Another question about kicks

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Smiley321, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    What is it used for? If you kick a thread, what does that do?

2. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You are basically voting that this is a good thread and that others should take a look at it.

If you are in the forums, you can _choose_ to sort threads by kicks.

More importantly, if you look at our homepage, and the subpages within, there are a variety of methods to sort the display of the site's content, many of which use your kicks votes.

3. Sakatei

Sakatei Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Your kicks have lost their little minds.

They are kicking themselves.

I assume this is a known issue?

4. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    What do you mean?

5. Sakatei

Sakatei Member

Jun 24, 2007
    I mean every thread is kicking itself.

They all have at least two kicks. I started one and it had two kicks. The supporters forum all have two kicks.

Tried on different locale comp and the extra kicks are still present.

6. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've noticed in the Men's College forum that a lot of the threads kicks have gone up in the last couple of days. It may simply be that people are finally deciding to use the kick feature, but I doubt it. There's not one thread currently on the front page (of Men's College) that has less than two kicks. It may be a bug.

Edit: ...or someone's just gone kick happy lately. Is there a way to track kicks?

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I just noticed BigSoccer seems to be counting replies as kicks. I never use kicks, but now when I reply to a thread it says I've kicked it.

Edit - interestingly, this is happening on MLSN&A, but not on this thread. Don't know what the difference is.

(And as far as I'm concerned kicks are still useless. I say dump them.)

8. ElasticNorseman

ElasticNorseman Member+

Apr 16, 2004
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    if you reply by hittilg the "new Reply" button, one of the check boxes below in "Miscellaneous Options" is "Would you like o kick this as well?" which is checked off for me (I never selected this - it seems like when they added it this was the default value (which seems pretty stupid) - I've since unchecked it.

9. ElasticNorseman

ElasticNorseman Member+

Apr 16, 2004
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    i just checked and even after unchecking the box (and the kick sount didnt go up) - its back (so i have to uncheck it each reply???) - this only shows up with the "New Reply" button on the bottom left (next to the kick box), if i use the "Reply" link below the last message it doesnt come up

so unless you choose to not kick the thread, it gets kicked if you reply one way, but not another............... another reason it's such a meaningful feature

:rolleyes:

10. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Aha! There it is in the advanced window.

Bad idea, Jesse.