Any Spartak fans out there?

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by SpartakM, Nov 7, 2004.

1. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    In that respect reading www.peski.ru (CSKA fans' web-site) is vomit-inducing.

2. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    DK have hardly set Europe alight with their recent form and a team will degrade in a league that it owns.
    PS Mind Shakhtar are now try to buy success - XabiAlonso, you really should have a read of that 4-4-2 article I was talking about.

3. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    I don't know, mate, seven points from four games in a group containing Real Madrid, Roma and Leverkusen isn't to be sniffed at. They still have an excellent chance of progressing to the knockout phase.

Sadly 4-4-2 is pretty hard to come by in Bayern.

4. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    What do they think of the great Valeri Gazzaev?

5. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Funny lot the horses. :) After beating Zenit, they were all loving him, even those more intelligent ones who did not want him back and wanted him out towards the end of last season. Now, some turned to doubters again - the fickled c*nts. :) The man is a cretin. :)

6. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Nothing will surprise me after their highly impressive performance v. the Turks in the qualifying round. :)

7. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    "The horses"? :confused:

8. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Actually, for many people our age in the UK Vassili Rats's goal against the Italians sticks in mind. :)

9. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    CSKA Moscow's nickname.

10. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    Again, :confused: Please explain. :)

11. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    A miserable 1-2 home defeat to Trabzonspor led to Mikhailichenko's sacking. They're stills somewhat wobbly. But their group is wide open and their crisis is only a mini one but then again, when you've got the main power structures behind you, they'll never let you slip beyond a certain level.

12. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    A home win against Roma should see them through.

13. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Roma are in a terrible disarray.
    Actually the Shakhter article appears 2 threads below. Have a look. It's a good read.

14. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    True, Roma are in a mess. It makes a Dynamo win more likely. :)

Just seen that article. Have printed it out because I'm off home now. :p Will read it there.

See ya. :D

15. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Bonj, Erwin! :)

16. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    The Starostins did spend about 12 years in the Sunshine Country, mostly for daring to p*ss off Beria and the Dinamo brass. Though the two elders were allowed to coach some of the local Dinamo sides, they certainly didn't get much preferential treatment.
    The youngest, Pyotr, who was the worst of the four in footballing talent, almost died in his camp before the local medic found out he was a Starostin and gave him an easy job. Still, upon his release, Pyotr was treated for tuberculosis and had a leg amputated.

All four, though, were apparently men of unbelievable health. All lived well past their 80s and Nikolai, the oldest, was the last one to die, at the age of 94. He was still working as the Spartak GM at the time.

17. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    One can say that it was, in fact, only a few years after his death that the terrible running of the club nearly dismantled it and I do not think Starostin would have ever tolerated even the idea of a scumbag such as Cherevichenko running his club.

18. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Hell, he wasn't even crazy about Romantsev, and at least The Big Drunk was an ex-captain.
    I do hope that the whole spinning-in-the-grave thing is just a metaphor. The old guy deserves some rest.

19. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Harsh. Many people in the RPL hate the way CSKA play. When PSG played them at Loko, we caught the fever - and they managed to numb Vahid's cockup plans (if he had any.) And that takes some doing.

20. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, you gotta give Gazza some rep!
    After all, the man singlehandedly made Albania and Georgia respectable football nations.

21. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    It was very sad with Romantsev - when speaking to some of the fellas off BB when they were in the UK for Liverpool-Spartak a couple years ago they were saying it got to a ridiculous stage of where the coach is too drunk to take a training session. It is a great shame, for Romantsev was superb back in the day.

22. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    I went to Chelsea-CSKA (and for the only time supported the thieving-murdering c*nt's side due to my passionate dislike of Gazzaev's cretinism) and, ********** me, CSKA played a bit better than I thought but they were still very poor against Chelsea, who were playing the match at walking pace. It was very sad for the state of Russian football if this was one of the top 2 clubs. Spartak, when they were at the top, were playing the likes of Real Madrid off the park, these shambles at Stamford Bridge were simply p*ss-poor. I was absolutely astounded when I read www.peski.ru - they reckon they were on par for 70 minutes, superb performance, blah-blah-blah... What game were they watching. And they were very proud of their away fans, who were frankly **********e and the chanting repertoire was very limited... tuporylaya derevnya, blya...

As you can probably tell, I am not the biggest fan of Gazzaev as he has that wonderful ability of turning almost anything he touches to **********... :)

23. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    Why was this man a scumbag?

24. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    How did the people in charge of the club allow him to carry on if he was a drunk?

25. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Usataya Blyad' = a man of true genius. :)