Andrulis sacked

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Foosinho, Jul 12, 2005.

1. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    True, but Ellinger is the one who brought Mathis in and traded for Pope, who everyone knew would miss lots of time with the national team that would put their defense in a major bind. I don't think he's totally blameless. Plus, they seem to be getting worse instead of better.

2. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    They do have a GM, though, and anyone who takes up that much cap room must be vetted by him, unless he's being derelict in his duties.

They are, but as the article points out, it's basically because of player absences. In the 4 games Pope, Pierce, Dunseth and Kamler have all played, they've won 3 times.

Without making the argument that Ellinger is blameless, to put him on a deathwatch at this point is to vastly overestimate his role in, and ability to change, what's gone on.

3. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I agree with you there. I dont think his job is in danger at all.

4. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. :D

5. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    It all depends on what expectations Checketts had coming in.

But more than likely he is safe. I don't see how it can be said he chose foolishly when it comes to players.

He got some solid veterans and he got a guy who is bundesliga quality who wasn't playing because he and the coach didn't get along.

Its not his fault they underperformed.

6. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    No...Coaches supposed to "COACH" .... polish attacking and defensive sistems using every individual player talent, correcting errors, impresicions and it seems like Mr Andrulis did not have the talent to do the job...Nobody in this board doubt that Andrulis is a nice person but he was hire to win soccer games not to win friend.... :cool: