Any group travel plans for U-23s Soccerplex Match 11/19 ?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by RFK 315, Nov 13, 2003.

1. RFK 315

RFK 315 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    ...lurking...
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im interested in supporting our DCU players and the rest of the Olympic hopefuls next Wednesday, but not sure about getting to Germantown. Are there any supporters groups sending a bus from the DC area ?
    havent seen a BS thread on this, or anything on screaming eagles, barra-brava or Sam's Army.
    Thanks

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No bus, it's right up the street. Mention where you need a ride from, maybe someone can help you out. Careful who you get in a car with :)

3. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    screw ticketmaster

how do you get tickets without getting gauged by ticketmaster?

4. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    I got tix through the number at
    mdsoccerplex.org

I'm not sure if their $3 handling fee (don't know whether it's a 1-time fee for the order or per ticket) is lower that Ticketmaster.

5. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If people bought the cheaper sideline seats, lets meet up in our "usual spot" in the stadium. I've heard it might rain so could be a sparse crowd so we may be able to sit wherever we want anyway.

K

6. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Truedat. I heard it is going to be a gully-washer -- worse than the El Salvador match last year.

Think "First MLS Cup."

Brrrr.

7. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As usual there will also be a pre-game tailgate in the usual spot: pavillion B in the park acrosss the street from the road turnoff to the stadium park.

If you're coming from I-270 direction, the picnic area road entrance is at 9:00 o'clock in the little traffic circle. [The entrance to the soccerplex is at 3:00.] Take the single road about a quarter of a mile, beyond the baseball field and turn right into the parking lot. As you breach the crest of the parking lot plateau the pavillions loom immediately. There are only four of them, so finding us shouldn't be difficult, even for the directionally challenged. ;)

Red&Black and I will be there around 3:00 to get it going. I'm bringing my little grill in case it's pouring too much for the installed grill to be effective.

GM

8. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    heads up friends, a severe weather warning is in effect for the boyds area and a tornado watch is in effect as well. hopefully this will clear out by 3.