Another cold one please - Beer Thread pt 2

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Uppa 90, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i completely agree...

2. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i never had a problem with any delta chi's. the phi delt's on the other hand... well, let's just say that markus merk would've had a grand time refereeing my team's intramural soccer games against them.

3. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone seen this story yet?

PHALLIC WARNING

EDIT: I actually clicked on the wrong thread (supposed to be the "catch all" thread), but I guess it's still relevant because alcohol and genitalia pretty much go hand in hand.

4. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another Kirksville tale of beer involves the Keg races... where 2 kegs of crappy beer are competitively consumed in a random field by teams composed of 15 guys and 10 girls... penalties consisting of shutting the tapper off were for fouls like puking, using pitchers, and peeing without a member of another team nearby --- though i believe the puke rule was eliminated my last year...

the entire team, upon completion of both kegs would then have to carry said kegs and race with their entire team to a designated location in the field, usually a tree on a hill or something...

i know i was on a team that finished both in 1 hr 7 mins... instant drunk... save the puke till the end, instant sober... very bizarre...

5. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heard about this on "mike & mike" this morning...hilarious.

6. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Damn, two kegs??? That's crazy. I've only heard of keg races with one keg per team. You guys have balls.

7. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he meant 2 kegs total 1 per team.

8. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That makes me think otherwise, clarification?

9. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh no... 2 kegs per team, 25 total people slamming and slamming... attempt to never turn the tap off... you can have a designated pumper and pourer for the tap... once the keg is dry it is removed, quick fitted to another and the pour begins once again... i wasn't even on the record setting team, they did it in 1:02... we were five minutes short... i remember how disappointed i was that my stomach couldn't pull it off... *shakes head* dismay is more like it...

course, i was dismayed in the grass because i fell over, but dismayed none the less...

i did it 3 years in a row and remember the last year being very lax on the rules, so it was a puke fest, very Waif Model-like... slam a beer or two (i drank from 32 ounce cups) and then puke it up... the first one was hard, but after a good punch to the gut from a generous friend it was easy flowing from there...

wow, thanks for sharing this trip down amnesia lane... it really is amazing i never ended up in the hospital... or in Betty Ford...

10. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we're trying monty pythons holy (gr)ail Ale tonight

11. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wrong, I've had to be at work at 7:30 these past couple of days and probably for the next month or 2 and I'm not used to it yet so I'm going to blame that.

12. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's fine, I'm still in shock at Uppa downing two kegs with him team in just over an hour... that's crazy.

13. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we also tried st petersberg organic ale last night...it didnt smell too great at the begining but was actually quite nice

14. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How was it, I've been wanting to try it but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

15. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eh...it wasnt bad, so it was probably pretty good since i dont like very many beers...typical alre light in color and kind of hoppy (i dont understand why they would make a hopping bottle...wait yes i do its monty python):)

16. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For anyone who's interested:

This Monday, 1/29 at 7:00 pm at the Lukas Liquor at 135th & Stateline there will be a Flying Monkey beer tasting with the founder of Flying Monkey Brewery. The cost is $10 per person and includes "light hors d'oeuvres".

17. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And now.. my least favorite thing about being in a fraternity...
    Dry rush.

18. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that like dry heaves? Sorry this frat stuff is foreign to me, I was GDI.

19. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ah, sorry. Rush is recruitment. And it's dry recruitment so fraternities don't tempt new potential members with alcohol. They are supposed to want to join on the actual merit of the fraternity, not their parties.

But it sucks for people who are already in the fraternity.. no drinky drinky!!

20. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda figured that...forgot my smiley face on that one. Maybe if I'd thrown in a Dream Theater comment huh? ;)

21. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Man. You guys just don't let up do you? You guys really need to give them a chance and listen to them. If LaBrie's singing annoys you, then try Liquid Tension Experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGcrXlwfv8

22. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just give ya cr@p about it. I honestly haven't listened to them enough to have that much of an opinion one way or another.

And in beer news...2 hours and 15 minutes til my beer tasting! And 2 of my own brews will be ready for it too. Hell yeah!

23. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    With it being dry rush and all, I'm seriously thinking aobut getting a 6 pack of Guinness Extra Stout and just kicking back in my room.

24. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nothing like being told when you can and can't have a drink. frats... they deserve a :rolleyes:

25. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh crapola... you have no idea... Kirksville is a different place than Springfield... seriously... a different world...

dry rush was always a great facade though... small individuals drank it the way it needed to be drank, just later at night...

except wednesday and thursday nights of rush, those were long sober nights for me...