Another stadium another stage

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Check out the latest stadium renderings in Chicago
    http://www.section8chicago.com/bridgeview.html

It looks like the stage concept pioneered in Frisco will be copied from here on out when designing these smaller soccer specific stadiums.

2. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Last night I ran across an infomercial for the American Airlines Suites. Seems like a pre-emptive strike aimed at their future competition.

It will be interesting to see how many musical acts jump from AAC to ULHOWA next year.

3. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never underestimate the power of the boy band or tramp of the month shaking their money maker when in designing SSS w/ Public funds !

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I remember telling the Fahr fans that the stadium would end up with a stage....none of them believed me....HA!! It just makes too much sense, revenue wise. There just aren't enough soccer dates to keep the stadium useful throughout the year.

5. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    As you say, concerts in these stadiums are a reality.... I think the stage design in Chicago looks pretty clever.

There are six rows of removable seats in front of the stage, so there will be a presense on the stage end for soccer. There are also 2 or 4 of luxury boxes sitting on the stage that turn into dressing rooms for concerts. And the scoreboard is tucked under the stage roof.

6. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure why some temporary bleachers couldn't be set up on those stages to disguise them as seats.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is a nice looking stadium.

7. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stage freight and liability. Sec8 mosh pit.

8. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Indeed

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Yeah, if it actually comes off like that it will rival the HDC for sure.....and it will certainly blow ULHOWA out of the water. Hey.....its all good for soccer in the US. The more of these the better, obviously.

10. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    And if it takes putting a stage at one end for a SSS to be more profitable Im all for it.

Its all about revenue streams buddy!

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't want to say it - certainly because we haven't seen the Frisco Stadium in its full glory and those Bridgewater renderings may change - but IF the Fire stadium finishes like those mock-ups, I will be a bit envious.

12. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Its nice to see where FC Dallas will be defend the Brimstone cup in the future.

13. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Wait and see how the accountants pencil whip it.

14. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Yeah, and I think that might be a significant factor in this one. The city of Bridgeview is paying for the whole deal here, AEG isn't contributing anything. I can easily see soccer specific elements not getting past the cost-benefit analysis....in particular the roofs would seem to be superfulous to the city's needs if they are considering this a multi-purpose venue.

15. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope that they keep the roof. If this stadium stays the same thru construction, then it will rival most of the Championship side stadiums in England.

16. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I really don't like the stage, but then again I can't imagine many "big" acts coming there. [Wishfull Thinking]So hopefully in the future when we start seeling out games easily it will be destroyed for more seating.[/Wishfull Thinking]

17. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    The cost-benefit analysis was already done.

Basically, Dallas got 15 extra youth fields, and Chicago got a more refined stadium for about the same budget.

18. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can hope Frisco gets a roof and other features later on. Does Bridgeview have the land to add the 15 fields? If no then possibly Frisco could end up the better site. Right now, the edge goes to Bridgeview. The best thing is both did what they had to do to get built.

19. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    No. There will be 1 or 2 practice fields at Bridgeview and no room for more. Not positive about this, but the expanded version of Bridgeview (8,500 more seats) might inlcude a roof over the north end.

I think a long-term advantage of Bridgeview vs. Frisco is that it is much closer to the city.

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Ah yes, but budget overruns are common problem in projects like these. As the dollar continues to weaken, the price of many of the raw materials used in the stadium will continue to increase, costs will have to be readjusted, decisions will have to be made. Unlike the HDC, the city is paying for it all, they can't simply write another check to cover the overruns. That would take a policy action, a vote by the city council. You will see.....things will change....they always do.

21. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    say that again when we sell the stadium naming rights well before you do.

What you see is what we're getting. Nothing of notice will be lopped off of the design.

22. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Listen, ass, this isn't a competition for who sells what first. But changes due to budgetary concerns are a common issue in these kinds of projects. To say that nothing will change is a bit shortsighted I think. You really dont' know what will happen.

23. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

DMB has played the HDC, I think its quite possible they and others could play Bridgeview. They will be able to play a larger show than the Tinley Park amphitheater without having to play Soldier Field.

24. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Ok, sure. Say whatever you like.

25. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Ok....the Fire suck monkey balls......I like to say that.