Andorra coach: Israel country of murderers

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by Amerikaki, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3300830,00.html

This explains Yossi's yellow card.

2. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    damn thats insane.

3. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    This just backs up everyone who says Andorra have no right to be in UEFA. Not only are they too small and pathetic to play football, they're too dirty and racist - they had the worst discipline record of any country in the world in World Cup qualifying.

4. Benayoun15

Benayoun15 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Boston, MA
    UEFA should revoke Benayoun's yellow and expel Andorra.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This Rodrigo guy seems to have lost his marbles! :rolleyes: :eek:

What a stupid & shamefull statement, not to mention that sport & politics should never be mixed up! :mad:

6. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens

According to jpost.com, the Government of Andorra has ordered an investigation into Rodrigo's comments.

7. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    and so time goes by.....and uefa does nothing about this. I thought our team made a complaint to uefa ,,,nothing was done?
    B/s, uefa better do something soon and not brush this off, we don't forget.

8. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    This is unreal! THEY SHOULD RESCIND YOSSI'S CARD IMMEDIATELY
    I thought this was only a rumour:
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1154526031330&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

"IFA and Andorra up in arms over coach's comments
    By ALLON SINAI

"You're a country of murderers. You're criminals. You fire rockets at civilians and kill children."

This is what Andorra's national soccer team coach, David Rodrigo, allegedly told Israel captain Yossi Benayoun during Wednesday night's Euro 2008 qualification match in the Netherlands - which Israel won 4-1.

The incident occurred in the 31st minute of the match when Benayoun was preparing to take a throw from the sideline and mocked the Andorran coach - whose team was trailing 2-0 at the time - by putting two fingers up in his direction.

"We are checking the matter and we will file a complaint with UEFA," Israel Football Association media officer Shaul Eisenberg told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday after returning to Israel from the Netherlands.

"I couldn't believe what I heard," Benayoun said after the match. "It was unbearable and it hurt me in particular because of all the recent Israeli victims."

The Israeli captain also said after the match that Andorran player Manolo Jimenez, who had heard his coach's remarks, apologized at the end of the game. "It's an embarrassment, I'm really sorry about those words," he said.

The government of Andorra views the incident "gravely" and the sports minister has sent a letter to the president of the Andorra Football Federation, instructing him to carry out a full investigation of the affair, a government spokesperson told the Post by phone.

The Andorran government learned of the affair after reading about it on jpost.com, The Jerusalem Post's Web site.

The spokesperson strongly condemned the "insulting remarks" by Rodrigo and added that should the sports minister's investigation conclude that Rodrigo did make the remarks to the Israeli player, is "likely [that] disciplinary action would follow."

Andorra's minister of foreign affairs has contacted Israel's ambassador to Spain, who also serves as Israel's representative to Andorra, and relayed the government's feelings on the matter. "The government of Andorra totally disassociates itself from this, and we condemn these insulting remarks," the government spokesperson told the Post.

"There is no room in sports for the expression of political opinions," said Israel coach Dror Kashtan. "The authorities should take care of things like this and this man should be called into order. He should keep his political opinions to himself."

Amir Mizroch contributed to this report."

10. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    The card definently needs to be pulled back, I agreed with that on the day it happend, but so far .....nothing has happened yet.

They(andorra or uefa) better do somethint about this soon. This is pissing me off.

Yossi had every right to mock him after he made those comments.