Any fans in the Springs?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by PZ, Jul 5, 2005.

1. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. btmountainmail

Aug 13, 2004
    Colorado
    I'm going - The Blizzard are a pretty fun team to watch this year, and the venue is great (though it's hard to figure out which lines on the field to look at sometimes - it's field turf with football, lacrosse and soccer lines laid in). They've got a little speed and can put a good game together, though I'm not sure if they can do much against a solid MLS defense.

Any idea whether this will be Rapids starters or reserves, or a mix of both?

3. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just remember, it's the blue lines (when it's not the white ones) that they are using. A game a few weeks ago (Springfield) the keeper picked the ball up outside the box. Took the ref a few seconds to realize why all the Blizzard players were calling for a handball. It's a great homefield advantage.

The Rapids don't have a match this week so I'm hoping for a mix of starters/reserves.

The Blizzard have been hot and cold this season (much like the Rapids) If the Blizzard are on their best game, they could keep things close. Should be fun though.

4. manowarfan1

manowarfan1 New Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    Cool - I just found this out - thanks guys. I will definitely go to this - closer than Ivesco by far, the Rapids have a chance to win a game, and I will get a chance to see the Blizzard. Anyone know where Washburn Field is? I'll just be coming down Platte until I hit downtown.

5. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's on the Colorado College Campus. The stadium is on the west side of campus. Just go down Platte to Cascade. Turn left (west) on Cache La Poudre. Go down the hill and find somewhere to park (on the street). It's behind the Athletic building on your right.

6. manowarfan1

manowarfan1 New Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    Excellent. THanks for the directions. Anybody down here ever drive up for any Rapids games? I hate the fact that they are all at night, but it wouldn't be so bad driving up form the Springs in a carpool situation. I have been to one game this year and would like to see a couple more if possible.

Jeff

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only make the hour drive up there for Galaxy games. :D