An idea...

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by pething101, Nov 18, 2004.

1. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may turn out great or may suck ass.

I have neve been to Upton Park. Never see it with my own eyes other than pictures from official internet sites. So, if you have pictures of Upton Park or of the West Ham supporters whether at home or away, post them here so I can see what I am missing.

For the record, there is a chance I may have enough money saved up to go to London in April for Spring Break so that will be my first chance to go see West Ham.

2. TheMobyDick

TheMobyDick Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Fairfield,CT
    Sorry,but Upton Park is really an artists impression.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have some somewhere. I'll see if I can scan them in somehow.

4. drwesthammer

drwesthammer New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Pething: GEEDEE who posts on WHO (Westhamonline) has a site on which he posts 80-100 pictures of each home game. You'll get a reasonable idea of what UP looks like from the outside and from the stands. Here's the link:
    http://geedee.smugmug.com/

Happy viewing.

5. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    If you make it and i hope you do.
    If you can get an organised tour of the ground and museum. See gods(Bobby Moore) medals caps etc, walk out onto the ground. If their are no tours go to the front desk tell them where you are from you are only around for a short time etc. They may give you a short tour and let you walk out the tunnel. They did with my kids and they were thrilled. I got homesick and a bit emotional when i saw the Bobby Moore stand.
    If you want to emulate Claret50 go into Barking Road left at the Boleyn pub. Then go into Nathens Pie and mash and give his favourite food a try.

Just before Nathans is Cassetteri's cafe which is where the West Han Academy idea started. In the old days the likes of big Mal Allison, Cantwell, Sexton and other greats, used to get luncheon vouchers and a basic wage.
    They would meet upstairs at Phil Cassetteri's cafe and disscus how to improve the youth set up at the club. They all became top coaches and West Ham with them were the first club to adopt the academy technique.
    I also had breakfast their for about 10 years after i delivered Phils milk. However by then the players were played a lot more and trained at Chadwell heath.

7. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I always thought Allison et al met at Nathans. Great food anyway.

8. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    good luck on getting the trip together for a West Ham game; it will be an experience you'll treasure for a lifetime, and you'll be chomping at the bit for more. I went to my first Blackburn game in May, a 1-0 win v. Man U :), and as soon as I got back home I started saving up to go again! I'm going back over Christmas to see Blackburn play Newcastle and Bolton. :)