an apology to sir alex over our defensive tactics

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by tuseef, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I don't. So I'm sorry if anybody was offended by a mention of something they feel is related to Hillsborough. It was intended as merely a jibe at how boring a team Liverpool are and how likely it is to fall asleep during most of their matches.

2. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago

And the people of Saint Helens and Stockport would like to thank the scousers for the extra traffic and buisness, but offer a simple reminder: door knobs and flatware are not to be used at petrol stations in lue of cash. thanks. ;)

3. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An apology letter for boring football???

uh oh...

Hmm... we're new here in the Premiership (West Brom) and will have to learn the proper etiquette as we haven't been in the top flight in a while.

Will the Baggies have to send Fergie a letter of apology after our Darren Moore sits on Paul Scholes Saturday at Old Trafford? :D

4. Random

Random New Member

May 20, 2002
    N4 again
    No, no, no...

Once you take 3 points off MU, you'll be expected to put forward your "plucky" and naive inexperience of top division football as mitigating circumstances for so failing to read the script, curl up, and die, in the face of so many better-paid, and frankly tabloid-fellated, prawns.

5. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My point was nobody should be offended by it. I thought it was a nice jibe.

6. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    This is the kind of shortsightedness that bothers me....Rio is worth that much, why? Because first of all Cannavaro is older, much older then Rio. Rio has at least TWICE the amount of time in his prime ahead of him then Cannavaro does. Reason #2 is that Rio has played in the Premiership for a while, if nothing else Sir Alex will try to learn from his mistakes, last year he brought in a player who hadn't played in England (Blanc) and expected the adjustment of play to go on without a problem. It didn't, and Man U had a horrible season by their standards. Cannavaro plays in Italy, everyone knows the style of play exhibited in England and Italy are far different, Cannavaro would have again caused a period of adjustment. But most importantly is reason #3. People yell at Man U by saying this is a poor financial move but to the contrary. Rio Ferdinand's Man U jerseys will be jumping off the shelves, this move is one of the few transfers in European history which made almost all American papers the next day. Man U will recoup their investment in Rio soon enough, do you think Cannavaro jerseys would have sold well? No. Rio is arguably the hottest comodity in English soccer right now, Manchester not only paid for him as a player, they payed for him as a marketing tool.

7. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Excellent..This my friends is what manure is all about...commodities..!

Buy the big names, have the fools (formally known as fans) buy the crap, to make money to buy more big names.
    Then Martha dumps her stock...;)

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot "trophies". It's a DISASTER if we go only one season without silverware, other teams are just "disappointed". We have the clout to buy players to fix our problems. Don't blame us for running a good ship.

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Oh, it IS a disaster? Oh, right ... well, how odd. Most "United fans" will tell anyone bored enough to listen that it's no big deal. There's a great deal of huffy, earnest indifference on the matter, in fact.

And United have problems? Again, I am flabbergasted. I have been comprehensively reminded more often than I care to count that there are no such things as problems on Planet "Man Yoo".

Have you checked in with HQ? I think your instructions for this season's view of the world got lost in the post.

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to disappoint your assumption that I'm some sort of "ManYoo Muppet."

I never said that our team had BIG PROBLEMS, we had a particular problem last season that we have partially already dealt with. The other parts of our game remain sublime.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sorry to disappoint your assumption that I'm some sort of "ManYoo Muppet."

Have you??

Bet you tell ancient Scouser jokes. Bet you don't know that everyone in Liverpool and Leeds tells them too, only with Mancs as the butt of them. Bet you call Ferguson "Fergie". Bet you've called Liverpool fans "dippers" without knowing what it means, because you saw it on a website. Bet you don't know the way from the M62 to Salford Quays ...

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bet you eat rats in your stew. Scouser.
    Bet you dumpster dive for your other food. Bindipper.
    Bet you are running out of stereotypes for Mancs. Pikey cnut.

13. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not one of the above was a stereotype of a Manc. They are, however, entirely concordant with the typical "Man Yoo Muppet", to borrow your beautifully turned phrase.

And you live up to every one of them. Right down to not knowing the difference between a Manc and a "United fan".

And you don't know the way from the M62 to the Salford Quays. Or that it's called a "skip", not a "dumpster". Well, it is in Manchester, anyway.

14. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    lol that reminds me of a famous shankly quote

'Brian Clough's worse than the rain in Manchester.
    At least God stops that occasionally !'

15. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    exactly!

16. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    like where exactly?

care to give any examples?

hmm...well?

17. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    Stockport????

LOL u dont know wot your talking about

as a scouser working in mancland..i've been to Stockport a few times...and believe me....you wouldnt need to invite the scousers to generate extra traffic there

the mancunians seem to be doing a fine job ;)

18. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    yeah you better start practising

cos after you beat them at old trafford...fergies gone blame anything he can - the pitch, the ref, the weather, the current economic decline in singapore....you name it ;)

19. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    Re: No, no, no...

you talking about the sun newspaper again? ;)

20. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    exactly

this is not man utd FC we are talking about...this is manchester united PLC

21. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    Look mate, people like me who support the Palace can take the piss out of ManUre because, well, what difference does it make? But people like you, on the other hand, who think you're as big/good/successful as ManUre are but are in fact quite plainly not (show us your Premiership titles, please) ought to be careful when words like "glass houses" and "stones" threaten to come into the sentence. Houllier talks a big game and is probably just about fit to carry Ferguson's jock strap. For now, that's all. What next...you'll be telling me Liverpool have won the Worthington Cup. Oh, sorry, I forgot. Indeed they have. Now there's success for you.

22. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool

salford quays?

lol...that going a bit too far

how about actually telling them wot the M62 is for starters

by the way, the M62 its a motorway..sorry i mean "freeway" ;)

23. tuseef

tuseef New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huyton, Liverpool
    Re: Re: an apology to sir alex over our defensive tactics

if your a palace fan..whats this got to do with you?

your not a palace fan at all...you song like a closet man yoo fan

stop licky licky brown nosing manchester united and alex ferguson

your another typical example of a person who has been brainwashed by the success of man utd in the 90's and the propaganda that alex ferguson has been feeding you

for YOUR information...Liverpool FC ARE a bigger club than Manchester United...we have 18 league championships to our name..as well as 4 european cups..until Man Utd eclipse that record, then your claims that man utd are "bigger" than us is baseless

another thing (which may shock you) is that football did exist before 1993 and that there was indeed a league title to contend before the premiership was introduced

you seem very upset at our worthington cup triumph...anything to do with the fact that we hammered you 5-0 at home in the semi final? (a game i had the pleasure to see)

now, off to bed please

24. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Re: Re: Re: an apology to sir alex over our defensive tactics

Correction, Liverpool WERE a bigger club than United.

25. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    Re: Re: Re: an apology to sir alex over our defensive tactics

Twat. The night before last, sitting in Selhurst Park, I celebrated the 33rd anniversary of my first game as a Palace season ticket holder, so I think I know (and probably a little more than you) about football before 1993. Enough to know a good team when I see one, and enough to know what makes a "big" team, too. And honest enough to state the obvious, whether I like ManUre or not (which, for the record, I don't.)

Upset about 0-5. Do the words 4 and 3 mean anything to you?