Answer the Question Todd! We Want the Truth!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Scooper, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Scooper

Scooper New Member

Feb 14, 2001
    N.Y.
    My fellow members of Rev Nation, I am throughly disgusted, although not at all surprised with the answer or response or "dialogue" that the esteemed General Manager, and at this point I use that term loosely, of the Revs wrote the other day.

Todd, I am calling you out! Answer the questions that were finally dragged into the harsh daylight by Mr. Gus Martins. Where was your response? I know you are in charge there...Folks, Mr. Smith is the man making most of the player and financial decisions there.
    That said, there were many, many, knowledgeable and insightful thoughts and questions voiced on these boards concerning the state of the Revolution recently. So many questions, Mr. Smith, so many questions.
    Yet you, in typical Smith and Revolution fashion, opted to hide behind a thinly vield guise of personal offense.
    You did not and I know now, you will not ever answer the questions about any of the mismanagement of the club. Instead, you opted for the company line and a weak excuse that you could latch onto as to why you would not discuss anything here. You complained about a comment concerning your health. We all wish you the best, it is not about that.
    However, that is typical Revolution thought. If you distract the fans from one injustice and ineptitude, they will soon forget about it.
    We will not do that anymore!
    We want answers and accountability!

It was a nice attempt by you to deflect the accountability for this mess, but the time has come to stand up and address these issues.
    Let us not forget that the Hershey Wildcats folded a season after you left them...apprently not in the best financial state. I would hate to see that happen to the Revs.

2. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Dude, it's time to try the decaf.

3. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Manny M., aka Scooper aka Mr.Rumor--take your inflamatory dog crap some place else. This board is for Rev soccer fans, not Tricksters out to create trouble. Kevin Payne may not have followed through with his suite but our GM may be a little less tolerant. Besides we are more than capeable to fermenting our own Revolutions (aka-thats a JOKE :)

4. Scooper

Scooper New Member

Feb 14, 2001
    N.Y.
    I am sorry then, fans of Rev Nation. I truly thought the people who support this team would not turn tail and run and hide and blindly support incompetence.
    There is nothing that I have written that is slanderous or libelous.

It is my opinion, that the way the Revs have been handled is a joke. It is a now a stale one. But Soccer Doc, never mind. Go ahead and support the worst organization in MLS without any thoughts to how or why decisions are made.

5. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    funny how when someone finally calls the revs out people don't comment

i guess complaining about over priced fatty food is more up their alley

6. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Mejido, you say that Todd is 100% in charge? Well, we aren't stupid enough to take your word on much of anything, given your track record. We'll let him clarify that one himself, thank you. And the fact that Todd posted initially, and lots of people asked questions is fine. Just because he hasn't responded right away at your whim doesn't mean he's ducking us. It just means that he's got better things to do, like um, running a team.

So Todd, having said that, Mickey Mouse is correct that we deserve answers in a reasonable amount of time, say 24 hours, or at least before you leave for the All-Star game. And to summarize, these are the main questions on everyone's lips:

How does the decision-making happen at Foxboro, and who has the ultimate responsibility when things go wrong? Where does the buck stop?

What do you say to the allegations that "someone upstairs" has at various times told Nicol who should play?

Did the Revs not insist on a physical for Serna before the trade? Is MLS' system an "honor" system where rival teams are supposed to take another team's word that a player is healthy?

This is a really important question, and this is one area where we fans deserve to know how MLS operates.

Tom

7. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Gus Martins called Todd Smith out. Lots of people responded. I don't think that there was any food talk involved. Scooper is basically trying to dress up a post full of insults into a few "issues". Not only would I not expect Todd Smith to respond to a post with that tone, I'm glad that other posters decided not to join in (I mean they decided to turn tail and run).

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Guys, this doesn't sound at all like Mejido, and having emailed him in the past few months, I doubt he'd be in a position to be writing such commentary.

It's not his style: his tongue is planted more firmly in cheek than what's been printed above, and he'd hardly sticl solely to antagonizing Revolution supporters.

My thoughts are this is someone else entirely.

Ask yourselves, who has something to gain by taking the Revolution front office to task? I'm not talking about supporters, but who with a vested interest in the club other than supporters might?

The Magpie

9. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    my $'s on that evil & bitter dave kartunen!
    ;)

actually, i think this might actually be sunil since it from n.y. he might be ticked off that todd's user name no longer includes him.

"Scooper" Gulati has quite a ring to it.
    :)

10. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony Frias? :D

I, for one, would like answers to some of the questions brought up by Mr. Martins, and others in the forum. I don't think, however, that Todd or anyone else in the organization is required to come on here and respond. If he chooses to do so, that's great. He's done it in the past, and I respect him for it. He is well aware, I am sure, of the discontent that is brewing in Revland, and I hope he answers some of these questions, either here, or in the papers.

Lee

11. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    John00: Martins' State Of The Union piece presents the ideal situation for the other paper in a two newspaper city/town.

This would be the perfect opportunity for the other paper to play point-counterpoint - That's what they do at least in the rest of civilization (The Philly Inquirer writes something and the Daily News finds ways to poke holes in it, etc. etc.).

Apparently FDA & The Boston Globe is chosing to completely ignore it. By ignoring or marginalizing it, it says a lot.

12. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
    I will be speaking with Todd today and addressing many of the pending questions in my Notes from the Front article which will be up on Cyber Soccer tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned.

13. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Actually my understanding is that FDA is tracking down some hot leads concerning a possible FIFA move to add three more World Cup tournament spots for Oceana for the 2006 Cup. He plans to reveal this, along with a companion-piece retrospective about the glorious tradition of Oceanic football tradition in next week's Globe.

14. RevFan17

RevFan17 New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    With the amount of people that have left the Revs front office in the past two years (since Todd started), it would be difficult to figure out who has the "inside scoop".

15. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    A player?????????

16. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Semedo's agent sounds about right to me

17. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Maybe it's FC trying to blame others for these ridiculous personnel moves? If not, I give up, who do you think it is? The choices of players or former players or Semedo's agent don't make a lot of sense. If you can trash the team's management and get the press to pick it up (as the above-mentioned have done) why go to the trouble of trying to alienate a few fans on bigsoccer?

18. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    is it possible that magpie has no "one person" in mind? he may have just been asking people to back off the m.m. comments.

if i picture fernando writing all this stuff though....its kinda' cool
    :)

19. Scooper

Scooper New Member

Feb 14, 2001
    N.Y.
    My fellow members of Rev Nation!

I am not at all attempting in anyway to alienate you! I am one of you. A fan who has been to almost every Revs home game....and even many road trips...I was even in L.A. for the Open Cup Final, a horribly disapointing loss.....
    But, at the same time, a good loss. If the Revs had won, all we would have been hearing about was how they were champions of something, nevermind the fact that the team has been a disgrace in MLS play. It is the same type of pretty spin that we are getting now.

I am trying to alienate no one. I want the fans to wake up! do not just accept the paltry and insignificant Kraft (and Mr. Smith), Inc. company line. We are better than that! We should demand more!
    That is all I have been trying to implore, and apprently some over-sensitive people have taken it the wrong way.
    Every year...every single year, without fail, we hear the exact same drivel spill from the mouths of Revs GM's and coaches, and it seems to come at a near-record pace from the orifice of Mr. Smith:
    "We were too injured with a lot of key guys out," "We are really starting to jell, but we haven't been together long enough," "If we can just sign this (Portuguese, Bolivian, Honduran, etc) player, he will be the difference maker," ....blah-blah-blah, etc, etc.
    Think about it!

Trust me, please...I do have much knowledge of the inner working of the Revolution, and there is so much going on there that you SHOULD be upset about. At least demand some sort of accountability. Do not play the part of the blind mule being led through the desert anymore.
    I am not Semedo's agent...I am not this Mejado fellow.
    I am from Rev Nation!

20. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Could scooper be the one true " CABANA BOY " at Kraft Manor ???

21. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Based upon the tone of his posts, I'd say it's more likely whoever you replaced as "cabana boy". Don't you think that you'll start sounding bitter when you no longer have use of Kraft's beach house?

Scooper, what makes you think that most of the BS members blindly accept the excuses from the Krafts? While you may have inside information, there aren't many complaints in your posts that I haven't been hearing consistantly for the last year or two.

22. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was like thirteen of us there. Were you with the Revs staff for that game? Because I don't think any of the crew who were tailgating have ever had any connection to the Revs. I think there are pictures from the parking lot at the midnight riders website. Wait, is this Brian Dunseth?!? I had a very long and drunken discussion with him at the bar later that night. He was saying a lot of the same stuff.

23. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    hmmmm......been to almost every home game and road trips....went to open cup....posts from n.y.

could this be teddy?!

teddy! i always liked you! i always thought you had more heart than you let on! this posting only proves it! like mo vaughn only wishes.....come back from that dark gotham nightmare and take once more the position that is rightfully yours.

24. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that the X-Files is done I guess we need to invent a new game to entertain ourselves :)

Actually, my take on all the pointed remarks and "questions" from the paper and "Scooper" is---WHO CARES! All I want is have a team to follow and to be able to watch my team play soccer in a safe and affordable enviorment. Frankly, I don't give a damn who's conning the ship. I only care that the players show up and give their full effort and that my team is part of the ebb and flow in the standings. All this "We have a right to know" stuff I think is a bit over stated. What the Rev management owes us is a safe and appropriate place to watch the team they own play soccer for 90+ minutes and in return we pay them for the right to watch the match. As a bonus we can also see the match on TV if enough people are willing to buy the products advertized. No where in this do I devine that we fans have the right to know the inner workings of the organization. I also think that in a free society we have the right to bitch and moan and even be wrong. As I've said in an earlier post, this can be therapeutic especially when your team is gasping for air.

I still think we should take up a collection to buy some DEKON to feed to Scooper.

25. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Slyde the Fox?
    2) Paul Keegan?
    3) Beto Naveda?
    4) Rob Ukrop?