Any possibility of Kenny Cooper to Dallas?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by GoldFinger, Nov 23, 2004.

1. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    With Cooper doing absolutely nothing in Portugal, is there a chance we could get a loan deal with Man U to bring him home. My first choice would be to sign a forward outright, but Cooper coming back would be a short term fix.

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wouldn't bet on it. Reason being is Cooper claims Dallas never returned his calls in regards to coming and training with them or something of that nature. 3rd can answer it better than me, but this is what I remember.

3. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not at all surprised that he is struggling in Portugal. I know he had a strong first season in the reserves at United scoring 17 goals. If he would be willing to come back, then we should try to land him.

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's one of those he said she said deals...
    I asked Jeffries about it once and he claims they told Cooper "anytime you want to train just give us a call."

While I would be happy to take Cooper there are two things to remember.

1. He would probably have to go into MLS SuperDraft like Twellman.
    I don't think you can discovered, but maybe he can since I don't know if he is in any player pool.

2. Is Copper sure enough a player? The team needs a 10 goal guy. Are we that sure he is ready to be that good? Or is he a project?

I am not saying he is not, I have not seen him play since Dallas Cup, and then I only think I saw him, I can't document it.

Still if he comes back I would grab him. But I don't feel he is allocation.

5. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    If you guys got him I think he could have a Twellman type impact but I don't think he's coming back. Where's england66 when you need him, you'd have to roll out the red carpet and have EJ comit to staying for two years to get him to consider.