Any soccer shops in NYC?

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Brandon313, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Hey, im NYC for a day or two, anyone know of any good soccer stores here???

2. livestock

livestock New Member

Dec 27, 2004
    be here now
    Soccer Sport Supply (also once known as "DOSS" the family owners) up on 1st Ave and E. 93rd St. (I think...its been a while). ...actually googled it and it comes up as 1745 1st Ave. They've been around for a long, long time. They have their own line of mock replicas, their own line of uniforms (kits) and carry all the major brands (and some oddities) at reasonable prices. The guys can screenprint, tackle twill anything...tell them someone who used to play at the old Met Oval recommended them to you...maybe you'll get a free momento or something.
    Let me know if you make it up there (its not a bad neighborhood, just a bit out of the way. 5 or 6 avenues west on 5th Ave will put you at the north side of "Museum Mile" which includes the Metropolitan Museum of Art (immense), the Cooper Hewitt (eclectic), the Guggenheim (modern) and behind them a few steps farther west is Central Park, where you can break in any gear you may have picked up at Doss'.:)

3. Jordan21

Jordan21 Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Alabama
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely go to the Adidas store. Its Great! i Forget where it is exactly but its close to the village off Canal st. You should look it up at Adidas.como and take a cab.

4. livestock

livestock New Member

Dec 27, 2004
    be here now
    With all due respect...Adidas is your typical corporate conglomerate...Doss is the real deal and won't be found anywhere else.:cool: