An open letter to the Nordecke (massive report)

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Kryptonite, May 21, 2011.

1. clevelandstoker

Aug 12, 2004
    Youngstown, OH
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Haven't been to a game yet this season, but that's why I got disgusted last season. It becomes a real distraction when the person next to you is on the verge of blackout and doesn't give a shit about the game or flow of the Nordecke. I tried to ignore it, but that strategy didn't work.

2. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek::eek::eek:

Were there Fire and Timbers supporters in the section helping out?

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watching this stuff: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMc5QUCyxBM"]YouTube - ‪All These Things That I've Done (Stripped LIVE!)‬‏[/ame] makes me really excited to hear this chant in the section. I like both versions proposed. Just awesome guys.

4. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So is anyone wanting to figure out some lyrics and make that chant happen? I too thing the song would be great for a chant. We need more "soulful" sounding songs to chant. We are Columbus and we have massive soul.

5. Lt. Dan's New Legs

Jan 13, 2011
    Westerville, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While we're on the Killers theme, I thought the intro of Spaceman would make a good chant, possibly between other chants and songs as a filler.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnA4r4ocDII"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnA4r4ocDII[/ame]

6. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hmmm

Co o oo o o lum bus

Kinda like that? I like

7. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All around, Day & Age is an underrated album. I said the same thing about Weezer's MakeBelieve, and finally now, years later, people are starting to agree.

8. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    How about Wednesday we take a minute at the game to go over these and perhaps test em out and get them ready for the big game Sunday.

9. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Day and Age is better than Sam's Town, that's for sure. Nothing beats Hot Fuss, though.

Weezer just sucks.

10. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    btw, New York is claiming on Youtube that they invented the We Love Ya chant in the comments section of the 2008 vid.

Bet they don't even know it's from I Will Follow You lol

Hell, even Toronto is doing it

11. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This is why we need to get goin on some new, better chants. It'll never end though. We will make up new chants, and other clubs will continue to steal them and claim them as their own.

Lame

12. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I remember hearing those rats singing it back when they were at Giants Stadium. To make a bit of a statement, they've seemed to sing it for at least 5-10 minutes at the start of every match. It worked well in 2008 and 2009 for those causes with the Nordecke. Now it's time to evolve and think outside the box. I don't mind singing it once in a while, but overkill of that song is sad.

Posting ideas here to some degree gives leeches (those other teams that can't think on their own, they know who they are, lurking) the chance to bite. Give thieves an opportunity and they'll take it.

13. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Good point. We need some sorta online secret society where we can go all ninja about it. Crew avengers, assemble!

14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Zak's ANDRULIS OUT message board/email list is still around... somewhere..

15. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yeah we need something. I'm driving to the match from cincy as I type (yeah I'm super safe) and a song came on my ipod that would make a great chant, but i'm afraid to just post it because of lurkers.

16. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That sucks. I remember them arguing with some Sounders fans about how they stole See Them Fall from them but also remember the Mutts singing it around 98 or so, so there's that. I guess from what it boils down to 90% of the cheers are stolen, either from England/Europe, South America, or other teams.

We should do a

Woah, woah woah
    Generic Columbus Cheer
    Woah woah woah

to the tune of Uptown Girl. Steal that one, ya bastards!

17. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We just need to keep ideas to PM's and such until game day, then spread word around the nordecke about lyrics and such. I'm just tryin to brainstorm here. This is my first year in the nordecke and I wanna help out any way I can. Its sad to hear my roomate talk about the "glory days" and here I read about how sad things are, so I wanna do my part.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, it doesn't matter. As soon as the TV microphones pick up the crowd noise, or someone tries it at a US game, it's someone else's for the taking.

Really, if they want to take "our" songs, use that as a badge of honor. How many did we "take" from elsewhere? IMO, that's how we got the "Everywhere we go, people want to know" chant. One of the USA games here from around 2004-2005 was the first time I remember hearing it at a soccer game, although we seem to have dropped the "where we come from" line.

19. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That's how It's Raining Men was "written" as a song. The entire thing was a cheer.

True story.

20. crew317

crew317 Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Cicero, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really liked how Come On Crew Score a Goal went around last game.
    Ryan started it in 101 and it came over to 142 and 141.

(To the tune of Yankee Doodle)
    Come on, Crew. score a goal,
    It‟s really very simple,
    Put the ball into the net,
    And we‟ll go ********ing mental!
    DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA
    DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

21. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talking of people "stealing" chants, what were Dallas Maverick fans doing just a few minutes ago?

[result]Singing the "ooooh oh oh oh oh oh oh" part of Seven Nation Army.[/result]

22. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching a team get the job done, unlike....................[​IMG]

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone mentioned that everyone outside Dallas fans said they couldn't do it, and they'd be out at the first round of the playoffs, but Dallas proved them wrong with their heart, determination, and a great "dig down deep" attitude.

Does this not sound utterly familiar?

Not to mention, in the game where they won the title, their opponents never really had a chance.

24. JerryLegend

JerryLegend New Member

May 29, 2011
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm wearing my dirk jersey proudly, trying to forget the rest of today happened.

25. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was great to see and hear LTA back in their old section yesterday.