'Amor à Camisola' - The Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I say plan B they are trying to do last minute touches.

I am sure that they are concern because it has to do with Portugal's flag colors and they don't want another backlash.

Joelzinho why riot? They will change it I have that feeling in my heart.

2. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    you bet. i signed it a few weeks ago. feel your pain. nike still hasnt gotten brazil's yellow right, although i do think getting the short colors totally wrong is much worse.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    you can bet that nike will do something about it. getting this wrong means a potential loss in contract. portugal, along with the dutch, are nike's highest profile clients in europe. im sure there will be a lot of pressure from fans and the media to dump nike. im pretty sure nike doesnt want to see portugal wearing pumas or adidas in the 2008 euro cup.

4. SouLeao

SouLeao Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Toronto
    I really hate to be the pessimist but I don't think our petition will make a major company like Nike change their lineup. If every person who signed that petition chipped in a $1000, it still wouldn't add up to the money Nike invests in the research/designing/and so on of the kits, let alone the production which I'm sure they've already started.

And before everyone jumps all over me, I also really want the green shorts. But I'm sure Nike sells 50 jerseys to every pair of shorts, so where's the motivation for them to scrap or change plans they've had in place for who knows how long. They'll make their money just the same. As much as I hate the red shorts, I'm still going to pick up that shirt as soon as it's available.

And as far as Portugal not renewing any future contracts, I'm sure the FPF gave the go-ahead to any design. So, if in fact it is the red shorts, it got the Portuguese stamp of approval.

Here's hoping the photo is a fake or an early leak and the green (or white a-la 1966?) short will be revealed real soon.

5. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They knew about it back in November. Nov.1st article. LoL............we were late.

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=687422&idCanal=832

A Selecção Nacional vai usar no Mundial'2006 um equipamento alternativo inédito, de cor preta. A decisão está tomada pela FPF, mas não há ainda data para a apresentação.

O preto foi a cor usada no primeiro jogo de Portugal, a 18 de Dezembro de 1921, frente à Espanha, em Madrid. Mas depressa o vermelho passou a ser a cor principal das camisolas, com os calções sempre de branco. Durante décadas, o equipamento alternativo foi igualmente branco, tendo havido, nos últimos anos, experiências com camisolas e calções cinzentos. Ainda este ano, num jogo frente à Irlanda, em Dublin, Portugal vestiu uma inédita camisola preta e branca, numa iniciativa contra o racismo.

A marca que equipa a Selecção, a Nike, tem já definidos os princípios básicos do desenho para o Mundial. O vermelho deverá ser integral (camisola, calções e meias) no equipamento principal e o preto será a cor dominante no alternativo, exactamente numa recordação, 85 anos depois do primeiro jogo de Portugal.

Data: Terca-feira, 1 Novembro de 2005 - 02:40

6. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Actually we were early. We had known about red shorts almost a month in advance thanks to Chopsoccerdude. Also, this article was already posted before (by me).

7. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was way earlier than that! I went to NY for Nike's WC presentation back in August and I posted it here the same day, so it's more like 2-3 months earlier...

8. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

And here, I thought I discovered something big. It was 3:16 am when I posted. It must have been the Sam Adams doing all the talking.

9. Portugal2006

Portugal2006 New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Below are some details from an article at MaisFutebol:

1) The new World Cup kit for Portugal will indeed loose the green shorts as has been shown.

2) The official presentation of the new kit will be made on the 13th of February.

3) The alternative equipment will be all black.

4) The Red kit tone is actually what is referred to as a Crimson.

5) The Green ceases to exist on the short, and will only be in a V shaped colar strip on the shirt, as well as a thin strip on the bottom of the sleeves, and a thicker strip at the top of the socks.

6) The yellow also ceases to exist and all lines previously in yellow now become golden.

7) In the back of the shirt, on top of where the Player number is to go will be embroidered a Golden "CROSS OF CHRIST" (a nike team was sent to Portugal and every other nike country to study a bit of history on the country as inspiration for the kits, I suppose this CROSS OF CHRIST may be the same type of Cross found in the Portuguese Navigator Ships of the 1400 & 1500's)

8) The alternative kit will also have some golden outlines.

9) The numbering and naming will be in "FONT" lettering. (Although it fails to specify which font????)

10) In the principal training suit the pants will also be black. And the jacket to match these pants will be green, as will be a thinner jacket referred to as "ANTHEM JACKET" to be used by the team during the national anthems.

That's about it below is the link for the story in Portuguese.

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=638541&div_id=2715

11)

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So they changed it or not:confused:

11. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

11) All this information supplied by ChopSoccerDude :cool: :D and not new to any BigSoccer.com Portugal forum poster...

PS: good job in the translation BTW :)

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So what is the latest csd?

Did they have a change of heart or to much pressure from Outsiders?

13. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No clue, as GoodDead has said they've been very quiet and won't say anything until the formal and official presentation on Feb. 13th.
    My guess is that despite the petition they still kept the red shorts.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Guess there will be alot of angry fans:mad:

Oh well at least we tried:)

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

I like these jerseys simple and little detail:)

16. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    cool. thanks for the link. brazil's jersey will also be announced next monday at some fashion show in rio.

the cross thing on the back sounds very interesting. brazil's will probably be 5 stars in the shape of the southern cross constellation.

as for the jersey numbers, im sure they will be like korea's. one of the other world cup jersey threads had it posted. numbers are UGLY. like futuristic looking. worse than the adidas ones.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am confused to what Brasil's "personal design" will look like. I am guessing the southern cross constellation is those stars that are located inside the blue globe of Brasil? Is that correct leonidas?

18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah, the southern cross constelattion is in the Brazilian flag.

The cross thing for Portugal sounds like a nice addition, it is probably my faviorte portuguese symbol, used on the boats of the explorers etc

The New Portugal hat they are displaying in the big soccer shop, already has this design on the back of it and it looks good.

Jec1 I like those Euro 2000 jerseys as well I have one of those

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks for clearing the sourthern cross for me.

I think the Gold Cross right above the numbers is going to be a great addition.

20. Figo Rules

Figo Rules Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Hey Diabo,

A Portugal home jersey for $30??? Which Champs location?
    That's a pretty sweet deal.

I guess I'm closest to Dufferin Mall and Yorkdale and I'm pretty sure they have Champs at those malls. Either one of those?

21. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Guys, this thread has run its course. Let's continue the discussion in this new thread...