Any Euro teams interested in Luis Bolan~os?

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Manolo, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Joffre Guerron has made such a sensation that it is easy to ignore Luis Bolan~os, who is also a spectacular talent. He is not as fast as Guerron (cars are not as fast), but I feel he has a better nose for goal and is more calm on the ball. I would say he's equally talented, and I would be very surprised if smart scouts would not be looking at this guy, especially for the left side which is always a prized position for wingers.

Anybody heard any news or rumors??

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Actually, I did see some notes on local sports shows on teams interested on Bolanos,Jairo Campos, and of course Guerron, then Liga went on to move to quarterfinals in la Copa and then things got quiet, most of the teams mentioned were Mexican teams though. anyways I'm sure he'll immigrate after Copa.

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bolaños should not go to Mexico !! He's Europe quality. No Ecuadorian should go to Mexico unless he's not absolutely fit yet for Europe or needs to Mature a lil bit more...

Europe is where our ballers should be heading to. I tell ya that Benitez is out of there in a year.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I agree I would love to see more players in Europe, but in Mexico at least they get to play. Ever since Aguinaga, the Mexicans love our ballers. Plus it's easy for them to adapt over there to the language and culture, and they make good money too.

I look at guys like Mendez, De La Cruz, and especially Kaviedes and I feel like the physical and psychological pressures of the game in Europe prevented them from reaching their potential as players. Even El Tin, from his short time in England, never really came back the same player.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    -Mendez has had some great runs with PSV, scored the first ever goal for an Ecuadorian in a Champions League match, against Arsenal which propelled them to the next round
    -De La Cruz enjoyed success with the Hibs in Scotland before spending a good time (for the most part) with Aton Villa
    -Kaviedes' problems don't come from adaptation, it's all in his head and maturity because he's played for Porto, Celta, R Valladolid, among other teams, and he was dumped by most of them for indisciplina.
    -Tin had serious knee issues that to this day are not fully resolved, but with Southampton, he scored against the big dawgs of the Premier League and would have been the most successful Ecuadorian in Europe had it not been for his nagging injuries-this is really a tragedy story because he really was ready for PL action.

Europe has the biggest bucks, the biggest stars, the biggest opportunity to shine and the strongest competition. If a player has the opportunity to play in Europe, he must take it and run with it because it's an opportunity that pays off in the future.

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    There's no denying Europe offers the greatest rewards, but it also offers the greatest risks. Obviously if the player gets the chance to go to Europe he should take it, if anything they will make more money there, even sitting on the bench. But soccer-wise, I have my concerns and it seems like for every Valencia, there will be 2 or 3 Kaviedes.

To respond to your assessment of the players mentioned above, I have to add the following:

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Caicedo moving to Manchester City might have not been such a good idea. Sven has left and I'm not sure what the new manager, Hughes, will do as far as summer transfers.

Hopefully he'll get a chance to prove himself a starter.

Did Borja stay with Mainze?? I heard he did, then I heard he didn't...then he did, etc, etc...

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

ManCity, not ManU.

Bolaños was great last night. I'd be surprised if he stays in the americas and doesn't go to europe.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :eek:
    Jesus...LOL!! yeah... City. Thanks for catching that! ;)

12. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Espanyol..spain