any pictures of portugal propects!

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by jec1, Nov 29, 2004.

1. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    would be nice to see these guys first hand so we know what your talking about. vaz te has a good picture . thanx! ;)

2. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lets get this started...here are 4 of SCP and Portugal's brightest stars:

[​IMG]

From Left to right:
    Carlos Saleiro, Joao Moutinho, Miguel Veloso, Mario Felgueiras

3. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Bruno Vale
    Goal Keeper
    DOB: 08/04/83
    Team: FC Porto
    [​IMG]

4. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Marcio Sousa
    Midfielder
    DOB: 23/03/1986
    Team: FC Porto B
    [​IMG]

5. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Nuno Miguel Prata Coelho
    Data Nasc. 23/11/87
    Posição: Médio
    Clube Anterior: Sp. Covilhã (Júnior) (Porto now :))
    [​IMG]

6. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Daniel Candeias
    FC Porto
    [​IMG]

7. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Fabio Paim currently with the Sporting Juvenis

8. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Hugo Valdir Ramon Cardoso

[​IMG]

9. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Felipe Oliveira
    DOB: 27/05/84
    Chelsea reserves
    [​IMG]

10. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

Future Portugal Left back a great talent.

11. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Manuel Curto
    DOB: 09/06/86
    Benfica B team and Under 19 team
    [​IMG]

12. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Are there any pictures of Bruno Gama, Ivanildo, Vieirinha...three prospects I've heard alot from

13. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Bruno Gama
    FC Porto B
    [​IMG]

14. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    Question: How many of these prospects are sure-bets to be as good as Figo or Cristiano Ronaldo. I won't even include Eusebio.

15. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

This guy is Manuel " The Serial Goal Scorer " Curto.

16. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Pospects are prospects - some pan out, some don't. Sometimes they progress nicely even though there is a lot of press on them (i.e. Cristiano Ronaldo), and others get an inflated ego and/or their talent level drops off dramatically (i.e. Dani). If I had to pick 3 right now, that I really think can make it, in no specific order, they are: Valdir, Fabio Paim and Brumo Gama.

17. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    my pick for the top three that will prevail in the end and be a sucess:
    1.aristotle de carvalho(totti)- this kid can flat out play has the potential very acrobatic style likes jumping in the air and headers are his threat hes my first chioce.
    2. bruno vale- the goalie for the future. if he played now for the nt he would be the number one choice. not a big fan of ricardo or quim. moreira has potential but hasnt proven himself as a star goalie. vale reminds me of casillas spains future.
    3.ricardo vaz te[/ theres something about him that makes me think he will make an impact on the nt and seems acrobatic and agile. he can play wing and saw him in one game with bolton wow! he impressed me with his passes and hes vision when he shoots. he has a great shot.

hope im not jinxing myself but these players are my top three! whats yours?

18. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    man... How can you guys bet on kids that are 15 and haven't played and top flight football. Like Totti for example...
    1st. Bruno Gama!!! this guy is amazing. He has already played in the Superliga. He should be playing for Porto...
    2nd. Felpe Oliviera. I think Mourinho is going to mold this kid into something special. I see him taking over Joe Cole's spot very soon. If another injury comes and Mourinho has to dip into the youth, I'm sure he'll pick Oliviera.
    3rd... Well I'll have to say Fabio Paim. I've never see the kid play but there's so much hype following this kid that I'll have to bet on him hell... He's like a Portuguese Freddy Adu... but he probably has actual skill. If any of you Sporting fans in Portugal have any video footage of this kid you have to put it on the net. Cuz we're all dieing to see this kid play.

19. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
  20. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    I think a good way to measure a kid's potential, but not always, is to look at his international youth performances. Usually if a kid is producing well for the Under-16's, Under 18's, Under 19's, Under 20's and Under 21's, it's a good indication that he could become a talent. But some players fall through the cracks (i.e Ricardo Vaz Te).

Bruno Gama, Marcio Sousa, Ivanildo, Vieirinha, and Moutinho have all scored at a pretty good clip in youth international contest. One of these guys should emerge and make an impact, in the same fashion Figo and Ronaldo have.

21. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    agree 110% you cant really predict whos going to be good but i think good coaching and guidance can be very valuable with a young kid who is starting to make a name for himself. vaz te in point has major potential but playing in epl does he really get the experience there its a half-ass league where there isnt much competition. wheres as serie a or superliga. you have to mold in the right place and why do you think they dont want vaz te in the nt cause their scared he may be all hype which is stupid. if you are playing well then you should have a shot at the nt my two cents.

22. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    The English Premiership is half ass? You can't be serious! The EPL is the strongest league in my opinion: it's the most competitive; has the best players; has the richest ownership groups; and is the most financially stable. Not to mention that Chelsea, Arsenal, and Mancester United all have great opportunities to win internationally.

23. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    If I had to chose 3 Portuguese players (18 & Under) that will make the most impact in the immediate future, they are:

Manuel Fernandes: 18 and already a full-fledged starter for Benfica.

Bruno Gama: Scores in bunches in youth international competitions.

Ricardo Vaz Te: Scoring regurarly amidst many other foreign hopefulls in reserve play for Bolton.

24. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    1) Ricardo Vaz Te he is a scoring machine and should be in the Bolton lineup.

2) Bruno Gama = He will be the next Ronaldo ( Not Paim or Quaresma)

3) Vierinha = He will make attacking midfielder into a art form.

25. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It is the most competitive, but it does not have the best players. IMO look to the Spanish league and the Italian league for that. Case in point when was the last FIFA player of the year that played in the EPL? (maybe this year, Henry)

The EPL does provide an exciting game at a quick pace, but it is not the best "technically"