder for any of the league's club teams? I could be wrong but you sound like another one of those guys who's frriends can't stand him because no matter what topic is being discussed at the moment you always seem to drag stupid politics into it as if it sheds any light into anything. I could be totally wrong but why don't you just stick to soccer talk and leave your politics at home. This coming from someone from Redwood City, California? You've got to be living under a freakin' rock with those comments.

I'm an American who supports his local club team that average's 21,000+ fans per game in their own 27,000 seat stadium. Soccer's doing so bad right now that we just expanded our league with 2 more teams this season and two more in 2006.

yeah, nobody's watching!

5. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Re: Any USA players in La Liga? Soon there'll be 1...

Beasley won't be it.

Freddie Adu is on the Barcelona and Real Madrid radars and when the kid turns 18...

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

Barcelona radars? suuuuuuuureeeee

7. Zen Moon 8

Zen Moon 8 New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Here and there

Is it that hard to believe? Adu is hands down the best football prospect out of the US in quite some time. He would be a perfect fit in Spain he is pure class. Stay away from England and Germany Freddy if you don't want to end up like Donovan running back to the comfort of the US and deminished competition

Besides, if Barca has no interest in him, Madrid would be happy to have him to replace a then (and maybe now) aging Ronaldo.

Arrogant Barca... ¡Para siempre Real Madrid!

8. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Besides being a Betico I live in San Jose and am a season ticket holder and can't figure out how the MLS is letting that wussy boy Donovan come back so soon from BL. What ever happened to commitment. Just because your the star of your team and one of the best in the MLS doesn't mean you get a starting 11 slot just by showing up. Then the MLS shot themselves in the foot when they gave SJ an allocation player and now you have the dance of the allocation players taking place with Ruiz going to Dallas so Donovan can go to LA. At least he'll feel at home with the whiners from LA. I hope when they come up here this season they get their culos kicked nice and hard by SJ! :D

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera y Musho Clash!

El Pichi

9. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caceres, cool town. When my uncle got married I was there for a couple days. On Thursday nights the main town square fills up with students from the local university prior to an all night club/pub crawl. The girls were smoking! Good foggy memories.

10. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can believe Adu is on the Barca radar. Sure, he's a Nike athlete. And if they are looking at that no-talent Robinho why not a younger, eager to learn Adu. Non-EU regulatons are a major snag.

Donovan maybe, he likes warm weather, just his parents and girlfriend would have to come too.

11. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

If he can't even crack the top 16 on BL I am afraid that the closest he'll ever get to play at the Nou Camp will be the visiting the Barca Trophy Room! ;)

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

Pichi

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

whatever dude, there are better markets than the american you know!?

13. Socrplyr

Socrplyr New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Red Bank
    have any americans tried out for La Liga? or do they have to be drafted?

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

keller was the only player ever made it to La Liga. Reyna was wanted by Barcelona, but opted to stay with UVa. Ramos got injuried the summer Real Betis got promoted to La Liga.