Ammusing moment at Tir Na Nog on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by biersal, Jul 13, 2007.

1. biersal

biersal Member

Jun 12, 2000
    Roxborough
    Club:
    --other--
    There ended up being a nice little crew at Wednesday's U-20 game (at least for that venue), at least 12 people specifically there to watch the game. This was a vast improvement from the two of us who watched the USA v. Poland game just a few days before. Anywho as it relates to the Sons of Ben, I was chatting with a guy who played college soccer and was friendly with John Harkes, nice guy....well somehow the mls and Philadelphia are mentioned and he makes this strange face kinda like Mr. Yuck and says something to the extent of "I don't know if I could follow that team when it starts the logo is dark with the skull and scythe" I went on to explain that it was just the logo for the supporters group, but he still was not feeling the design....he did mention that he liked that the colors matched the flag of Philly.

Not a criticism or anything, just an amusing moment that I can't do justice with just words

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even though the overwhelming response to the Jolly Franklin has been positive, there have been a smattering of comments similar to what he said.

the skull i can understand as being dark and ominous, but the scythe? maybe because it's synonymous with the grim reaper, and not so much agriculture anymore.

3. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like somebody's hubby ;)