Anderlecht [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Gerby, i think that the critisism on Bassegio is not injuste. I mean compare his form and way of playing with the form he had 2 years ago in the CL.
    Don't you remember the home game against Lazio where he ruled in midfield. To my opinion he has been underachieving for the last year and a half. It's a shame, cause he really is one of the most gifted players we have.

2. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Belgian guy I agree with you and personnaly I think this year is his last chance to be recognized as the player he should be.Last year he disapointed everybody (he knopw about that !).So this year as I wrote is the last chance he has to be considered as a great european player and expecting a very good transfer to a top championship (Italy of course !!!).

For PanicFC: De Wilde is considered right now at this time of the championship despite his age (36) as one of the 3 top goalkeepers of the championship.Nobody in Belgium would dare to put the blame on him for any reason.The guy is on top !!!

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that game against Lazio and thats when I became a Baseggio fan. Apparently since that time he has struggled and has not delivered what is expected of him.

De Wilde: I thought he was closer to 40. He's got a few good years to go.

DeBilde: Glad to see he is back on form.

Seol: That's a surprise

Mornar: How did he do for you last year?

4. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Mornar was probably the best transfer made last year.The guy fights from the 1st to the last minute and has a real club spirit.The problem with him is that he is too often wounded.A quite fragile player but still a fighter !! He is really appreciated by the fans !!!!!
    Regarding Baseggio I'd like to say: "give him a break !!"
    We'll talk about him again at winter break.

5. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
  6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Anderlecht signed Clint Mathis or someone in that ilk they would have huge sales as well.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Panic, why doesn't Donovan want to give Europe a second try, seems like now's a good time to capitalize on that good world cup run

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are entire threads on this in the Yanks Abroad sections, but I'll give you the Panic Short Version:

1) Had bad experience being away from home as a 17-year old
    2) Doesn't think he will play if he returns to Bayer
    3) Didn't really care for Germany
    4) Is Nike's Poster Boy in US
    5) Lives in California - from California
    6) MLS Champion and best team in 2002
    7) Easier to play for US if based in US.
    8) Might lack some maturity.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Well, he could try and start in Holland or something, not starting with a team that's already in the CL like Bayer. A sub top team in Holland could be ideal to jumpstart his European carreer.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    y?i]Originally posted by Belgian guy [/i]
    Well, he could try and start in Holland or something, not starting with a team that's already in the CL like Bayer. A sub top team in Holland could be ideal to jumpstart his European carreer. [/QUOTE]

He has a contract with Bayer till 2007, they would want $7-11 Million for him.

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Really? 7-11 Million? Noone is going to take such a chance, well at least not now with the current football recession...

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. So they need to work it out so he returns to Bayer or MLS buys him out right.

13. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Tonight Anderlecht vs Stabaek in Brussels for UEFA cup.
    Let's be optimistic: 2-0