'Amor à Camisola' - The Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That new SLB jersey is amazing. That colar is def. poppin. Can these get customized in the US? Will the long sleeves be available here too?

2. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    no GD. There are still some things on back-order (Portugal socks and Boys CR and Federation Ts are other examples) but hopefully according to Nike we will be getting them soon. We got some of those Polos and Green Caps BS has been advertising on their website. We will be offering them at slightly lower prices as we were able to get them with a little discount from Nike and I feel I should pass that on to the customers...

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    OK let me know, you got the Black T so I'm waitting on the Ringer.

4. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I like all the Red on the jersey, i.e. there's been too much white on the Benfica jerseys of late (how's that for a racist remark :D ).
    As for the LongSleeve, I think they will only be available in Portugal but I plan on getting them; and yes, I will be ordering the official lettering and #s from Benfica. BTW, I still have an official Simao set (#20 and name). Anyone interested?

5. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    save me a medium black Portugal jersey CSD from the quiz...just waiting to see what Deco's number is going to be to have it printed (provided you'll be able to do that service)...I'd also be interested in some of those Portugal or Porto bracelets

Obrigadissimo

6. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hi there, I just PMed UltraViseu before saying that you're the last contestant standing without his prizes... The people in Portugal are telling me they are just waiting for a few more #s that are missing from my order so they could ship it out all together (shipment is a killer!:mad: ) hopefully no more than 2 weeks.
    Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Hugo Viana to get hurt so Quaresma is called and I could find out his # for the World Cup (half-kidding, I guess:cool: )

7. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    we'll keep in touch come May 15 when he comes out with the list...if you want you can send the Portugal scarf...but wouldn't make much sense as it would be a separate shipment, so i'll just play the waiting game...no fim, da' todo certo!:D

8. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

You guys really think Deco is taking another number other than 20?

I think 10 will go to the man who least deserves it Hugo Viana!
    I think Moutinho, Meireles, or Mendes should be given that, but Scolari will not look passed his "nephews" Maniche and Costinha and neither of those three will be called up.

I would love to see the number 10 go to Tiago someday. He will probably take 19 this summer.

9. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Damn, already got that one. Idf it were only a Manuel Fernandes!!!!

I got these two Benfica jerseys signed by the King Eusebio last week that are already hanging on my wall in a frame next to my Paulo Sousa and Quaresma autographed.

If anyone knows any relliable autographed jersey vendor please post it on here.

10. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    10 won't go to anybody until after the World Cup I believe.

11. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

that would be ideal. I think Portugal would probably tbe the only country without a number 10 jersey to ever play in the mundial.

To me that number is overated. All of my team mates were after it. I only wanted my number 8. JVP style.

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I used to like 8 as well. Reminds me of 69 for some reason.

13. Forever-Sporting

Forever-Sporting New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Can we expect to see black customized jeresys on the site in 2 weeks or will they only be available in stores.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He is not a #10 player. Hell he is only good enough right now to play for the NT because Costinha's form is so crap and Manny Fernandes is still "too young" :rolleyes:

Scolari better let Deco take his rightful number for the WC.

15. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    SOmebody must wear #10. Fifa only allows 1-23 on the World CUp

16. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Neither are guys like Ruud VanHorsemouth, but I think it belongs to a guy like Tiago who CAN play that role.

As far as the comment on Tiago, he is an excellent player. He is very,very constant performer. He never dips below 70%, but he also never goes above 90%. He is just a solid, steady player.

17. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Hmmm, thanks for that. I did not know. But now that I think about it yes, I believe that is accurate.

18. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Well, Deco likes the number 20, but if he switched to 10, I would like Simao to get 20 and Boa Morte to get 11.

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So we are all in Agreement Costinha is Crapola plus he even said he wants no part of the NT because he is out of shape.

Fitness counts and with Bulky BulkRonaldo,Figo,Deco,Quaresma,Moutinho all Fit and look in shape I think conditioning is a big aprt of winning a Championship because there more alert.

20. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

It depends. He might be out of shape but he's got one month to prove to Scolari and us Portuguese that picking him was the correct decision. Costinha is a very good player and so is Maniche.

Remember the only reason we had a good team in 66 and 2004 was because a Portuguese club won the champions league. Each respective team team was made up of mostly Benfica's squad and Porto squad. The core of the 2004 finalists were made up of Porto athletes whereas 66 was mostly Benfica stars.

This year we will see.

But this is the wrong thread for this.

21. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tiago/Mendes/Martins/Custodio

Might as well just have a lottery, I'm fine with any of the above.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fernandes is playing!!!

23. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can't believe you really think no one will wear 10 for Portugal...are you guys mad?

24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    10 went to who at Euro? Rui Costa?

25. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    Yup. And after the Euro the FPF "banned" anyone fron wearing number 7 (Figo) and 10 (Rui). Ofcourse, Figo returned to the NT months after.