Anti-Muslim hooligans?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by WayneRooneyIsFat, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It didn't seem like they were suffering out on the pitch. If playing get football, in Kolo's case, is what we get from a player who fasts for Ramadan....then the whole side should celebrate Ramadan, LOL.

Yeah that night match would be extremely tough. There are many fast days in the Jewish calender. It can be quite hard going 24hrs without food or water. I can't even imagine playing a football match after fasting all day...WOW!

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Really? Or are you pullin my leg?

That's cool, if you are a Jew named Abdul.

3. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

looks like lazy reporting.
    some so-called journo probably browsed afew hoolie and right wing sites and decided to invent a story.

4. nikhil rao

nikhil rao New Member

May 14, 2005
    New Delhi, India
    you know What ?! I think muslim arsenal players and other minority players from the epl should make an anti-racism Ad ! Its like "Stand Up Speak Up" . make one that'll make those "hooligans" realise that we are no different than you ! its not our fault some of us are planing to bomb and wreck havoc in countries every now and then.! touching yert not looked over. :)

5. Matt5696

Matt5696 New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Actually it’s his wife that is Moroccan. But I'm surprised so many so many of you didn't know about his conversion since almost every rape related article I've read seemed to throw that in along with some pointless crap about him being close to a Muslim janitor from his days as a bratty student.

6. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    we fast for 12hours not a whole day.

from sunrise to sunset.

7. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    He probably still is.

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    One of my good friends at Uni is a Indian Muslim, she told me....up really early in the morning to eat and then after sundown.
    We have to go entire 24 hours without food or water, infants, sick, elderly, and pregnant women are exempt.

Without getting too serious or derailing the thread too much, Islam and Judaism have A LOT in common.

9. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    we all have the same god.

10. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    I love being atheist.

11. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    you won't love it so much when you die... ;)

12. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    I'll love it even more when I die MT.

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree.

14. AFCLoyal

AFCLoyal New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    London England
    There is a potential act of violence on the 30th July when the Iranian national team play Millwall

15. AFCLoyal

AFCLoyal New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    London England
    He married a muslim

16. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    so, he's a convert.

17. supaman_x

supaman_x New Member

May 13, 2004
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    IIRC, the janitor was the one who essentially converted him.

18. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    which means he had to convert to marry her.

19. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    morons...what the hell does the Iranian national team have to do with the events? Have you seen the guys on the team? They all have pseudo-shoulder length hair with so much product in it that it's a fire hazard.

The hooligan sector can ********** off completely.

20. Matt5696

Matt5696 New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Just to clarify, I meant pointless crap as I was a little irked that the English media never really bothered with such details until he was accused of rape... and then all of a sudden it's "oh by the way he's Muslim and has an odd relationship with some janitor... oh and he played cage football on the tough streets of Rotterdam and-" ... yeah whatever.

At any rate, I believe he bought the guy a house, so there's no denying that he's had incredible influence on Van Persie's life.

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Unfortuantely, most of the Iranian fans in UK have become hesitant about attending the match at Millwall's. But hopefully, Iran-Millwall will be a trouble-free match.

22. D_G73

D_G73 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Dubai
    Hello fellas,
    I'm a bit new here but wanted to reply about the muslim players at Arsenal, i believe they are:

1- kolo as we all know
    2- we used to have rami shabaan (half egyptian hald scandanavian)
    3- there are talks that persie is a muslim and thats perhaps due to his moroccon-dutch wife. as an extra info, a muslim woman can not marry a non muslim man unless he converts so thats probably where his islam has come from. although i doubt that he has done it through conviction but more so to be with her.
    but his latest act has left a big taint and im not sure where his mariage will be heading to.
    4. i really doubt vieira or eboue are muslims.
    5. Anelka did convert to islam a while back.
    6. senderos is currently studying theology and is interested in islam from a guardian interview i read a while back.
    7. i dont think lauren is muslim.

I'm from dubai by the way guys.
    im not even too crazy about going to the UK anymore after all the ******** that happened. it was a criminal act no doubt about it but 'most' people will look into middle easterns people with one view now. (feel sorry for so many peopel from the gulf who have lots of properties and investments in london).
    in my last trip to england, i had a huge suitcase with me that i was dragging along through tubes and other means of transportation trying to arrive at the airport. I seriously doubt it if its advisable anymore to have such a big luggage with you in public while roaming, in london that is... ;)

some paki tourist i heard got killed after being attacked by a youth mob where they beat him up to death. it is sad but what can you do!

like they say, the innocents lways get caught up in the middle..on both sides!

23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any fans in the UK who aren't hestiant about attending a match away at the New Den?

24. D_G73

D_G73 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Dubai
    heck,
    i used to study in the US but after the 2001 attacks, i didnt even bother going there anymore. there is nothing worse than someone giving you the dirty look for some weird reason.

i know there are alot of level headed people in the US but then, there are lots of people who watch too much of FOX tv.

don't also forget that the cops in the US have some special status and permission to do anything they want. they easily would pull you over cause of your looks to harras you and may even throw you in detention if they don't trust your middle eastern looks.

i lived in the south and some of those southerners are very ignorant and can easily be brain washed.

25. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Why do you "really doubt" that Eboue is Muslim? He is from exactly the same background as Kolo having grown up from the same region and gone to the same football schools?
    Lauren is muslim, he has mentioned it in interviews before.