Anti-Saddam Crew take over Embassy in Berlin

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by metrocorazon, Aug 20, 2002.

1. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
  2. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    ...In London, a spokesman for the Iraqi National Congress — a leading umbrella group for opponents of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein — said the group had no knowledge of the embassy incident.
    He believed the Iraqi Democratic Opposition of Germany was a new group, founded several months ago. He said he was not familiar with its members.
    [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at this because it reminded me of the Life of Brian with the People's Front of Judea and the Judean's Peoples Front...

3. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Re: Re: Anti-Saddam Crew take over Embassy in Berlin

classic

4. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Father Ted, you understand these people far more than you realize.

5. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thing was screwy. The hostage takers had no weapons, and a statement that apparently was in perfect German.

Two theories:

1. They were some Iraqis long living in the west who were unconnected with any organization, but whom decided to strike a blow for freedom one night over beers.

2. This was a very primative attempt to discredit the Iraqi opposition.

My guess is on number 1. The ex-Green Beret I work with guesses number 2.

6. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    It's funny how the Iraqis blamed it on America and Israel. Do you think they even believe these claims, or do the chuckle when the type the press release?

7. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Funny that many muslims would condemn this incident and any other U.S led incident no matter of any character and size, against Iraq...but yet, when you see that it was done by Iraqi Dissendents, than you have to wonder how much they ignore them!