Any Crew Fans/Supporters Attending MLS Cup Summit

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by galaxycrazy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Since we're(Galaxians) hosting the Supporters' Summit this year, and your team earned it, will any fans/supporters be attending the Summit in LA, so that there can be the traditional exchange? Any help in terms of this would be appreciated.
    I know that there was an issue regarding what happened with its presentation during your playoff game, and a point of discussion led by Sam Pierron will be held to address how the Shield should be transferred.

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I would expect somewhere around 800 or so to show.

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I heard there was 1500 going but I think it will only be about 1000 or so. People jsut aren't that dedicated anymore.

4. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    Honestly, i don't get this.

You guys go on some huge rant about that supporters shield....bitch bitch bitch...and i was totally there too. It sounded pretty disgusting how that went down. Since then, I come over periodically to find out what the front office's explanation was when being 'called out' on it. Yet, what do I find? Nothing! At least no one has written that they've even talked to the office about this whole thing. You guys don't seem to have apparently done one single thing except complain about it.

Now....somebody comes over this a.m. to get some real details about how to hand it over....it sits here for what, 5 hours....with 2 lame responses as the only answer?

Really, i completely empathized with you guys. But, now....honestly it seems the office should've had no fear walking over you all. just roll over for us guys. I really hoped for a lot better for you all when that post started. Maybe i'm wrong. maybe some answers are buried in a different post somewhere. maybe the office has issued some apology i missed. if not, it seems like you guys got what you deserved on this one.

5. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    You go by just what you read on bigsoccer.

Stupid skunks.

6. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    uh....no.

but what's the point of 2 idotic posts to a real question here....and 97 posts bitching about something that never gets resolved? Regardless of how fans feel towards teams....just about every mls fans DOES give a damn about how management for every organization treats their fans. Fine, none of my business....i don't go to crew games. But to the outside, looks like you all didn't even attempt to stand up to the organization. just plain sad and pitiful, that's all.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    And you came to this conclusion by what you read on a message board.

8. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    yeah.....what else is there to go on?
    please enlighten me.

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Maybe e-mails have been exchanged? Perhaps a PM to galaxycrazy?

Funny thing is, not everything needs to be aired on a public message board.

10. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This just in, busses to MLS Cup 2004 are FULL! Sorry all, but it's too late to get your place now.
    If all show we can expect around 900 supporters in the stands cheering!

11. jshecket

jshecket New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I had a good time there... And all you sour grapes grousing about Andrulis' mistakes, you just deprived yourselves of a fun veteran's day weekend in LA. It's your loss.

12. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    so what happened? Did we end up collecting the SS at the Summitt?

13. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    you know....it would be the most decent thing someone could do by answering this simple question for a change. you'd do right by your own fanbase, the group that had the shield most recently, and all those that belong to supporters groups around mls.

captain splarg asked it 2 days ago.
    no public response and the thread got deleted.

whomever it is that can answer it....you don't respect your fellow crew fans enough to just write down what's going on with this thing?
    what gives?

14. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I'm pretty sure Fid e-mailed someone associated with Los Angeles's group to let them know that at least three of us - Fid, Sirk, and me - would be out there and were willing to pick up the Shield, but his e-mail messages went unanswered, just like his previous attempts.

15. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    did anyone actually go to the supporters summit? isn't the presentation a standard part of the program? furthermore, would emailing LA's supporters group bear any fruit at all? IIRC Crew front office were in possession of the SS. Would it not have been more fruitful to contact them and see where the actual trophy is?

16. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    this whole thing just stinks. as much as i like to root against your team, that trophy is the symbol of your killer how-the-hell-did-they-pull-that-off-season. If it was reversed and our FO gave a ss that we had won over the course of a season to some old saggy lady instead of the barra, i would be furious. hope your front office gets the shield were it belongs, to the fans.

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw it at the Supporters Bash in Hollywood Saturday night. Where did it go from there?

18. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    all very good questions......hmmmm.
    answers?

19. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    i think you lack some of the finer points about the shield discussed during the fan's thread started in response to how that event occurred. i don't think its with the front office right now....but, who knows? nobody here apparently wants to talk about it.

20. jshecket

jshecket New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Being the only Crew fan in attendance, I "collected" the trophy at the Supporter's Summit. Margie from the Galaxians did not feel comfortable sending it back on my flight because she worried that baggage handlers would just toss it on the plane. She is shipping it back to the Crew office via UPS.

21. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Good work man, I'm glad to see it out of my current employer's office....am I allowed to say that?

22. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Would a five page essay make you happy?

23. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, the problem is that no one here wants to talk about it with YOU.

We've talked about it extensively and everyone knows the score. The fact that nobody is remotely interested in reviewing it all again for your personal edification is just your tough beans.

Nobody is interested in the thing any more, for two reasons: first, the Crew management cleverly conspired to take the fun out of it for us by hijacking the process and second because Coach Stupid cleverly arranged to kick us all in the nuts with his panic-driven coaching in the playoffs.

Frankly, at this point, a lot of us just don't care that much any more. HSG has sucked the life out of it's most ferevnt and loyal fans, but since they prefer their own "official" fans to those who they don't control I guess it's obvious that the feeling is mutual.

24. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    The funny thing, I had an extended PM exchange with him about it. Obviously that wasn't enough...

25. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then he gets a fresh heaping pile of Fred's Homestyle Negrep for being a jerk..

mmmmm-mmmmm good.